Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot not functional

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my way to work this morning I noticed that I was getting no inputs from any of the autopilot cameras and once on the freeway, a double pull on the stalk met me with an autopilot error. I reset the screen twice and once I stopped at work did a hard shutdown. No change. No visible damage to cameras.
Anybody have ideas as to what the problem could be here?
IMG_3112.jpg

I am having issues with Autopilot, cruise, situational awareness, and even things like the rain sensing wipers. I called Tesla. They told me it's a known software issue and they will be pushing out an update. But they couldn't give me an estimate for timing.

This started to occur last night....

Seems some bug is shutting down -
Nav on Auto
EAP
TACC
Auto High Beam
Auto Wipers
Softer Regen
Display of traffic surrounding...

Tesla is aware.... as this has effected allot of people based on the number of posts over at Reddit....

I think this happens when the part of the computer responsible for computer vision (Nvidia GPUs?) doesn't boot correctly. Note that this affects all functions that depend on the camera image processing (auto headlights, auto wipers, lane recognition, object detection). I haven't had this happen since updating to 42.4, but it did happen a few times before. Rebooting the "tablet" didn't help, but it always fixed itself by parking the car for 15 minutes or so (which gives it enough time to go into sleep mode, which I guess powers down the offending component and forces a reboot when you get back into the car).

BTW, here's an older thread where people reported similar symptoms:

Autopilot not available/ auto headlights won’t turn off