Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WSBKing420

Yazzi Da Grate
Apr 19, 2021
NYC
Today my car started behaving very strangely on Autopilot. I have the 2021 vision only M3P. I've had issues with my autopilot in the past where in stop and go traffic it was accelerate rapidly towards the car infront of md and then brake harshly. But it got better with a update that came out not long ago. Today however my car stopped braking for the cars infront of me... When I'm in autopilot it seems to work ok up until there is a light or something and the cars infront of me stop my car doesn't come to a complete stop, it will start to hesitantly brake while still creeping up to the car infront of us until I have to manually brake to prevent it from hitting the car infront. Since that happened I kept testing it and it keeps happening all the time. Every time there is a stopped car infront of me it keeps moving towards it untill I have to brake to stop it from hitting the car. Anybody else experienced this?
Btw, I had the distance at 6.

Reactions: beachmiles
Today my car started behaving very strangely on Autopilot. I have the 2021 vision only M3P. I've had issues with my autopilot in the past where in stop and go traffic it was accelerate rapidly towards the car infront of md and then brake harshly. But it got better with a update that came out not long ago. Today however my car stopped braking for the cars infront of me... When I'm in autopilot it seems to work ok up until there is a light or something and the cars infront of me stop my car doesn't come to a complete stop, it will start to hesitantly brake while still creeping up to the car infront of us until I have to manually brake to prevent it from hitting the car infront. Since that happened I kept testing it and it keeps happening all the time. Every time there is a stopped car infront of me it keeps moving towards it untill I have to brake to stop it from hitting the car. Anybody else experienced this?
Btw, I had the distance at 6.
yeah i would start with the camera recalibration for sure, from your description it sounds like it thinks the cars in front of you are creeping forward, could be an outright defective camera too.

yeah i would start with the camera recalibration for sure, from your description it sounds like it thinks the cars in front of you are creeping forward, could be an outright defective camera too.
Yea I suppose it could be a faulty camera. I have a mobile service appointment on Tuesday, and now I'm worried about fixing the problem myself somehow and the service team not getting a chance to identify and inspect the cameras lol. Tbh the service teams aren't the best with Tesla. It seems like they always do everything they can to avoid identifying the actual problem lol.

Yea I suppose it could be a faulty camera. I have a mobile service appointment on Tuesday, and now I'm worried about fixing the problem myself somehow and the service team not getting a chance to identify and inspect the cameras lol. Tbh the service teams aren't the best with Tesla. It seems like they always do everything they can to avoid identifying the actual problem lol.
haha yeah like any service industry it entirely depends on the person you get, some techs are super savvy and will identify and fix your issue in seconds, others can't be bothered to do more than what was assigned to them. also, it might be useful to record the instances as they occur, if i remember correctly you can say "bug" to the voice prompt and it will record the state of the system in an event log. its only stored locally but a tech can review them at a service appointment. not entirely sure that would be of any help but more data is always better lol.

Reactions: WSBKing420
haha yeah like any service industry it entirely depends on the person you get, some techs are super savvy and will identify and fix your issue in seconds, others can't be bothered to do more than what was assigned to them. also, it might be useful to record the instances as they occur, if i remember correctly you can say "bug" to the voice prompt and it will record the state of the system in an event log. its only stored locally but a tech can review them at a service appointment. not entirely sure that would be of any help but more data is always better lol.
Yea I been doing that. Probably got dozens of them at this point lol. I hope they'll be able to review them.