Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and Cruise Control Disabled by G-Forces???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
I have noticed that in both our S and X, EAP and TACC are disabled if I drive through sharp dips in the highway at a high rate of speed. These aren't ditches or anything, but areas here in the desert where the roads follow the terrain down and through normally-dry washes. To be fair, if I drive the speed limit (65 mph) I have no issues and the speed control systems stay active, however, there are a couple of washes that will suddenly disable EAP and TACC if I drive through them at 70 mph.

I'm just curious if others have run across this "feature" and if anyone has any better ideas as to what sensor triggers the disarming of EAP and TACC. My best guess is too much vertical G force, e.g. rising up out of a dip too quickly.

Example Location:

You can see where oil? drips from cars on the upside of this dip. This is the same location EAP/TACC are disabled if driving a bit over 65 mph.

dip.png

Photo courtesy of Google.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I have the exact same problem. The car suddenly slows as I approach the bottom of a dip in the highway or higher speed secondary road. Most pronounced at 65 mph and higher. Usually slows 10-15 mph before speeding back up on the upslope. I wonder if it’s a camera misalignment issue. Started back in May, and hasn’t improved with several recent updates.