Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I just received the documents, looking in this forum I found that after some days Tesla will send another email asking me to fill the rego form and send it by email.
Also priced with the wire transfer.
Right now I have only the estimate delivery 13 jun to 04 July.

Reactions: 3RWD
arghh,, when is my turn!!!
reading all these happy comments about assigned VIN/Delivery dates and stupidly checking my Tesla app every few hours, though I know I will most likely get a notification first :)
MY LR Ultra Red / White Interior / 20" ordered 7th of May, estimated delivery is still May - June

• Funny
Reactions: sam. and Brando_o
arghh,, when is my turn!!!
reading all these happy comments about assigned VIN/Delivery dates and stupidly checking my Tesla app every few hours, though I know I will most likely get a notification first :)
MY LR Ultra Red / White Interior / 20" ordered 7th of May, estimated delivery is still May - June
All I'll say is some of us had to wait three monthsish to get to this point. Look back further and you have the poor chaps who had Glovis Caravel vehicles who waited three months, got their delivery dates, had their ship quarantined for two months before being sent back to China in the end and then had to wait another three months ;)

In saying that, if you told me your state I could provide you a better guesstimate perhaps.

Also, my first notification came through the app, a full 18 hours before I got the email. There is merit to the mad refreshing.

All I'll say is some of us had to wait three monthsish to get to this point. Look back further and you have the poor chaps who had Glovis Caravel vehicles who waited three months, got their delivery dates, had their ship quarantined for two months before being sent back to China in the end and then had to wait another three months ;)
:eek: Fingers crossed that will not happen again
In saying that, if you told me your state I could provide you a better guesstimate perhaps.
NSW, Metro Sydney

:eek: Fingers crossed that will not happen again

NSW, Metro Sydney
Sydney and Melbourne have a me a little confused at the moment.
I would've been reasonably confident that one of Morning Crystal or Paganella, both known Tesla carriers, would've had Tesla vehicles on there during their most recent run.
Morning Crystal was loading side by side with Leo Spirit, which until the weekend had my RWD Y on there.
It appears not. Leo Spirit is only dropping Teslas off in Adelaide. Fremantle get them on the Dugong Ace. which is coming to Sydney, but I expect you'd already have got an allocation from there it was happening, I got mine a week ago.

Brisbane are getting a MolAce allocation coming via Singapore/Thailand due in port first week of July via Mercury Ace.
From my research, that isn't typical, typically Brisbane get the standard Wallenius Wilhelmsen East Coast run. From there Canberra and Adelaide are serviced by road.

The current timeframe is 1-3 weeks for a LR Y for Sydney, in fact everywhere in Aus sans WA. It says that across the board for everything except Quicksilver.
However, real talk?For our RWDs in WA, we're 4-8 weeks out. Brisbane are 8-10 weeks out for their LR. Adelaide are perhaps closest, 3-4 weeks out.

The short answer? I don't know. I suspect the answer is none of the above.

Sydney and Melbourne have a me a little confused at the moment.
I would've been reasonably confident that one of Morning Crystal or Paganella, both known Tesla carriers, would've had Tesla vehicles on there during their most recent run.
Morning Crystal was loading side by side with Leo Spirit, which until the weekend had my RWD Y on there.
It appears not. Leo Spirit is only dropping Teslas off in Adelaide. Fremantle get them on the Dugong Ace. which is coming to Sydney, but I expect you'd already have got an allocation from there it was happening, I got mine a week ago.

Brisbane are getting a MolAce allocation coming via Singapore/Thailand due in port first week of July via Mercury Ace.
From my research, that isn't typical, typically Brisbane get the standard Wallenius Wilhelmsen East Coast run. From there Canberra and Adelaide are serviced by road.

The current timeframe is 1-3 weeks for a LR Y for Sydney, in fact everywhere in Aus sans WA. It says that across the board for everything except Quicksilver.
However, real talk?For our RWDs in WA, we're 4-8 weeks out. Brisbane are 8-10 weeks out for their LR. Adelaide are perhaps closest, 3-4 weeks out.

The short answer? I don't know. I suspect the answer is none of the above.
Oh Lord, by the time I get my car, looks like it'll be a 3 month wait😭😭 damn. I'm in Townsville NQ. Ordered a RWD Ultra Red/white interior with 19" Geminis.

Hey guys quick question , I was reading about delivery day and people doing inspections like crazy looking things that none looked in another car before like alignment, soldering rubbers even internal lights dead pixels etc..
Why that? Tesla should have a quality control in place no?
That kind scares me tho.

Hey guys quick question , I was reading about delivery day and people doing inspections like crazy looking things that none looked in another car before like alignment, soldering rubbers even internal lights dead pixels etc..
Why that? Tesla should have a quality control in place no?
That kind scares me tho.
It’s a bit of a throwback to when we received Model S, X and the first Model 3s from the USA factory in Freemont California.
The accuracy of fit and finish has never been world leading from that factory and 2019 when the first Model 3s arrived in Australia was at the tail end of production ramp up for the new at the time Model 3.
The check lists were created around this time and continued to be available now to anyone interested.
Production switched to the Shanghai factory in 2020 and the quality of vehicles from that factory is superior.
Having said that, not all cars are perfectly made, not even Toyotas and it’s a good idea to carefully inspect your car on delivery day, particularly for any damage that may have occurred in transit.
My Model S was made in Freemont in 2014 when quality was supposedly not good. When I took delivery the quality of the paintwork was flawless and whilst the gaps were wider than say a Lexus or BMW the fit and finish was otherwise very good IMHO.

Reactions: Jules22