Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Camera Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@donaldavis My Model 3 has the same issue started in last few months, it happens randomly but getting more often recently, Mobile service replaced 1 side camera but the same issue continues 2 days later, the same message comes every day and even starts after 1 hour of driving yesterday, I checked there is no video driving recording in the usb, only has the video recording from sentry mode, waiting for another appointment in 2 weeks.

What’s the status of yours?

@donaldavis My Model 3 has the same issue started in last few months, it happens randomly but getting more often recently, Mobile service replaced 1 side camera but the same issue continues 2 days later, the same message comes every day and even starts after 1 hour of driving yesterday, I checked there is no video driving recording in the usb, only has the video recording from sentry mode, waiting for another appointment in 2 weeks.

What’s the status of yours?

All cameras are now included in FSD. Including the inside camera.

The quickest way to figure out which camera it is is to call Tesla Support during their working hours. The next quickest way to determine which camera is the offender is to go into service mode (error log) before your next drive and see which camera has the issue.

Even the rear camera is part of FSD. Many people are starting to have problems with the rear camera...or better yet..the wiring harness of the rear camera. The camera wire inside the wiring harness that appears on the passenger's side of the trunk when you open it is often times the culprit. Tesla will replace that cable on a recall or install a rubber piece that keeps the harness from bending into a 180-degree angle when the trunk is closed. 

1695346649357.png

Another common culprit is the alignment of the interior camera. The alignment of this camera is not something I would recommend anyone doing on their own. Remember also that the interior camera wasn't a part of FSD until a recent update. So - software updates didn't break FSD...it might have uncovered a broken interior camera that was always broken.
Check out this guy's interior camera - that has probably always been like this.
or this one. Model 3 Cabin Camera View Question <-----better question is what is that thing in the back seat.

Sorry....I'm babbling now. I'll stop.

Last edited: