Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot nag "Apply light force to steering wheel"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I fully understand the reasoning and how to provide resistance, or rotational torque. There are some stretches of highway I'm on a lot that are straight as an arrow. Man it gets annoying then...

The car is dead in the center of the lane, traveling a completely straight road, yet I have to jiggle or slightly turn the wheel every so often, which is counter-intuitive to the direction you going.

Jiggle if you like, but the best approach is to rest your left hand on the wheel in such a way as to impart a little downward torque. Once you get the hang of that, it becomes second nature.

Reactions: Alketi
I am confident that, as Tesla gains more real-world experience and collects more driving data, they may relax or even eliminate this restriction. I know how annoying the nag is, but Tesla must believe that, for now, it saves lives, and they may be right.

I am confident that, as Tesla gains more real-world experience and collects more driving data, they may relax or even eliminate this restriction. I know how annoying the nag is, but Tesla must believe that, for now, it saves lives, and they may be right.

I have no confidence that nag-free will happen anytime soon for years.

To be nag-free Tesla needs to obtain some basic competencies:

1) Collision avoidance: Autopilot crashes and fatalities still happen. This basic competency needs to be proven first.

2) Pothole avoidance: I doubt this technology will be adopted any time soon in Tesla.

I find it easy to just move my thumb slightly on the steering wheel buttons to get rid of the nag.

As you can adjust the volume up or down a notch, or the speed up or down once click .

Or you can push the thumb wheels to the side (rather than making them click up or down) , as in changing your following distance.
Even if your following distance remains at "1" the nag will go away.

...buttons to get rid of the nag...

My goal is not to get rid of the nag because I can do that by not eating my orange and just plug it on the steering wheel.

Capture.png

My goal is to prevent accidents so I want to get the tactile feedback from the Autosteer to make sure it is doing its job correctly and since my hand has been there already, I could correct its steering with very little effort and lag time.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia