Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not considering the A052 because from what I saw they will be gone after 5 events on the Tesla despite being the fastest. I'm afraid the Nankang CR-S will have the same issue ?
The A052's go fast, but not that fast. I got 130 runs out of mine last year with -2.0° front camber, 1.8° rear. (same as superfly, how do you get 3.3°!???)
Don't forget the new RE-71RS'
Hankook RS-4's are the wear kings (but need heat to get going)
It really matters- do you care more about $$$ or lap times?

Reactions: randmness
All,

I run MPP corkscrew Arms in front to get to those -3+ deg camber

My club is VERY competitive as I have 2 2022 national champions (STS and BSP) with crazy fast Miatas and some super fast EVO's as well. I'm ranking between top 3/top 5 raw most events with Tesla/C7 despite that (there are open wheelers as well)

I like to be fast (I run A7 scrubs with my C7 Z06 when I run it) but I do not want to spend 2k on tires as I have to balance my spend between the 3 and the C7 which does roadcourse.

My alignment was 0 toe front and 0.04deg in per wheel at the rear last time I did my alignment. And following MPP procedure for toe adjustment when I go from all shims to 0 shims...

Last time I checked my alignment was 6 month ago though...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
I run MPP corkscrew Arms in front to get to those -3+ deg camber
Interesting. I've never been able to get anywhere near that even with V2 camber arms. Are you just assuming it from MPP's specs, or did you actually measure it on a rack?

In my experience, the difference between top end 200TW tires and mid tier is about 0.5%. Are you within 0.2 seconds of the people you want to compete with? If not, then the tires aren't going to be the difference.

Come join us in the other active AutoX threads:

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
Interesting. I've never been able to get anywhere near that even with V2 camber arms. Are you just assuming it from MPP's specs, or did you actually measure it on a rack?

In my experience, the difference between top end 200TW tires and mid tier is about 0.5%. Are you within 0.2 seconds of the people you want to compete with? If not, then the tires aren't going to be the difference.

Come join us in the other active AutoX threads:
I'm lowered and had around -1.2deg camber before the MPP arms. I used an angle gauge to check when maxed out and I was around -3deg with the 2022 version of their arms which gets an additonal camber gain vs previous versions. I did not test since I installed the coilovers.

I'm lowered and had around -1.2deg camber before the MPP arms. I used an angle gauge to check when maxed out and I was around -3deg with the 2022 version of their arms which gets an additonal camber gain vs previous versions. I did not test since I installed the coilovers.
I will have to replace my RT660 on the Tesla after running them a little over half 2022 (maybe 10 days total on them)

I was disappointed by the wear on the Falkens, the inside are almost corded already on the front and I had a crack on one of the rears (which did not evolve though). 265*35 18. I will flip them for the first events of 2023 but I think they only have 2-3 more days in them.
Your alignment is likely off.
I run -3.5 degrees up front all summer/fall, had ~10 events on my RT660 and my wear is pretty even.

Possibly...I used the RT660 around 500-600 miles on the road on top of around 10 events... Basically with 3+ deg of camber, outside front is okay, inside front lots of wear, outside rear lots of wear, inside rear okay. With around -1.2deg rear camber...
How much camber do you recommend at the rear ?
Any experience with AR-1 and CR-S from Nankang on the Tesla 3 ? I ran the AR-1 on my C7 Z06 last year and liked them moderately... They are 75% worn after 4-5 AutoX and 2 days of Roadcourse at ORP... Grip was not super great on roadcourse TBH...

I'm thinking about getting the solo storm software. Has anyone used a obd scanner with solo storm? I guess I could connect it like the "scan my tesla" shows with adapter harness, but I'm not sure if there would be any useful data for the solo storm software?

Solostorm can't get anything from our cars right now.
I half started talking to the creator, and working on how to create a path to get data. We should be able to have some awesome stuff, including GPS, steering angle, acceleration, tire slip, etc. I just got busy and didn't follow through all the way yet, but sure hope to. It would likely require something like a CANserver, not just any old OBDII adapter.

Reactions: M3Pdude
Which one of you guys is this?
zhrcufmq49ea1.jpg

Solostorm can't get anything from our cars right now.
I half started talking to the creator, and working on how to create a path to get data. We should be able to have some awesome stuff, including GPS, steering angle, acceleration, tire slip, etc. I just got busy and didn't follow through all the way yet, but sure hope to. It would likely require something like a CANserver, not just any old OBDII adapter.

I havent looked into it but can racecapture pull info via can from tesla? Solo Storm works fine with race capture.

I havent looked into it but can racecapture pull info via can from tesla?
I can't find any info that it would. Racecapture supports OBD-II CAN, but none of the signals on the Tesla CAN bus follow any industry standards.

Plus, my goal is a more like $100 in HW or less that gets you everything into Solostorm.. GPS, individual wheel speed, steering angle, etc.

New topic if that's ok. Anybody taking generator in trunk to charge between runs. No charger near my track. My aim is to get about 10% in about an hour 15mins. My plan was a 240volt generator that can use mobile cable and charge at about 30amps. I know there can be grounding issues but Westinghouse has built in RCD Safety and inverter and seems might work. So any help, ideas insights out there?

New topic if that's ok. Anybody taking generator in trunk to charge between runs. No charger near my track. My aim is to get about 10% in about an hour 15mins. My plan was a 240volt generator that can use mobile cable and charge at about 30amps. I know there can be grounding issues but Westinghouse has built in RCD Safety and inverter and seems might work. So any help, ideas insights out there?
It takes at least 80kWh electrical power to add 100%. So 10% is about 8kWh, delivered in 75 minutes, is 6.4kW.
That's a 150lb generator that won't fit in the trunk of a Model 3, but it might in a Y.

Note that a generator with a 30A plug can only do 24A charging a Tesla. You have to derate the plug capacity by 20% for all constant loads like an electric car charger, and the Tesla UMC forces this on you. This is why a 50A outlet is only allowed to do 40A. So generators with 30A outlets will top out at 5,700w and you won't get 10% every 75 minutes.

Reactions: gtechie