Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys quick question , I was reading about delivery day and people doing inspections like crazy looking things that none looked in another car before like alignment, soldering rubbers even internal lights dead pixels etc..
Why that? Tesla should have a quality control in place no?
That kind scares me tho.
One positive outcome from using a checklist is it helps you notice features that might not have stood out otherwise (like the embedded light in the frunk). I haven't seen lists that involve looking at soldering rubbers. That does seem excessive. Using a checklist didn't save me from receiving a car with damaged paint and Tesla not caring at all. In my view, it is well worth having a careful look before accepting delivery, which you can't do when it is delivered to your home.

Hi guys,

I've been offered a Quicksilver with black interior for a quicker delivery (7-21 days) apparently the inventory is in transit to Brisbane? I didn't think there was a ship headed that way until next month. I'm wondering if I should change to QS from Ultra Red. I don't know how long the wait will be for my Ultra Red with white interior. I'm perplexed and not sure what to do. The QS is stunning & the wheels are 29" induction. I have to pay a little bit extra but I don't mind. Looking for others opinions please, as I'm indecisive AF 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: dronus
Hi guys,

I've been offered a Quicksilver with black interior for a quicker delivery (7-21 days) apparently the inventory is in transit to Brisbane? I didn't think there was a ship headed that way until next month. I'm wondering if I should change to QS from Ultra Red. I don't know how long the wait will be for my Ultra Red with white interior. I'm perplexed and not sure what to do. The QS is stunning & the wheels are 29" induction. I have to pay a little bit extra but I don't mind. Looking for others opinions please, as I'm indecisive AF 🤣🤣🤣
I ended up going the other way from QS to ultra red for the same reason, because WA got ripped off big time with their QS allocations.

I’m guessing Turandot is the ship in question, as they just gave their allocations yesterday.

IMO the induction wheels are a waste now the Gemini’s are black. They’re more expensive to replace and suck 20-30ks off your range.

Still; you’re saving 4-6 weeks in wait time .

Without the wheels I’d go for it - it’s what I did, but in reverse, with the wheels?
Probably still would

Hi guys,

I went from Quicksilver/White/Gemini > Ultra Red/White/Inductions and got offered Quicksilver/White/Inductions. I snapped it up :) Delivery from 13-30th June.

I like both colours and I think the red looks a bit better, but I think I'd rather save that for a sports car.

The range issue never bothered me, I figure, 99% of my driving is in metro where I'm not going to notice, and on the occasional road trip, I'd just stop at a supercharger for an extra 5 minutes.

Good points from the both of you. Although it sucks to lose range, the plus is it's a huge amount and I'm driving around a metro area. As MrCeebs said, I can always charge a bit longer on rd trips. MrCeebs, do you have any photos of your car? I love the way the black interior looks with QS but have not seen what the white looks like ☺️
I ended up going the other way from QS to ultra red for the same reason, because WA got ripped off big time with their QS allocations.

I’m guessing Turandot is the ship in question, as they just gave their allocations yesterday.

IMO the induction wheels are a waste now the Gemini’s are black. They’re more expensive to replace and suck 20-30ks off your range.

Still; you’re saving 4-6 weeks in wait time .

Without the wheels I’d go for it - it’s what I did, but in reverse, with the wheels?
Probably still would

I went from Quicksilver/White/Gemini > Ultra Red/White/Inductions and got offered Quicksilver/White/Inductions. I snapped it up :) Delivery from 13-30th June.

I like both colours and I think the red looks a bit better, but I think I'd rather save that for a sports car.

The range issue never bothered me, I figure, 99% of my driving is in metro where I'm not going to notice, and on the occasional road trip, I'd just stop at a supercharger for an extra 5 minutes.

My bad, just realised you don't have it yet 😅😅

So, I bit the bullet & chose exactly the same as you. I've got a VIN # woohoo! Now to wait for a delivery date. Probably be a bit longer for me as I'm in NQ.

Reactions: Sturty
Mine is very similar timeline, we were both on Grand Pace.

Ordered Quicksilver MYP with black interior on 10/04.
Car built 07/05
Car loaded on ship in Shanghai 12/05
Arrived in Melbourne 25/05
Advised I could book a delivery slot on 31/05.
Earliest delivery for Melbourne pickup was 14/06.

I’ve also got lots of accessories to put in the car :)

Reactions: Mosesvii
So to give everyone a run down of where things stand around the country

Sydney Melbourne and Brisbane are awaiting pickup from the Grand Pace which departed last week.

Adelaide are waiting for the Leo Spirit due in about a week, it’s got to stop off in Fremantle first.

Perth are waiting for Dugong Ace, our cars were dropped off in Laem Chabang, Thailand by Leo Spirit.

From here it gets interesting.

Perth also have a small allocation off Grand Pace coming via road, to make up for the lack of LR and P on the initial batch, as well as the slow deliveries here - four months from order is a long time compared to the rest of the country. I’m not aware of a Melbourne to Perth road trip happening before, it isn’t the norm.

Brisbane also have an ex- Leo Spirit shipment coming mid July via Mercury Ace coming via Thailand.

And now Syd/Mel/Bris have their most recent allocations via the incoming Turandot.

Phew. A bit going on.
Any questions please throw them my way.

All good for the delivery date 14/06 here we go
IMG_0003.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Sturty
I ordered and put a deposit down on a Y RWD yesterday.
Only changed the colour to Quicksilver.

Got the VIN today: LRWYHCFS6RCxxxxxx
Est. Delivery: June 8 - June 29

View attachment 1048515
Just a quick update. (ordered on May 18th @ Parra)
My delivery/pickup date has been set to June 19th. (only could select 19th or 20th in the app when it said I could last week)
Tesla asked for the rego papers to be signed yeterday which I signed and uploaded through the app.
Only thing remaining is "Make your final payment" which SG Fleet will do by 17th.

Reactions: Syknight
picked up the MYP this morning. He said I was first to pickup a quicksilver performance. So will be rare on the road at least for a little while :)

The thing is awesome. When I got onto the onramp on the monash I absolutely annalihated the BMW next to me at the red light on ramp. Also continued to annihilate everyone at traffic lights lol. Yes I'm a child :)

Sound system is so much better than my Model 3 RWD. The handling is great even with the low profile tyres they have done a great job with the comfort suspension. Felt like a smoother ride than my 2022 ranger.

picked up the MYP this morning. He said I was first to pickup a quicksilver performance. So will be rare on the road at least for a little while :)

The thing is awesome. When I got onto the onramp on the monash I absolutely annalihated the BMW next to me at the red light on ramp. Also continued to annihilate everyone at traffic lights lol. Yes I'm a child :)

Sound system is so much better than my Model 3 RWD. The handling is great even with the low profile tyres they have done a great job with the comfort suspension. Felt like a smoother ride than my 2022 ranger.
Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: Andy G MYP
Has this been installed be a licensed person?
yeah the orange thing is what the technician installed. and the charger
the other cable on top is the light that to go the garage.
at the time at the photo was missing the L shape of the gray one, he want to put the orange there and I sad no haha.
so he came other day and just added the correct gray one...
500 AUD just to install, that thing plus meter and Breaker.
I also asked the cost to upgrade from single to 3 phase, 4k so single it is haha

Guys quick question for who already have the model y without ultrasonic sensors and only camera vision, notice some discrepancies in precision in terms of distance between the front and the object is something that you guys are having?
Also couldn’t find te option for parking , that one that show the positions and you select one and the car stops there. Suppose to have that in that 30 days trial autopilot no?

Guys quick question for who already have the model y without ultrasonic sensors and only camera vision, notice some discrepancies in precision in terms of distance between the front and the object is something that you guys are having?
Also couldn’t find te option for parking , that one that show the positions and you select one and the car stops there. Suppose to have that in that 30 days trial autopilot no?
I don’t believe the 30 days enhanced autopilot is offered anymore, that was a short thing a full year or so ago