Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and excessive brake wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't get any prize for being first in traffic. It's okay to let the idiots pass you, it won't slow you down any.
Your right of course. It’s typically just a few minutes saved by speeding and not much more.
But the FLOW of traffic in rush hour in most major cities is fast. Faster than speed limit for sure. The problem comes in when there are a couple very slow cars disturbing this flow. So maybe I have speed on AP set to 80(in a 75 zone) and someone is doing 60 in the left lane (happens everyday) so car on setting 1 leaves a considerable gap between us and happily follows. But that’s a really large gap due to the high speed. So everyone behind me is annoyed and sees me as the problem and races around me and squeeze in.
And this keeps happening until the goofball in front figures it out and finally moves over to slower lane.
I just read this to myself. I’m making my case worse aren’t I?
Sigh.....

• Funny
Reactions: gavine
Your right of course. It’s typically just a few minutes saved by speeding and not much more.
But the FLOW of traffic in rush hour in most major cities is fast. Faster than speed limit for sure. The problem comes in when there are a couple very slow cars disturbing this flow. So maybe I have speed on AP set to 80(in a 75 zone) and someone is doing 60 in the left lane (happens everyday) so car on setting 1 leaves a considerable gap between us and happily follows. But that’s a really large gap due to the high speed. So everyone behind me is annoyed and sees me as the problem and races around me and squeeze in.
And this keeps happening until the goofball in front figures it out and finally moves over to slower lane.
I just read this to myself. I’m making my case worse aren’t I?
Sigh.....
LOL. Not on 635 or 75. They're almost always much slower than the speed limit. And slower cars should be in the right two lanes (assuming four or more lanes).

Living in Dallas rush hour traffic commute I find the car is too slow to keep up with the car ahead even on 1.
I know this makes me sound like a terrible driver, but I’m really not it’s just the car isn’t as aggressive as I need it to be in the traffic

How do you spot the Tesla in Dallas rush hour traffic?

Easy... its the only one using turn signals when changing lanes... :)

I think it is going to be a while before AP can go head-to-head with regular rush-hour drivers.

... of course once all cars are on AP the problem goes away...

Reactions: quickstrike12