Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just down loaded the latest update for my MS Long Range Plus, 2022.16.2. My auto wipers had previously been horrible and I couldn't use them on the auto settings. It rained here yesterday so I thought I would give them a try. They seemed to work perfectly. I hope this wasn't a fluke!!!! Anyone else have this experience???

Reactions: David29
I just down loaded the latest update for my MS Long Range Plus, 2022.16.2. My auto wipers had previously been horrible and I couldn't use them on the auto settings. It rained here yesterday so I thought I would give them a try. They seemed to work perfectly. I hope this wasn't a fluke!!!! Anyone else have this experience???
I drove from Orlando to Miami and back the last couple of days and the auto wipers are still not great. When the drops start falling I find that they don’t always start wiping right away and I have to manually press the stalk to get them going. I also notice that they move too fast for the amount of rain coming down and they don’t slow down at traffic lights. My BMW X5 and 535 had great auto wipers but Tesla needs to work on theirs more. Tesla does not allow you to change the speed manually on autopilot either. Sometimes they turn on by themselves with no water maybe because of bugs, but it’s annoying.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Upvote 0
I drove from Orlando to Miami and back the last couple of days and the auto wipers are still not great. When the drops start falling I find that they don’t always start wiping right away and I have to manually press the stalk to get them going. I also notice that they move too fast for the amount of rain coming down and they don’t slow down at traffic lights. My BMW X5 and 535 had great auto wipers but Tesla needs to work on theirs more. Tesla does not allow you to change the speed manually on autopilot either. Sometimes they turn on by themselves with no water maybe because of bugs, but it’s annoying.
Agreed. This has been the behavior of the auto wipers ever since Tesla moved from dedicated rain sensors to using the vision system (camera based). Was not a good move, IMHO.

Upvote 0