Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still waiting for my VIN and initial contact by ISA. And like some of you, I am able to log into the Tesla app for the walkthrough and referral code. So I was a little curious that they may be changing stuff in the background, so I went on the site and checked the order page source code, as I discover that Tesla also updated the code for their order page so that the EncodedVIN is no longer in the source code. It is all hidden now. Seems like they've been doing a lot of changes in the background, possibly to streamline the order/delivery, contract process.

You're right, the EncodedVIN is gone! Dang... at least that helped give us some insight on our VIN...

Not a previous owner
Reserved 4/1/2016
Original invite 4/13/2018
AWD invite 6/27/2018
Configured and orderd 6/29/2018

MSM, 18inch aero, EAP, AWD, PUP

Received email with VIN yesterday August 2nd. Provided trade-in info today and got delivery confirmed for pickup at Owings Mills, MD for August 25.

Reactions: TMK26
You're right, the EncodedVIN is gone! Dang... at least that helped give us some insight on our VIN...

I am starting to think the encodedVin is something the app looked for in the backend even if no value was assigned and that’s probably what caused the app to grant access to users even though they didn’t have a “linked product”. Ever since the removal of the encodedVin I can no longer log into the app since I don’t have the car yet.

Well it was exciting getting assigned an advisor and getting all the ducks in line today. Still no vin though. He said I “will be able to take delivery in 3-4 weeks, potentially sooner!”
I’m guessing my car is in that bunch of AWD vins registered earlier this week.
I feel like I moved up a step and there is light at the end of the tunnel, I can see it

Reactions: BobCio
We just got an email from our Inside Delivery Advisor in Fremont asking us when we want to get our Model 3 delivered. Can do it ASAP if we want. We still have some forms to take care of and need to talk about what do with my current car and what about wrapping it. Didn't schedule that last one since we didn't have a date. No VIN mentioned though. Guess it's now up to us. Thank goodness I'm getting my 3D Maxpider Kagu mats sometime next week. BTW my AWD white, black interior, sport wheels and EAP was estimated for Sept-Nov timeframe. We jumped on placing the order as soon as we got the invite for AWD and had hoped it would be in the earlier time frame. Wow. Now up to us to arrange the rest. Excited! We're also bay area so sure they want to get cars to locals asap to free up room in the lots.

Took the time to sit on hold for 45 min today on the main Tesla line. They're super nice but you can tell they're overwhelmed. The rep checked into my order and told me that with a 3/31 reservation in a major metro area (Chicagoland) that I should see delivery in 6-8 weeks from my $2500 deposit. He said the switch to white may have cost me a week or 2 but nothing major as I switched to white the moment it was available. Just giving a heads up to those in a similar order period.

3/31 Reservation
6/26 Confirmation (soonest I was available to configure AWD)
7/23 Reconfigure to White interior (no other changes)

Continuing the waiting game.... :D

Reactions: BobCio
We just got an email from our Inside Delivery Advisor in Fremont asking us when we want to get our Model 3 delivered. Can do it ASAP if we want. We still have some forms to take care of and need to talk about what do with my current car and what about wrapping it. Didn't schedule that last one since we didn't have a date. No VIN mentioned though. Guess it's now up to us. Thank goodness I'm getting my 3D Maxpider Kagu mats sometime next week. BTW my AWD white, black interior, sport wheels and EAP was estimated for Sept-Nov timeframe. We jumped on placing the order as soon as we got the invite for AWD and had hoped it would be in the earlier time frame. Wow. Now up to us to arrange the rest. Excited! We're also bay area so sure they want to get cars to locals asap to free up room in the lots.

This is exactly what happened to me, but i said ASAP thinking it would be 2-3 weeks, no just one week :) I am on Los Angeles area with the same configs and time frame.

Reactions: Ron Kerensky

It looks like they still put the VIN in the encoded Javascript data in the page, it's just not encoded anymore. Try this:
Code:
Tesla.ProductF.Data.Vin
Mine is "null" right now because I haven't had a VIN assigned yet, but I'm willing to bet that it would show up there once you have it.

If you want to see all the data available, just use:
Code:
Tesla.ProductF.Data
and expand the object in the dev tools. Or use this:
Code:
JSON.stringify(Tesla.ProductF.Data, 0, 2)
and it will expand it into a formatted JSON string for you to look at.

Took the time to sit on hold for 45 min today on the main Tesla line. They're super nice but you can tell they're overwhelmed. The rep checked into my order and told me that with a 3/31 reservation in a major metro area (Chicagoland) that I should see delivery in 6-8 weeks from my $2500 deposit. He said the switch to white may have cost me a week or 2 but nothing major as I switched to white the moment it was available. Just giving a heads up to those in a similar order period.

3/31 Reservation
6/26 Confirmation (soonest I was available to configure AWD)
7/23 Reconfigure to White interior (no other changes)

Continuing the waiting game.... :D

I wish that was true. Also in Chicago. Ordered AWD on 6/2 (black with black interior, 19” wheels)....so I’m officially past the 8 week mark. No call. No VIN.
Edit: never mind, I take that back. Edit link gone and just filled out credit app! Woohoo!!!!! Progress!!

Last edited: