Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regret is a state of mind that is easily remedied. I had my car for the summer before AP hardware was added in Sept 2014. It was a great summer with my car, wife and kids (not necessarily in that order). The number of summers I have left in my life (and days) are winding down fast. I'm only 50 but still that leaves me with about maybe 25 good and healthy, being able to drive, summers left (knock wood). I hope it's 35 more. But the point is, even one day on this earth without my car is too long for me. While I have tinges of regret sometimes, I will never get that summer back with my car and it was a great one, and I wouldn't do anything differently.
Very similar for me, too - I got mine in March and we drove all over Northern California every chance we got. Tahoe, the Sonoma Coast, San Francisco, etc. It was the start of rediscovering the road trip. The only thing I'd say is different is that I have never had a single feeling of regret (tinge or otherwise) about getting my car without AP. I mean, it kept me out of those early AP threads - think of the years I saved on my life!

Now we have AP on the X and it'll surely always be the go-to for road trips, not just because of AP but also because of the passenger space. However, my plan for the S hasn't changed. I still plan to keep it until I take delivery of my 3. Having AP wouldn't have changed that at all.

Reactions: Canuck
The only thing I'd say is different is that I have never had a single feeling of regret (tinge or otherwise) about getting my car without AP. I mean, it kept me out of those early AP threads - think of the years I saved on my life!

You're a bigger than man me. I really don't have regrets, well,

♪ Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.♫

♫ I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.♫

If avoiding adversarial situations sends us to an early grave then I don't have much time left! I'm a lawyer and I thrive off of that stuff. My wife tells me to stop cross-examining her!

I couldn't avoid those early threads when people whined about missing out (at that point it was about AWD since AP wasn't activated until some time later). Here's my defence of missing out of AP and AWD back in Oct. 2014, shortly after I found out I was holding onto the short end of the stick:

Disappointed with the D unveiling

Déjà vu?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EVie'sDad
xkcd: Horses
upload_2016-8-17_15-21-26.png