Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avg. 1420 Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. First post here.... I picked up my MX P100D back in december! I absolutely love it. Wondering whats the most you guys have ever seen your energy graphs read. Its around 12 degrees farenheit here in NYC and city driving consumes alot of energy (I live in Manhattan and drive fairly aggressively). Has anybody seen readings higher than this before?

Sorry for the blurry pics!

Attachments

• EECFE4C3-FE65-4834-ADD6-D4E0CB130562.jpeg
    EECFE4C3-FE65-4834-ADD6-D4E0CB130562.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 14668330-929B-4CFC-82CC-4C47C9638E36.jpeg
    14668330-929B-4CFC-82CC-4C47C9638E36.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Hey everyone. First post here.... I picked up my MX P100D back in december! I absolutely love it. Wondering whats the most you guys have ever seen your energy graphs read. Its around 12 degrees farenheit here in NYC and city driving consumes alot of energy (I live in Manhattan and drive fairly aggressively). Has anybody seen readings higher than this before?

Sorry for the blurry pics!

That doesn't look right. Here is my consumption in my 100D X in Chicagoland from a couple days ago when it was -20F (minus 20).

U5kNLBK.jpg

8L5Ej1P.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 90D, and have seen MUCH colder temps:

No, I have never seen consumption above the 800's.

Drive up a mountain some time. I exceed 1 kWh per mile eight times a week if I’m looking at the short-term average. Of course, the 30-mile average is only 350 Wh per mile or so because I gain ten or fifteen miles of range on the way back down. :)

Wondering whats the most you guys have ever seen your energy graphs read. Its around 12 degrees farenheit here in NYC and city driving consumes alot of energy (I live in Manhattan and drive fairly aggressively). Has anybody seen readings higher than this before?
It appears that number, 1420Wh/mi, is based on just a few miles of driving. I assume the streets were snow-packed, so very rough road surface? And of course extremely cold. Seems possible for stop-and-go driving with no regen (too cold).

I have seen Wh/mi readings up to 1,200 when driving uphill at 20mph with chains on, temp about 20F, and the road was covered with packed snow such that the surface was very rough.