Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot not available/ auto headlights won’t turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update for me. After three trips for this, the center replaced my computer as well. Unfortunately they didn't properly test the car before I picked it up as the car had no sounds (stereo, turn signal clicker, AP chimes, etc). The screen also was rebooting every 3 seconds in a perpetual loop until I did multiple reboots. So back to the center and I'm without my car again.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Oh fun, i just found this thread with a 2 day old P3D and i have the EXACT same problems (headlights on during daytime, no lane lines/"Cruise not available" error intermittently).

I was on the phone with service earlier and they offered to either refer me to an engineering team in "3-5 business days" or have a mobile tech come out and troubleshoot/maybe "calibrate" cameras (didn't seem like that was the problem). They didn't sound very confident with either path and after reading this thread i'm getting pretty concerned.

What VIN's do you guys have? I'm 83XXX.

I did the free trial but I found it not too useful so I let it expire 2 weeks ago. So, no, I don't have any logging app on the car.

I just went to the site and deleted my token as well. Just in case TeslaFi is causing the issue.

Subscription Status: cancelled

Account Deletion Date: 09/15/2019
Cancelled accounts and data are saved for 1 year past the subscription cancellation date or trial end date. An option to download your TeslaFi data can be found here. If you would like to delete your account and data before this date please email [email protected].

Logging Enabled:
No active subscription found. Logging cannot be enabled.

I have been having the issue since I got the car in August. After taking all the logs and personally showing the intermittent issue to the SC,they kept my carfir a week and ended up replacing the main computer. I also had the steering wheel pull issueswhich they fixed by replacing lot of parts. They are doing calibration drive for miles before I get my car back. They got my permission today to drive my car for calibration. Will postagain if this fixes the issue.

I have been having the issue since I got the car in August. After taking all the logs and personally showing the intermittent issue to the SC,they kept my carfir a week and ended up replacing the main computer. I also had the steering wheel pull issueswhich they fixed by replacing lot of parts. They are doing calibration drive for miles before I get my car back. They got my permission today to drive my car for calibration. Will postagain if this fixes the issue.
That’s great to hear. With some concerns coming into Tesla service centers now. I think they should have some experience now with this issue. This could even lead to a TSB if there’s enough cases

Also, I made the return half of my Vegas trip. That’s 1200 miles ive put on the car with autopilot working fine the entire way. I think it’s safe to say my concern has been resolved

Reactions: SJC3 and lalithvaka
That’s great to hear. With some concerns coming into Tesla service centers now. I think they should have some experience now with this issue. This could even lead to a TSB if there’s enough cases
A what now?
Technical Service Bulletin.

Basically I message published by the manufacturer providing direct repair directions for a certain concern without any diagnostics.

Usually after the manufacturer determines that there is a fault in a component from the factory from a certain time frame.

I’d be curious if you guys all had build dates of 8/18 in your vehicles that were having problems

Reactions: cwerdna
Hi, All, I received my new Tesla Model 3 on 9/30. After 100 miles with no autopilot, I called. They indicated that calibration looks good--it's another example of the 'missing EAP firmware'...should be resolved in 3-5 days.

Hi, All, I received my new Tesla Model 3 on 9/30. After 100 miles with no autopilot, I called. They indicated that calibration looks good--it's another example of the 'missing EAP firmware'...should be resolved in 3-5 days.
Should be an unrelated issue and easy fix over the air. The tech will call you and walk you through the process while on the phone. Push on service to make this happen asap...3-5 days is not acceptable IMO for something we paid for and the faculty screwed up.

Probably unrelated but I bought EAP a week ago over the air, am on 32.6 and got an update Thursday, it has failed twice and service center has opened a ticket, will need to push a custom patch for me.
In the meantime no EAP, and headlights stay on during day time. So my partial update is giving me the same symptoms you guys have.

Technical Service Bulletin.

Basically I message published by the manufacturer providing direct repair directions for a certain concern without any diagnostics.

Usually after the manufacturer determines that there is a fault in a component from the factory from a certain time frame.
All automakers Technical Service Bulletins from time to time.

Many of the Nissan ones that I've read for Leaf (I have a '13) do involve some level of diagnostics (e.g. confirm this or that DTCs is present or the AC doesn't work). A few just involve checking whether or not the vehicle is eligible (e.g. by VIN or firmware revision of a certain subsystem).

@kbecks13: Google for the the make, model and year of one of your previous cars including TSB (e.g. 2015 Foo_maker bar_model TSB). I guarantee you that some will turn up.

Some examples for one of my cars at 2013 Nissan Leaf Service Bulletins - Nissanhelp.com and 2013 Nissan Leaf Service Recalls/Campaigns - Nissanhelp.com. You'll need to register for a free account to download up to 2 PDFs/day in order actually see their content. Some TSBs are just FYIs.

Another "Cruise Not Available", another reply from support:

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Motors. I apologize for the delayed response. When you explained what is going on with your vehicle, I can't help but think we can fix this issue with a hard reboot of the system. Follow these steps.
1st press down on the brake and both of the scroll wheels that are on the steering wheel all at the same time. You are going to hold these down for 30-60 seconds. When you see the Tesla T pop up on the touchscreen let go. Give it a few minutes to reload. This should get rid of any issues you may be having. If for some reason it does not and the issues persist, please call us to schedule an appointment for service.

Of course I've already tried that. Who doesn't know the reboot sequence nowadays with this "Cruise Not Available" floating around in all Tesla forums. :)

• Funny
Reactions: SJC3 and kbecks13