Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday! (15-10-15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you referring to the youtube video of the conference call? I assumed that was just a graphic that elecrik.co put up behind the audio track. Is there any actual video of the press conference?

No.

I copied the first image from the blog post referenced in this thread:

Did anyone post this recent Tesla Blog entry about the autopilot?

Your Autopilot has arrived | Tesla Motors

Edit: Here's a screen capture:

New old v7 from blog post.jpg

I think Hank was asking where you saw this: "the UI shown during Musk's presentation today".

Yes, thanks. I edited my post.

Sorry. "Shown during Musk's presentation" may not have been exactly the correct way to express that. I was trying to post quickly.

The image was on the media kit / webpage that prompted all the conversation about how we were happy to have the time and temperature back, the different power meter, etc.

It had been at this URL: Model S Autopilot Press Kit | Tesla Motors, that was then moved, but Google had cached it, and some of us posted screen captures as well.

I just assumed it was the other UI you were asking about, Hank, since we had been discussing the new one quite extensively.

Sorry. The media kit / webpage that prompted all the conversation about how we were happy to have the time and temperature back, the different power meter, etc.

I just assumed it was the other UI you were asking about, Hank, since we had been discussing the new one quite extensively.
My recollection is...
1. publish press kit
2. pull press kit
3. change first image in the press kit
4. publish press kit
5. change first image in the press kit
6. add first image of press kit to blog post

In short, there were (at least) 3 versions of the first image in the press kit and the blog post includes the 3rd version.

My recollection is...
1. publish press kit
2. pull press kit
3. change first image in the press kit
4. publish press kit
5. change first image in the press kit
6. add first image of press kit to blog post

In short, there were (at least) 3 versions of the first image in the press kit and the blog post includes the 3rd version.

I took a break from TMC for a few hours, so must have missed the part about the press kit coming back with different versions of the first image. I got caught up in this thread before posting, but I'm guessing, then, that this must be being discussed elsewhere, and that the consensus is as I postulated--what we're seeing now is likely to be what we see in the next few days, and the pulled image may be 7.1?

Well, if that was truly accidental, it may have been a fortuitous accident. Those of us that prefer 7.1 over 7.0 will be a lot happier (and less noisy) after receiving 7.0, now that we've had a preview of what's to come in 7.1.
Perhaps, but I see it differently. Elaborating...

If it wasn't intentional, it doesn't reflect well on Tesla. Further, updating it twice is even worse.
If it was intentional, it's the wrong way to go about offfering the info. If you want do that, show it as an early preview of "types of tweaks we're considering incorporating into 7.1" in a formal way. Nothing about any of the images shown is "zomg IP that they should protect" IMO so no need for, um, "cleverness".

Perhaps, but I see it differently. Elaborating...

If it wasn't intentional, it doesn't reflect well on Tesla. Further, updating it twice is even worse.

True.

On the other hand, we know communicating isn't Tesla's strong suit. This wouldn't be their worst communications mistake. Heck--it wouldn't make a list of their top twenty!

If it was intentional, it's the wrong way to go about offfering the info. If you want do that, show it as an early preview of "types of tweaks we're considering incorporating into 7.1" in a formal way. Nothing about any of the images shown is "zomg IP that they should protect" IMO so no need for, um, "cleverness".

I can certainly agree with this.

after listening to the call, it turns out not only can you not opt out by the center screen it is also collecting route data from non AP sensor cars.

I recall when getting my first Model S signing a form before delivery that allowed me to opt-in or opt-out to data collection. I don't recall for the second time around if they still do that. No doubt, if anyone has a concern with this they can call support to opt-out.

I recall when getting my first Model S signing a form before delivery that allowed me to opt-in or opt-out to data collection. I don't recall for the second time around if they still do that. No doubt, if anyone has a concern with this they can call support to opt-out.
As a side question, what about your route data (the macro you, not you personally, EarlyAdopter) does anyone really need to opt-out of? The truth is that there are numerous ways that any legitimate or illegitimate entity can use to track you, extremely precisely and utterly without your knowledge. How does assisting the fleet with traffic decisions invade ones privacy?

As a side question, what about your route data (the macro you, not you personally, EarlyAdopter) does anyone really need to opt-out of? The truth is that there are numerous ways that any legitimate or illegitimate entity can use to track you, extremely precisely and utterly without your knowledge. How does assisting the fleet with traffic decisions invade ones privacy?

I'm imagining a scenario where I'm the only Model S in my area, and I take the same route home a bunch of times... and one day I wake up to find like 10 Model S decided to follow that route. :p