Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 2.0 hardware rumored this year on EyeQ3, article link enclosed - 8 cameras!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way based on the images if that is a Tesla prototype I don't think it is anywhere near final product. More like initial testing, then they would have to figure out how to include all that hardware into the vehicle in a more coherent way that doesn't reduce functionality.

By the way based on the images if that is a Tesla prototype I don't think it is anywhere near final product. More like initial testing, then they would have to figure out how to include all that hardware into the vehicle in a more coherent way that doesn't reduce functionality.

Yeah, and with such an (ugly) odd position for what looks like LIDAR on the rear view mirror. That would mean an about face from Elon on trying to make the mirrors smaller and do Autopilot without LIDAR. Not impossible but odd.

Most of what's shown are rails to quickly add equipment. Also, the poster confirmed the plate was not a manufacturer plate. To me, it looks like it's a 3rd party doing some testing. And like you said, that's not going into production any time soon.