TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Authorized 75D Uncorking delivery deadline?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BWa75D, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BWa75D

BWa75D Supporting Member

For those that understand this question:

Is the deadline July 1st in the US and June 15th in the UK?

-By deadline I mean any cars delivered after the date getting corporate authorization to get uncorked at the
    local SC.

2. Langhorne

Langhorne Member

I took delivery on June 16th from Devon, PA. My DS said July 1st is the deadline when I reached out to him a couple of days ago.
    Not sure whether it's going to do any good to call and bitch about it. Considering it..any one know if that will help?
    Need to make a pot of coffee and sit down to read the big thread on this topic one of these days.

3. croman

croman Active Member

Tesla corporate claims to have a list of VINs that are eligible for uncorking. If you go to the service center, their computers will have a "performance uncork" tab if your car is on that VIN list. If not, they will tell you that it requires hardware (which it doesn't for a D) or some other song and dance. Its all lies apparently. They will never admit to it unless you're really persuasive somehow.

• Helpful x 2
  4. kdday

kdday Member

I'd pay good money for the uncork on my Dec 16 car

• Like x 1
  5. Bebop

Bebop Member

This is very true. Someone in the other thread had mentioned that they literally showed him the computer screen and he saw the flag for "uncork eligible" or something of that nature. So it seems best to ask your DS or call the service center.