Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Volume increase with speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow, that is great to hear. Can you tell me more details as to what they did, replaced, etc so I can tell my SC?
I don't know if it will help, but here you go (these were on different visits):

7.jpg

7.jpg
13.jpg

4 & 5.jpg

Also, I couldn't find the invoice, but early X's had a soft rubber seal around the front door triangular windows that tended to get folded over. That was replaced by the redesigned hard rubber seals now in use.

Hope this helps!

• Informative
Reactions: jrichey
My 2013 S had wind noise issues from the glass; I took it in complaining about one spot, the service center identified a couple of other windows producing noise and fixed them all. A good improvement, great service, satisfied customer. Road noise is the #1 thing now, highly dependent on road surface.

Oh: and I requested the auto-adjusting volume in an email to Tesla back in probably 2013! Still waiting, sigh.

"The audio systems for both the Model S and Model X were designed and manufactured by s1nn. Harmon International Group acquired s1nn in early 2015.
It was reported by s1nn that the Tesla system includes Volume Management. This automatically changes the volume and bass level based on the vehicles speed (i.e. noise from outside) and the climate control’s fan setting (inside noise) to maintain clarity as these noise sources get louder or softer. My own analysis with a spectrum analyzer did not see any volume changes at different frequencies with fan speed changes, so s1nn may not have actually included this feature on our cars. This test was done with 7.0 software and a MS with the standard audio package for 800 Hz to 8 KHz."
View attachment 210136
Audio Systems for the Tesla Model S and Model X | TeslaTap

Thanks so much for the details and hard work! I went to the Tesla Tap site and will check back regularly for updates about the Model X. I am very interested in adding my Alpine amp and an under seat sub in front. Thanks again!

Geesh, even a basic car speed:volume increase function would take all of, what, 10 minutes of coding? Add another 10 minutes to give us a Gain control and an On/Off slider.

Come on Elon, please get on this.

Thx.
What do you think about asking for this feature via Twitter, maybe as a poll?

I have put a request on Twitter asking for this feature, as a New Year gift.
You never know, maybe the squeaky wheel??

Last edited:
Reactions: nzer