Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Trial or glitch "purchase"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery just before a pandemic - perfect timing to add a car payment, right? I picked up last monday (3/16) and haven't driven my SR M3 since. I've been adding accessories (wheel cap kit, floor mats, etc.) but yesterday I noticed on my app that under Upgrades, autopilot has moved from being available to purchase to the "Purchased" tab? I hopped in my car, *tap, tap, tap, and sure enough autopilot can now be enabled.

Is this an unannounced trial? Starting a week or so after I took delivery? Or is this a mistake? I've read about phantom upgrades happening. I have not been charged (and removed my card from my account, just in case). Autopilot also appears on my Tesla account page and there's no indication that it's an expiring trial.

Anyone have a similar experience? Screenshot_20200325-080641_Chrome.jpg
20200325_081934.jpg

Standard

And is autosteer truly included? If so, what else would be worth paying for enhanced AP?!

You can not buy "enhanced autopilot" any longer, and have not been able to do so since April of 2019. You either have standard autopilot or full self driving. If you bought a SR (not SR+ model) and now autopilot is available, you either have a trial or they have mistakenly enabled it. If you didnt accept a trial, its likely it was turned on (or that they enabled your car as an SR+ by mistake).

They will eventually figure it out, however, and when they do PLEASE for the love of @R@$% dont come back here complaining that "I had this feature for XXX months and now tesla took it away!". Many people bought SR cars when that car was first launched, and received SR+ cars on delivery, then when tesla "corrected the features" to what the people actually bought, some of them lost their !##@$!@$ mind.... even though they never bought those features in the first place.

So, dont be that person. enjoy the features you didnt pay for, for as long as you have them but dont complain when they finally realize it and remove them. it could be soon, it could be a while, but they will eventually figure out that vin doesnt have autopilot or isnt a SR+ and remove the features.

• Love
Reactions: WilliamG and Runt8
sometimes Tesla batch removes these, but you might get lucky. Enjoy it as a trial (maybe extended!)

On a related note, I'm hoping Tesla does do AP trials for us SR owners. It could become a cash flow thing for upgrades during these tough times with low/no production. Let's tweet @Elon

Reactions: joshinphilly
They will eventually figure it out, however, and when they do PLEASE for the love of @R@$% dont come back here complaining that "I had this feature for XXX months and now tesla took it away!". Many people bought SR cars when that car was first launched, and received SR+ cars on delivery, then when tesla "corrected the features" to what the people actually bought, some of them lost their !##@$!@$ mind.... even though they never bought those features in the first place.

So, dont be that person. enjoy the features you didnt pay for, for as long as you have them but dont complain when they finally realize it and remove them. it could be soon, it could be a while, but they will eventually figure out that vin doesnt have autopilot or isnt a SR+ and remove the features.

Lol, gd dude. You alright?