Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red light behind another car - correct ? ( hopes up)

Behind another car.

Another general note on my experience today:

After another hour (half TACC and half autosteer), I notice the car finds the lanes on the display very well but struggles on tight turns. Autosteer enabled following another car onto a freeway exchange it was zig zagging very abruptly until I took over. Stop and go and straight road works fantastically in all situations so far even in heavy rain.

Car calibrated earlier today and I had a nice drive with TACC. Just backed the car out and "Driver assistance features unavailable message" was displayed. Got back out and back in again and drove around the neighborhood, and TACC and driver assitance features worked. THEN, got back in to pull car back into the garage and now "Driver assistance features unvailable message" is back. :(

• Helpful
Reactions: HumanGenome
So for those of you that are past calibration, what was the first indicator? Lane markings and the car in front of you appearing on the IC?

I've got both a hw1 and hw2 car. I'm finding myself in an odd place of having to remind myself which car I'm in as they behave differently but the UIs are the same.

• Funny
Reactions: DJ 240V
So for those of you that are past calibration, what was the first indicator? Lane markings and the car in front of you appearing on the IC?

I've got both a hw1 and hw2 car. I'm finding myself in an odd place of having to remind myself which car I'm in as they behave differently but the UIs are the same.

Yep! For me, the lane markings appeared in black and the graphic of the car in front of me showed up on the IC. I also got the cirlced speed indicator showing that CC was once again available too.

Yep! For me, the lane markings appeared in black and the graphic of the car in front of me showed up on the IC. I also got the cirlced speed indicator showing that CC was once again available too.
Same here.. finished a 100 mile drive in hopes of calibrating AP, bugger started to work only in the Costco parking lot towards end leg of the journey. Perhaps stopping at Costco did the trick

I'm in NY, hw2 with delivery on 12/23. Still no notification of an update, but I live in Brooklyn and street park , charging not daily but every few days as needed during my commutes / supercharging. As I'm not connected to wifi regularly, is there a way to push the update through ? Little bummed as I've been waiting so eagerly for this update.
Can anyone shed some light?

As I'm not connected to wifi regularly, is there a way to push the update through ? Little bummed as I've been waiting so eagerly for this update.

Only the service centers can push the update to the car otherwise you get it when you get it. And from what WK057 has said it looks like Tesla tries to deliver updates via WiFi for a couple weeks before resorting to using the costlier cellular data.

Car calibrated earlier today and I had a nice drive with TACC. Just backed the car out and "Driver assistance features unavailable message" was displayed. Got back out and back in again and drove around the neighborhood, and TACC and driver assitance features worked. THEN, got back in to pull car back into the garage and now "Driver assistance features unvailable message" is back. :(

I had the exact same experience on my last drive. Nice drive with TACC and AutosSteer working. Stopped at a convenience store and when I got back in the car, got the "Driver assistance features unavailable" message. Interestingly though, I was still able to use TACC minutes later without getting in and out of the car. Couldn't try Autosteer on the roads I was on, but I'm pretty sure it would have worked too.

Behind another car.

Another general note on my experience today:

After another hour (half TACC and half autosteer), I notice the car finds the lanes on the display very well but struggles on tight turns. Autosteer enabled following another car onto a freeway exchange it was zig zagging very abruptly until I took over. Stop and go and straight road works fantastically in all situations so far even in heavy rain.

Ahhh, the good ole ping pong effect.

• Funny
Reactions: HumanGenome
Used TACC around town for a bit and it worked fine. (I'm used to my wife's Subaru system which is btw an excellent system) Obviously couldn't use auto steer. I live in downtown Chicago and neighborhood streets generally have poor lane markings, but even so, the lane indicators were jumping all over! Even at a complete stop. Need a little low-pass filter action on that signal.

I guess what came to mind was the fact that on YouTube the demo FSD car is driving past cones and merging into traffic and whatever fantastic things, but on my asphalt road the lanes lines have my car dancing all around when at a complete stop.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
I installed 17.2.3 updates on HW 2 this morning but did not get any features of auto pilot and even lost regular cruise control and is in calibration mode but I drove around 70 miles this evening but still says auto steer not available caliberating cameras and manual driving needed.

A tip for all those who gets the message " self driving features not available , contact tesla ..." use a spray and clean out your cameras. ( I just used water and cleaned them lightly ) . Mostly the windshield of it was raining or had a bird dropping. This fixed it for me every time I got this message and it persisted . Usuallly it goes away.
I also gently cleaned the rear facing cameras, in a paranoid manner. I also put on a dab of Aquapel coating on all the rear cameras and Aquapel on the front and side camera windows. This seemed to give better performance to the AP HW2 system than I was expecting in the rain, and I have a suspicion that my cleaning and coating of them helped. I also find it easier to clean the rear view camera with this coating on it.