Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and windshield wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car actually gave me a message this morning - something to the effect of ‘camera view obstructed, activating wipers.’ The thing to remember is you can’t see the windshield in front of the camera so it may well be dirty when your view is fine. It’s not unlike when you’re a passenger and there’s a big streak in front of you but the not the driver and you feel like the windshield is horribly dirty but the person driving is perfectly content.

My car actually gave me a message this morning - something to the effect of ‘camera view obstructed, activating wipers.’ The thing to remember is you can’t see the windshield in front of the camera so it may well be dirty when your view is fine. It’s not unlike when you’re a passenger and there’s a big streak in front of you but the not the driver and you feel like the windshield is horribly dirty but the person driving is perfectly content.
This has happen to me. The next time I see this I'm going to hit the record button and see if there really was a difference in what the camera sees. The first time this happen was not long after leaving a supercharger where I cleaned the windshield. I'm starting to think it's for effect.