Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto presenting handles & soft close doors from Hansshow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I'm a little late to the game here but I have both the Hansshow soft closing and self presenting doors and have had nothing but problems since day 1. I plan on removing this hardware and replacing it with something better. I'll be posting a video on youtube sharing my experience within a few days.

I know I'm a little late to the game here but I have both the Hansshow soft closing and self presenting doors and have had nothing but problems since day 1. I plan on removing this hardware and replacing it with something better. I'll be posting a video on youtube sharing my experience within a few days.
Would you mind writing up your experience and posting it here as well? Not everyone wants to watch YouTube videos.

Reactions: bedoig
Anyone have issues after 2022.36.2?
I just installed the colorful version but cannot open the front or rear passenger side by the door unlock button on the door or by pressing the narrow part of the door handle,and will not open when I am near, i hear the motor attempting to open but will not open. It will unlock thru the app or thru the tesla display. also the Driver side works fine. I am also on 2022.36.2

I just installed the colorful version but cannot open the front or rear passenger side by the door unlock button on the door or by pressing the narrow part of the door handle,and will not open when I am near, i hear the motor attempting to open but will not open. It will unlock thru the app or thru the tesla display. also the Driver side works fine. I am also on 2022.36.2
For what I know, Hansshow, is working for an update.
What color have the ecu box?
Contacted them?

Boy, thats a LOT of work to do in order to have tesla refuse service, (Dont cite Magnuson moss.. they can say "not our part" and refuse service). They had me sign a release before they would work on my car because I had a aftermarket stereo, and then blamed steering wheel control failures on the car stereo. best wait till your out of warranty for this stuff

I installed the Hansshow soft close on my Model 3 driver's door today. It works fine, but my window won't park in the closed position. It rises then comes back down an inch or two. I was very careful in using masking tape to mark the original window glass position before removing it, and I took care to re-install the window glass in the same original position. Despite this, I can only assume that for some reason the window is slightly too high so is sensing excess resistance at the closed position. Unless someone has another suggested cause, I will remove door panel tomorrow and drop the window about 1/16" to see if that solves the problem.

I installed the Hansshow soft close on my Model 3 driver's door today. It works fine, but my window won't park in the closed position. It rises then comes back down an inch or two. I was very careful in using masking tape to mark the original window glass position before removing it, and I took care to re-install the window glass in the same original position. Despite this, I can only assume that for some reason the window is slightly too high so is sensing excess resistance at the closed position. Unless someone has another suggested cause, I will remove door panel tomorrow and drop the window about 1/16" to see if that solves the problem.
Update: I tried to recalibrate the window tonight. At first it still retracted after reaching the top. But after I gently coached it up in small increments, it successfully closed and now seems to be acting normally again.