Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is not at all transparent. Nor is there consistency in the information that they provide.

It’s really pointless to waste time on the phone waiting for them when you will get different information from rep to rep.

My coworker, non owner, reserved 3/31/16 online in the afternoon.
Los Angeles area
Invited in May 2017 but decided to wait for AWD
Configured AWD on 6/27 picked Marina Del Rey for delivery
Got email yesterday to finalize finance and trade in. Edit Design link disappeared, but no vin yet.

Line waiter non-owner
Reserved 3/31/16 @11:30 am
Chicago area
Original invite 4/6
AWD invite 5/31
Configured and ordered AWD 5/31

I have not heard or seen anything since. No updated order page and no secret vin. I have seen people with later order dates with my exact configuration receiving vin and delivery schedule. :( I really wish Tesla was more transparent on status. It’s the unknown that is killing me. I could get a call tomorrow and have the car by the end of the weekend or it could be another two months.

Pretty much all the same info above for me except line waiter in the Bay Area but I’m taking delivery in PA. Got my first email last week and got my VIN/delivery date Monday. It can from the dude in Vegas who sucks. I’ve gotten more info from the delivery location than that guy in Vegas.

Line waiter non-owner
Reserved 3/31/16 @11:30 am
Chicago area
Original invite 4/6
AWD invite 5/31
Configured and ordered AWD 5/31

I have not heard or seen anything since. No updated order page and no secret vin. I have seen people with later order dates with my exact configuration receiving vin and delivery schedule. :( I really wish Tesla was more transparent on status. It’s the unknown that is killing me. I could get a call tomorrow and have the car by the end of the weekend or it could be another two months.

So, if you find my original post on the thread my edit button disappeared when I changed the color to blue... I don't think it was a coincidence. I think they factor in a number of things, probably in this order: owner/non-owner, reservation date, configuration, color... I think if the last two are in high demand (like my red config) it would likely be delayed. Change it to something immediately available and suddenly the edit button disappears and you get a VIN! Don't let gossip, frustration and the complaints of others get you down. :)

So, if you find my original post on the thread my edit button disappeared when I changed the color to blue... I don't think it was a coincidence. I think they factor in a number of things, probably in this order: owner/non-owner, reservation date, configuration, color... I think if the last two are in high demand (like my red config) it would likely be delayed. Change it to something immediately available and suddenly the edit button disappears and you get a VIN! Don't let gossip, frustration and the complaints of others get you down. :)

That's what happened when I switched from red to white. Edit button dissappeared

Non-owner
Denver
Reserved 7/29/17
Invite 6/28/18
Config 6/28/18
Red, AWD non performance, EAP FSD, 19' Wheels
Sep-Nov delivery estimate
Made a change from 19" to Aero wheels 7/9/18
Moved to Oct-Dec delivery estimate
Later received the new confirmation page, and confirmed
Now shows "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." and Sep-Nov delivery estimate again.

I actually quite like the white... For me it was between blue and white but went blue with white interior... Still waiting for my 3/31 reservation AWD. I feel like had I not gone from black to white interior when it unlocked that I might already have it lol.

I got to sit in a white interior one yesterday. Loved it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180730_165752.jpg
    IMG_20180730_165752.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20180730_165728.jpg
    IMG_20180730_165728.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: EVGhost3