Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automated car wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pressure from the appropriate distance is fine. The issue with coin-op car washes is the brushes. They may have all sorts of dirt and debris in them.

Hey Tony, Are you doing any type of ceramic coating? Fabian who's doing mine told me the high alkiline detergent / wax most touch free's use wears the ceramic coating faster and the wax can inhibit the oleophobic qualities of it. I know from my own experience the touch free I use strips a wax job pretty quickly. I think they may use stronger detergent in touch free's to increase effectivness.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hey Tony, Are you doing any type of ceramic coating? Fabian who's doing mine told me the high alkiline detergent / wax most touch free's use wears the ceramic coating faster and the wax can inhibit the oleophobic qualities of it. I know from my own experience the touch free I use strips a wax job pretty quickly. I think they may use stronger detergent in touch free's to increase effectivness.
Hey Sandy,

I haven't given it too much thought to be honest. I haven't looked into any quality detailers near to me. I was thinking I may try my hand at paint correcting and possibly even ceramic coating myself but just haven't had the time to start teaching myself using the various resources available online. Time is a commodity in short supply for me right now.

I've typically always used the Petro Superwash since I have the pass that allows me two washes per week (colleagues get the other five days). I was hoping to continue leveraging it. It's very useful in the winter time especially. I don't mind forgoing most of the washes in the summer time and try to do quick hand washes.

I bought a pressure washer over the weekend at Canadian Tire. Interestingly enough, there was a guy also looking at pressure washers, and then when I went to the parking lot, I saw a red model 3 parked a few spots from mine. I wonder if it was his.

Hey Sandy,

I haven't given it too much thought to be honest. I haven't looked into any quality detailers near to me. I was thinking I may try my hand at paint correcting and possibly even ceramic coating myself but just haven't had the time to start teaching myself using the various resources available online. Time is a commodity in short supply for me right now.

I've typically always used the Petro Superwash since I have the pass that allows me two washes per week (colleagues get the other five days). I was hoping to continue leveraging it. It's very useful in the winter time especially. I don't mind forgoing most of the washes in the summer time and try to do quick hand washes.

I totally agree about the winter. I use a touchfree often for the Escape. If I drive mine in the winter I'll probably use the coin wash instead of the touchfree and pass on the soap. Basically just trying to get the salt off with water anyways.cheers

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I bought a pressure washer over the weekend at Canadian Tire. Interestingly enough, there was a guy also looking at pressure washers, and then when I went to the parking lot, I saw a red model 3 parked a few spots from mine. I wonder if it was his.

I got the Sun Joe from Home Depot and got form cannon from amazon.ca and got soap from chemical guy canada near YYZ

Result is amazing

Extremely Dangerous Chemicals: Dangerous, aggressive chemicals are sprayed onto your paint to break-down dirt to make it easier to come off when rinsed-down with pressurized water. These chemicals will strip away your wax protection, damage your chrome trim, and stain your rubber seals.

I recommend hand wash yourself or take it somewhere.

Ops , for doing the car wash on the rail, we not only need put on the N but also need switch to Tow mode?

This is 1st time that I head about it . Nothing mentioned on the manual either.

Lots similar discussion here under model S session

You can put in N no problem, but car could shift into P if you lift yourself from the seat and car will stuck in the tunnel

I got the Sun Joe from Home Depot and got form cannon from amazon.ca and got soap from chemical guy canada near YYZ

Result is amazing

Similar .. went with a sunjoe, foam cannon, soap, sealer, drying cloth from amazon.ca .. can't wait to start a hand wash routine on the 3 and family cruiser.

I just placed my order for my supplies today from Amazon.
  • AmazonBasics Deluxe Microfiber Car Wash Mitt (2 Pack)
  • MATCC Snow Foam Cannon Adjustable Pressure Washer Foam Wash Gun 1L Bottle Car Wash Gun Snow Foam Lance with 1/4" Quick Connector
  • Sinland Ultra Thick Plush Microfiber Car Cleaning Towels Buffing Cloths Drying Towel 16Inch x 24Inch 2 Pack
  • Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM Electric Pressure Washer, 14.5-Amp
  • Chemical Guys - Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo (1 Gal)
Also bought 2x Simoniz buckets with grit guards from Canadian Tire yesterday as well as some glass detailing cloths.

• Informative
Reactions: Viv ki Bijli