TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot: What Happens When Your Lane Is Narrower Than Your Car?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MichaelP90DL, Oct 10, 2019.

1. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Member

Today I was on a freeway in Los Angeles in my Model S. Rolled down the exit ramp, but not in Autopilot. As I approached the signal at the bottom, I was rolling thumpety-thump over the lane markers, both left and right at the same time. Does anyone know how Autopilot would react to that? I was in the left-turn lane, a curb to my left, and there were two other lanes to my right as I approached the signal.

2. luckyj

luckyj Member

3. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Member

It wouldn't be the first time the city or CalTrans (whoever is responsible for the ends of offramps) did something screwy. My first thought was those yellow lane marker tabs to my left were construction related, but I did not see any road work in the area. And the pavement right there was not new.