Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoXP Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this topic deserves a thread of it's own. It would be interesting to see everyone else experience of having their new Tesla delivered by AutoXP / Fleet XP.

I know a few people on here have reported late deliveries et . It would be good to get your good / bad experiences here... maybe if we can get a decent enough response Tesla will demand changes?

My personal experience is that the delivery texts were very good, gave plenty of notice etc however the car was due today between 10 and 12. It's now approaching 5pm and no sign of the car. The tracking doesn't work, they arent answering the phone. And my last text was about a Mercedes demo car?!

Hopefully it turns up soon

I was also due for home delivery today. Tesla and FleetXP confirmed booking for today 10 days ago with an email and text. They also phone me to confirm my address for delivery. But since then I haven't received anything else. I thought I should be getting a text giving me a delivery slot - tracking of the car. Tried phoning Tesla but unable to take calls apparently. FleetXP number goes to voicemail which is full anyway...
After many attempts, managed to get through to Tesla, who couldn't really give me any information at all apart from recommending to contact Auto/FleetXP directly. He offered to re-arrange delivery and push it through again to them but declined it at the time in hope of a miracle...
After numerous phone attempts throughout the day managed to get through to FleetXP who couldn't give me any real information. He said one of his databases was showing it as confirmed delivery and another as recalled from Tesla for whatever reason...He advised he would contact his colleague who was dealing with the Tesla account so she could phone my back and clarify (they are all working from home now). Needless to say, I have heart nothing...The second time I managed to go through their switchboard and she was now saying that she could see that the delivery was on hold without any specific reason... Advised me to email the Tesla account manager at Fleet XP....

The only slight step forward that happened today is that a Model 3 car now appears in my Tesla app which says "mobile access disabled". I don;t know what this mean though...

Oh I also contacted the leasing company who promised to chase it up and contact me. Guess what; haven't heard from them again.

So I find myself in a situation where I now don't have a car as I returned my rental car last night and since I am a surgeon in the NHS having to deal with the COVID 19 crisis over the next few months I have no way of staying mobile...

How is that for a lovely Tesla experience!

I had AutoXP.

On the morning of my delivery, the tracking app changed to 'delivered' first thing with no sign of the car. I got a number to call from Tesla, and after a few calls finally got through to someone (who was lovely to be fair). She promised a call back with an update within an hour, which didn't happen.

The car turned up out of the blue at lunchtime. I gave the chap a lift to the station, and on the way back I finally got my call who told me my car had been taken back to the delivery hub as it had a fault! I told them I was in it, and that wasn't the case.

Utter shambles, but at least it arrived.

Mine still hasnt arrived.
By complete miracle I got through to Autoxp at 5pm (I'd been ringing them all day), I was told it was definitely being delivered today and would be with me by 6pm.... well its 19.15 now and I'm about to give up on this complete joke.

All it takes is a 30 second phone call to tell me it's late or there have been issues.

I

The only slight step forward that happened today is that a Model 3 car now appears in my Tesla app which says "mobile access disabled". I don;t know what this mean though...

Oh I also contacted the leasing company who promised to chase it up and contact me. Guess what; haven't heard from them again.

So I find myself in a situation where I now don't have a car as I returned my rental car last night and since I am a surgeon in the NHS having to deal with the COVID 19 crisis over the next few months I have no way of staying mobile...

Mobile access disabled is a good thing. Basically, when you get the car you enable access to it using the touchscreen in the car and then it allows you to change some settings using the mobile. That should show up on the day of delivery as prior to that my app showed no car linked.

Well if you read some older posts you'll see that you're not the first and there are others who went through the same thing as this new delivery method is rolled out and they find their feet.

It took them 3 attempts to deliver mine and I had a few days without a car. Quite frustrating at the time but a week later it's history, soon to be forgotten and not that important in the big scheme of things.

Reactions: SeyeT
I think that's the reason the "service" never improves, they rely on us all forgetting about the crap experience once we have the new toy. I agree it's only a car, but it's most peoples second biggest purchase after their house so is still relatively important.

Anyway mine didnt come lol and I'm grumpy now

It seems Autoxp arent accountable for their poor quality service. They just need to get better at communicating . Just tell me its delayed for whatever reason and I'll understand, just dont tell me it's coming before 12, then before 6 or whatever just to fob me off when I eventually get through after 30 odd tries of getting through to your number.

AutoXP have been the best part of process for me. Long journey through company scheme via Lease, lack of info and delays since November. But once ordered in Feb got info from Tesla on dates. Text and email a week ago for delivery today. Text on Wed with 48 hour countdown. Text yesterday to confirm delivery today. Driver called hour before arrival and did good handover.

Reactions: Flatchat
had a failed delivery on 17th. tesla didnt know where car was, nor did lease comapny, autoxp phone system generally overwhelmed. eventually got better number to ring and after about 5 goes at real info found out n thursday 19th what happened. in amongst the thousands of cars they are trying to shift if a slot is missed its not planned for the next day as the look ahead roster is already set.

driver couldnt get back from his first trip to make the second trip, because of reduced public transport. they are also missing drivers due to cv19 caution.

best thing is be sure to drop your driver back at a sensible main line station so they can get back to southampton with no connections for the next car. pay it forward so to speak.

mines now expected on this Monday.

I got my car delivered this week. Been to busy enjoying it to post .

I cannot fault autoxp. There was a mix up with my car not being delivered at the first attempt but that was a problem with the communications between three different agencies.

The day before delivery, I got the tracking link but that was useless. The car was on my drive and it still tracked as being at depot.

Robert the driver was brilliant. Phoned me first thing to say he was just leaving. I asked for the car not to be valeted and that saved time, however it did arrive dirty with the transit stickers still on. Didn't bother me as I was happy to detail the car.
Robert called me again when he was at the supercharger and again when he was just arriving.

All in all a good experience from Tesla Direct / autoxp.

The poor communication, delays and general displeasure disappeared soon after the car arrived. It really is that good.

I'm glad to see some of the positive experiences here, I guess they are genuinely overwhelmed at quarter-end.

After a failed delivery on thursday, I got a call early Friday from the driver who said he had set off and would be here by 1. At exactly 1 he turned up, really nice guy, he didnt know what went on yesterday but was told to deliver it today. Dropped him off to the train station and I was on my way to enjoy the car.

I can see why the bad experiences are easily forgotten, the car exceeded all expectations for me.

After Thursday's failed attempt for delivery I have been rescheduled for the 27th March. Hoping that this time they can get it right, although not filled with confidence. Unfortunately, now the car has been dissociated from my app and I am now getting the previous message of "There are no products linked to your Tesla account". Not sure how to interpret this....

After Thursday's failed attempt for delivery I have been rescheduled for the 27th March. Hoping that this time they can get it right, although not filled with confidence. Unfortunately, now the car has been dissociated from my app and I am now getting the previous message of "There are no products linked to your Tesla account". Not sure how to interpret this....
This is exactly what happened with me as well, in the end it was ok so I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

On the day of my failed delivery the app kicked into life and showed my car but you couldn't track it's position (said something about it requiring turning on in the car settings). Not long after the failed delivery the app reverted back to "There are no products linked to your Tesla account" Just as yours is now.

Then on the next delivery day the app didn't kick back into life until after the car had been handed over to me but it was only about 2 hours delay (not long enough for me to consider contacting Tesla). So if yours goes the same way it should start working again on the 27th but you don't get any correspondence from Tesla (or AutoXP) to explain, you just have to go with the flow. Good luck !

Reactions: SeyeT

Our delivery was due on the 20th March and an error on the delivery side meant they forgot to deliver ours.

We chased Tesla up and they rescheduled it for the 27th March as it was still in Carlisle and we’re based near Leeds.

Anyone else expecting delivery nearby on Friday?

I was meant to be getting mine today via autox between 9am and 6pm, called at 515pm to be told sorry not today or tomorrow maybe later in the week but no guarantee even though the car is sitting in their compound in Carlise.

No proper reasons given other than C-19 excuses and that they would be checking with Tesla to see if there was an issue with the car.

Not impressed as its another day down the toilet waiting for a no-show delivery.