Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is at *least* one AWD delivery which happened yesterday. Was on the Model 3 Owners FB group. Owner was in Colorado. Seemed like an older gentleman who was not too excited to do testing (there were numerous of us asking him to lol)

that sux he doesn't want to test. there were a few here that were supposed to get theirs today but the delivery got pushed back to later this week.

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
Did any of you shift to cash to move to the new confirmation screen? Or did it just switch on its own? Trying to decide if I should change it to cash and then tell my advisor I want to finance. Still have the old screen.

No, but I did just change from “trade-in” to “no trade-in” and immediately got the message “We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment“. The date range of Sep 18 - Nov 18 remained the same. The edit button disappeared. Several people here and on reddit have speculated that there is a delivery bottleneck because Tesla hasn’t been able to hire and retain enough folks to deal with loan docs and trade-ins so they may be prioritizing the simplest deliveries. I’m not sure if that’s true or not but the trade-in wasn’t critical to me anyway so I nuked it. I’ll let you know if there are any other signs of progress (like a VIN or a date). So far, just new words on the screen.

I've been sitting at "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." for the last week. No edit button anywhere. Sept-Nov estimate.

6/28 order, AWD MSM aero, current owner.
The gist of what I got when I called is they are going completely off order date, he didn't mention reservations, ownership status, just the date I finalized my order.

The gist of what I got when I called is they are going completely off order date, he didn't mention reservations, ownership status, just the date I finalized my order.

Every Tesla rep has their own tidbit of info. The person I spoke with mentioned that reservation date definitely factors in. I guess at this point, it's a matter of believing what you want to believe!

Solid Black, AWD, EAP, 19s, non owner in Chicago
03/31/16 Reserved In-Store
04/7/18 'Ready to Order' email
06/2/18 Ordered/Configured (updated all info, Tesla financing, no trade)
Edit still there.
Called Tesla this weekend on Saturday AM....no VIN. Was told that the cars are made in batches and say they make 100 red AWD and you are in the next 100 orders for that config...you get a car.

Non-owner
Non-reservation holder
LR AWD, Non-P, 19” wheels, Premium package, EAP, FSD

7/20 order date with 3rd party finance selected - edit button still available as of 12 pm today - Changed to Cash and edit button disappeared and it says they are working on my contract.