Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot lane keeping still not available over 6 months after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a couple different smaller closed groups, reported in one. Sorry.
In any case, you've got some confirmation -- which is what you said you wanted. So ... now not enough?

I'll believe a confirmation when I see one!
Also if they indeed have rolled it out, the tweet happy CEO can simply tweet "Autopilot was rolled out to EAP for testing on Aug 15".

I'll believe a confirmation when I see one!
Also if they indeed have rolled it out, the tweet happy CEO can simply tweet "Autopilot was rolled out to EAP for testing on Aug 15".

Dude seriously....You're not willing to take the word of EAP participants passed on by a long trusted and valued fellow member of TMC? :rolleyes:

it might be good for folks to also remember that the firmware may go through multiple rounds of testing and refinement. That its out for beta testing just means the finalization process is underway, it might go for general release in 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months.

Nope! I'll believe it when I see it. Someone said something about some closed facebook group that no one can see, .. versus an official word from Tesla, I'd take the official word anyday.

Plus if they did roll it out, what is the harm in admitting to what they did? Not like they did a bad thing by rolling it out. :biggrin:

I'm betting they blew this deadline too. When they actually roll it out, you will hear Tesla bragging about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a nonsense article, here is why!
Autopilot lane keeping still not available over 6 months after delivery - Page 168

Beta testing noted in Car and Driver today!

More proof that people read headlines, and not the actual text.
Abraham-lincoln-internet-quote1.png

This article is probably simply based on Elon's August 15th comment, not any new information.

I suspect there is a group here who will not believe it unless they are personally part of the EAP program. Earlier there was talk of just hoping someone would leak. Now I'm seeing demands that Elon tweet about it. I hope someday you're happy again. :) But I don't think the beta release is going to be the thing that does it.

I suspect there is a group here who will not believe it unless they are personally part of the EAP program. Earlier there was talk of just hoping someone would leak. Now I'm seeing demands that Elon tweet about it. I hope someday you're happy again. :) But I don't think the beta release is going to be the thing that does it.

Well, I personally don't expect any leaks. EAP folks have historically been pretty tight lipped, likely due to NDAs. I wouldn't ask any EAP folks to do anything they weren't comfortable doing, publicly or privately.

While it would be nice to see something that shows EAP folks actually got this update as Elon said they would, I don't expect we'll see any confirmation one way or the other.

That said, if bonnie says that the EAP of autopilt has begun, then it probably has.

Bonnie, sorry but you are completely misconstruing the intent. A simple official confirmation from Tesla is all that is needed. And a tweet from Elon isn't formal, or takes a lot of effort. But it would certainly show good intent and progress. I'd be happy with any official communication from Tesla on any medium.

Would we like to be part of the EAP? Well no, I'd personally rather see the finished product!

And please .. condescending comments like "I hope someday you are happy again, but I don't think beta release is going to make you happy either" are completely unwarranted.

And please .. condescending comments like "I hope someday you are happy again, but I don't think beta release is going to make you happy either" are completely unwarranted.

A good example of misinterpreting, again. It wasn't meant to be condescending. I do hope you guys are happy with Tesla again. I don't think the beta release is going to be it. You're filtering what you read through a distorted lens.

The first paragraph is just random BS about how cool autopilot is, and quoting another non-news, linkbait article by IEEE spectrum.
This is the link to IEEE Spectrum. Quoting part of the article dated August 14:

Tomorrow, Tesla is to begin uploading the latest version of its Autopilot software to a select group of of its Model S electric cars. The owners of these vehicles will act as beta testers, putting their cars through wringers never imagined by the company’s pros. If all goes well, a wider roll out will come later in the year.
IEEE Spectrum would love to talk to anyone who can provide solid evidence of being a beta tester of the latest Autopilot.

The article did not say that beta test has begun. Not sure if FB is simply quoting the IEEE Spectrum or FB has first hand knowledge of someone actually doing beta testing.

Car and Driver was referencing IEEE Spectrum article. So it is actually 2nd hand info.

From the above, I don't feel it is unreasonable for AC123 wanting to hear from the horse's mouth (so to speak) that beta test has begun.

Last edited: