Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday! (15-10-15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't this something the beta tester should know so that he or she can, you know...beta test?

Sorry, I will clarify. We tried to test the parallel parking feature based on the instructions found on the release notes and couldn't get it working. We drove slowly past parked cars and didn't see the Parking logo show up to indicate a parking spot. We tried using the signal light to indicate we were trying to park but that didn't work.

My question is to anyone else who has tried v7 beta - were you able to get the parallel parking function working?

Funny note: on the release notes it said something along the lines of "Parallel parking function now finds a spot faster." (Faster than what??) :)

Sorry, I will clarify. We tried to test the parallel parking feature based on the instructions found on the release notes and couldn't get it working. We drove slowly past parked cars and didn't see the Parking logo show up to indicate a parking spot. We tried using the signal light to indicate we were trying to park but that didn't work.

My question is to anyone else who has tried v7 beta - were you able to get the parallel parking function working?

Funny note: on the release notes it said something along the lines of "Parallel parking function now finds a spot faster." (Faster than what??) :)

As a test driver I suppose you could and should ask this at Tesla Support?
As I understood from another test driver this functioned very well.

One reporting who drove a beta car said that it only works when there are cars both in front and behind where the Model S would be parked. Were there cars on both sides? Also, I agree with others that asking Tesla would be best, though you'll probably get an answer on Friday.

Odd. But from what I've read so far with the auto-parallel parking feature is that with Tesla, you have to have a spot that has car in front/back, Tesla has to be able to fit, and you'll see on the center screen the self parking option after you put the car in reverse - not until then. It doesn't seem to display any ability to self park until you choose reverse it seems. We'll know on Thursday/Friday+.

I now have an wifi access point setup at work just to better my odds of the V7 rollout. They say that WiFi tethered cars get firmware first but in all honestly I doubt it, never the less couldn't hurt.

Secondly, as much as it pains me, this is now the second time Elon has delivered when he said he would. First the MX did ship in Q3 (yes only 6 cars but still it did), and Oct 15 is two months to the day after the EAP customers started their one to two month Beta test.

Odd. But from what I've read so far .... you'll see on the center screen the self parking option after you put the car in reverse - not until then. It doesn't seem to display any ability to self park until you choose reverse it seems.

Where have you read that? That would be pretty useless, it would mean that you have to stop after every parking spot, and switch to R just to see if the spot is suitable for auto parallel parking. I don't think so. And the guy here who could already try it out clearly says the P appears on the dash as soon as you drive past a suitable spot lower than 15mph. Then, if you want to park in this spot, you stop and switch to R which activates the camera and auto parking guide on the touch screen with a button to start the auto parking process.