Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had it work pretty reliably if I bother to pay attention and try it (pull very slowly beyond a proper spot, look for the P, shift to reverse, etc).

It's never faster than just parking it myself though so mainly I only do it with someone new in the car and they're always impressed by it.

It also sometimes prompts that I can auto-park it while I'm the middle of traffic, which is always hilarious to notice.

It also sometimes prompts that I can auto-park it while I'm the middle of traffic, which is always hilarious to notice.

Like the picture below! I did not press the "P". As I was in the middle lane, stopped at a light, I think it would have caused consternation.

God, I wish I could go back in time and un-buy my Tesla.

I would never do this though! Autopark is a source of comedy relief for me (it recommends parking in on grassy knolls, etc.), so it's a plus. I never expected anything from it anyway. Probably they'll have their summer interns working on it in a few months.

IMG_4293.jpg

Mine works just fine, keeps me from getting wheel rash!
I agree, I use parallel parking whenever I can. I find it works fine as long as you are close enough to the sides of the cars and go relatively slowly when searching for a spot. Car is definitely better than I am at it.

I've gotten perpendicular parking to work as well, but I don't find that one very useful and rarely use it. i.e. I can perpendicular park by myself just fine.

I have EAP and FSD and autopark has never worked for me. Pretty much par for the course with these cars. Tons of potential and really horrible actual implementation. God, I wish I could go back in time and un-buy my Tesla.

It won't have the correct implementation until Smart summons.

Wait a month or two for Smart Summons
Then wait about 3-6 months after that for improvements to made.

I expect that in late 20109 that we'll see autopark work well enough to be useful in most situations.

I especially look forwards to being able to get out of the car, and let it park itself while I watch over it.

Sure it's annoying we have to wait so long, but it beats having to develop a time machine. That might take a little more time, and resources. :p

• Funny
Reactions: Thp3 and ksb467
It won't have the correct implementation until Smart summons.

Wait a month or two for Smart Summons
Then wait about 3-6 months after that for improvements to made.

I expect that in late 20109 that we'll see autopark work well enough to be useful in most situations.

I especially look forwards to being able to get out of the car, and let it park itself while I watch over it.

Sure it's annoying we have to wait so long, but it beats having to develop a time machine. That might take a little more time, and resources. :p
autopark works for me, it just takes like 4 tries instead of one.

I have EAP and FSD and autopark has never worked for me. Pretty much par for the course with these cars. Tons of potential and really horrible actual implementation. God, I wish I could go back in time and un-buy my Tesla.
Un-buy. That's cute. Sell - that's the word you're looking for. And, you can, and without going back in time even.

Autopark works well for me. I use it for parallel parking all the time. In the parking garage i park in there are seldom places I want to park in that have cars on both sides, so I haven't used the "back into a parking spot" part much, but it works well when I do. Basically, if it never works for you, you're the problem, not the car.

Like the picture below! I did not press the "P". As I was in the middle lane, stopped at a light, I think it would have caused consternation.

I would never do this though! Autopark is a source of comedy relief for me (it recommends parking in on grassy knolls, etc.), so it's a plus. I never expected anything from it anyway. Probably they'll have their summer interns working on it in a few months.

View attachment 384110
I did try pushing P once in this situation at a traffic light. It had been offered so many times I wanted to see what it would do. It almost instantly aborted, never moving, so that’s good. Cars around me might have been confused if the reverse light went on.

• Funny
Reactions: Chancellor32
I’ve learned that without expectations there cannot be disappointment.
I don't think autopark working by 20109 is too high expectations.
I do find that I am not that disappointed in Tesla since I never expected that much from them in the first place :p
Except for vampire drain, I expect them to fix that!

I did try pushing P once in this situation at a traffic light. It had been offered so many times I wanted to see what it would do. It almost instantly aborted, never moving, so that’s good. Cars around me might have been confused if the reverse light went on.
Might want to read the manual for how autopark works. You don’t push the P

it works well when it has the right conditions (and i actually prefer not to park between 2 cars if i can help it). However, i like to use it when i want to finish my coffee. but i don't trust it when people or cars are going by...