Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday! (15-10-15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice find on the video.
I found a few things interesting:

1. In the IC's center display, there is a graph that reflects when the side ultrasonic sensors are picking up something (the left rail was making it come on a lot)

2. While changing lanes, the line in the direction of the lane change went from solid to dotted, and the car made its way across it in sync with the car's actual movement - nice touch on the UI

3. There's a seemingly new icon in the apps tray that looks like a home - could it be they moved the homelink (garage opener) to an actual app? EDIT: never mind, its probably just the energy app icon.

Last edited:
The reason no nag appears is because he was never in the far right hand lane where he would encounter an exit lane or a lane widening on ramp. The lane lines were constant and the same width apart.

Are you just guessing here, or is this based on actual experience with v7 in Tesla? Is this an assumption based on your experience with cars that have Lane Keeping?

Where have you read that? That would be pretty useless, it would mean that you have to stop after every parking spot, and switch to R just to see if the spot is suitable for auto parallel parking. I don't think so. And the guy here who could already try it out clearly says the P appears on the dash as soon as you drive past a suitable spot lower than 15mph. Then, if you want to park in this spot, you stop and switch to R which activates the camera and auto parking guide on the touch screen with a button to start the auto parking process.
That's the way in works in the MB. It sees the spot and then you activate the auto-park by shifting into R. But it took a long time. Any reasonably good driver could have parked it much quicker. I never used it in my MB for that reason.