Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average repair time for body work (Boston)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think a rookie adjuster is required to explain these situations. Mine has turned out to be largely similar. Teslas appear to be extremely fragile such that many interior parts can be damaged to the point of requiring replacement due to otherwise-mostly-exterior damage. There doesn't appear to be any way for either the adjuster or the shop to anticipate what parts Tesla will later claim need to be replaced. I predict this will result in insurance rates for Teslas skyrocketing due to the inability of insurers to contain repair costs (and to accurately call "totaled" before a bunch of repair expense is already sunk).

What boggles my mind about my repair (and possibly the OP's -- I don't have the details to know for sure) is that none of the things that I think of as "essential Tesla-ness" (i.e., power system, drive train, and displays) were damaged, yet the repair is coming to $60k. So, in other words, just to repair the "ordinary" parts of this car costs as much as two brand-new non-EV cars. How does that make any sense?