Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else find it weird that Tesla is half assing this so much they don't even have the badges ready for the cars?
Nah, the badges are probably installed by the delivery center, so this isn't surprising. The main thing I care about is getting a quality build, and this does seem to be the case with Model 3s coming off the lines now.

Reactions: KJD
Very few of the inline reservations holders with AWD-Blue have got a VIN. There are still May orders that kept black interior and even more that switched to the white interior that have not heard anything. Yes, I'm in that group.

This is the nearly exact boat I'm in. Configured as soon as AWD became available to my account on 6/26 with a 3/31 reservation. Reconfigured when white interior became available.

Just changed to cash instead of third-party financing (planning on going through lightstream) - my page immediately asked me to confirm all my details and then changed to the "drafting your contract..." page. My edit link is also gone. I have a fairly late reservation compared to many here so I'm guessing it doesn't mean anything.

...We then spoke on the phone and she got me in August 6th for delivery at the Cherry Hill location. She was extremely responsive which was great.
I visited the Cherry Hill location today around lunchtime to see if they had a Performance model for test drives. I expected a lot of activity but It was amazingly quiet. They had a full schedule of RWD Model 3 test drives, but I didn't see any deliveries in progress. My son and I seemed to be the only showroom customers for about 40 minutes. But that meant we got to take our time with the floor Model 3, it was only the 2nd time I've been in it.:D

I found this thread looking to see if anyone had received their standard AWD yet; I'm eager to hear their impressions!

My details:
former employee, non-owner
3/16/16 Reservation
5/20 Config
AWD - Red - PUP - 18” wheels - EAP

My delivery was initially set for yesterday, but had to be pushed to Friday due to "delays". VIN assigned: 55XXX
Did you get your car yesterday? Please share your thoughts :)

Non owner in NJ
3/31/16 line waiter, 20th in line in NJ store
Got email to configure Feb 23
Configured RWD on May 1
Called Tesla to inquire about changing to AWD on May 22. Said I could but they had to open special case ticket to defer, Tesla person sent me an email saying estimated delivery date was 4 months.
I didn't hear anything, then called July 22 for status (because my Tesla account didn't reflect the change). Tesla guy told me to check for edit link. It was there and I changed my config to AWD on July 22. Got Sept to Nov estimated delivery date.
7/28 got call from delivery advisory
Pick up scheduled Aug 15
Blue, Aero, AWD (not performance), EAP, Premium