Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My father ordered an AWD with black interior, midnight silver, Aeros with FSD on 6/28 and preordered 3/31 online pre-reveal event. His edit button disappeared last Sunday or Monday. He wanted to do a trade in and uploaded the pictures and info on early Monday morning. He’s still waiting to hear back with the offer from Tesla. This seems longer than I’ve read it takes for most people. I was expecting him to be contacted within a couple days. Anyone else wait a week or more to get a trade-in quote?
Many of us have waited a lot longer than a week .I ordered two months ago and confirmed details a month ago. My order was stuck in limbo until yesterday and lots of others are still waiting.

Many of us have waited a lot longer than a week .I ordered two months ago and confirmed details a month ago. My order was stuck in limbo until yesterday and lots of others are still waiting.

You mean has taken a lot longer than a week to get a response from a Tesla's trade-in advisor after filling out their online form? I know the general order process can take a long time. I looked through previous threads on here and reddit and it seems like most people it takes a day or two and one person said they got response in 45 minutes. One person took a week but they had made a mistake when submitting their info and were still contacted initially within a couple days. I'm wondering if the length of time to hear back has recently increased due to Tesla being overwhelmed.

My father ordered an AWD with black interior, midnight silver, Aeros with FSD on 6/28 and preordered 3/31 online pre-reveal event. His edit button disappeared last Sunday or Monday. He wanted to do a trade in and uploaded the pictures and info on early Monday morning. He’s still waiting to hear back with the offer from Tesla. This seems longer than I’ve read it takes for most people. I was expecting him to be contacted within a couple days. Anyone else wait a week or more to get a trade-in quote?

I submitted my trade-in info last Saturday (8/11). I didn't hear back until Thursday (8/16).

• Informative
Reactions: Snow Drift

Did the executive escalation make any real difference though? I mean do you have a VIN now? I'm in the same boat you were and have been told twice that it doesn't really matter what the website shows and it doesn't affect your VIN assignment. I really hesitate to do an executive escalation for this purpose if nothing is really wrong.

Reactions: tvisdog
You mean has taken a lot longer than a week to get a response from a Tesla's trade-in advisor after filling out their online form? I know the general order process can take a long time. I looked through previous threads on here and reddit and it seems like most people it takes a day or two and one person said they got response in 45 minutes. One person took a week but they had made a mistake when submitting their info and were still contacted initially within a couple days. I'm wondering if the length of time to hear back has recently increased due to Tesla being overwhelmed.
They are, by their own admission. They staffed for people buying $100,000 cars (small % of population) now they are selling $60,000 cars. The are below the sweet spot, apparently. Note to Tesla, remember this when you sell $35,000 cars!

Upgraded to WHITE

NOW Oct-Dec!!!!! :(

The very nice woman answered all my questions and ask her supervisor any she did not know.

They should take my motorcycle in trade.

They honor all prices from your initial ordering, including destination charge(even though it was higher when I was on the last page) if you modify before your VIN.

IT WILL HOWEVER PULL YOU OUT OF THAT CONFIGURATION LINE AND PLACE YOU IN THE NEW CONFIGURATION LINE AT THE END OR AT MOST IN YOUR RESERVATIONS PECKING ORDER!!!

AND NO TAKE BACKS

Any misinformation will be straightened out when you get assigned a delivery coordinator. So do not worry about out of date insurance, license, registration or pickup location info. Just make a note and tell your rep when he calls. That is his/her role in all this madness.

SHE ALSO SAID THEY ARE MAKIN ABOUT 8000 cars a week!!!

That might not be as accurate as I would like, but it is encouraging.

Reactions: felialcho
I knew that changing the interior color of my M3 would probably delay its delivery (which is not yet specified with a precision > Sep - Nov '18), but I'm gambling that it won't push me beyond the tax incentive. Even though I'm getting impatient (very), I wanted a white interior and figured that getting my car a month later would be easier to live with in the long run than than getting it earlier, but with an interior I'd rather wasn't black. My strategy to minimize the wait time for my Model 3 is to do my homework ahead of time and then to treat the Tesla folks on the phone with a smile and respect. Who knows, maybe my beautiful Tesla Model 3 _will_ show up early:)

Reactions: Fronhofer
Upgraded to WHITE

NOW Oct-Dec!!!!! :(

I wouldn't put too much stock into that just yet. I changed on 8/1 to add FSD and it changed my window to Oct Dec from Sept Nov.

I am taking delivery 8/28.

I don't have a white interior but Im showing that changing changes the date but may not have any actual impact on the delivery fate. Others pointed this out to me.

Was set to pickup my AWD M3 today, Saturday 8/18, at the Owings Mills, MD location. Called my delivery advisor Friday evening and asked if the delivery is all set for Saturday. He said he has no indications that anything is delayed. Friday night I checked my Tesla.com account and noticed my VIN and delivery apportionment were both missing. Started to get worried something went wrong and tried to call the Owings Mills location numerous times Saturday morning and can't reach the delivery center...just goes straight to voicemail or rings forever. Luckily my delivery advisor was working on Saturday and reached him about 2 hours before my delivery time. He said that the car carrier got a flat tire and couldn't make the Friday evening delivery. Also said that due to the flat tire some of the Model 3's may have been damaged. Kind of odd no one at Owings Mills decided to reach out to me with this information? Now just have to wait until Monday and see if I can reach Owings Mills and see if my car was damaged and what the next steps are.

VIN: 659XX

Was set to pickup my AWD M3 today, Saturday 8/18, at the Owings Mills, MD location. Called my delivery advisor Friday evening and asked if the delivery is all set for Saturday. He said he has no indications that anything is delayed. Friday night I checked my Tesla.com account and noticed my VIN and delivery apportionment were both missing. Started to get worried something went wrong and tried to call the Owings Mills location numerous times Saturday morning and can't reach the delivery center...just goes straight to voicemail or rings forever. Luckily my delivery advisor was working on Saturday and reached him about 2 hours before my delivery time. He said that the car carrier got a flat tire and couldn't make the Friday evening delivery. Also said that due to the flat tire some of the Model 3's may have been damaged. Kind of odd no one at Owings Mills decided to reach out to me with this information? Now just have to wait until Monday and see if I can reach Owings Mills and see if my car was damaged and what the next steps are.

Sounds like something one of my teenage kids would say about their latest dent. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Myrddin

If the delivery team is too busy you can call the sales side and see if they can track someone down for more information. That is what I did cause the delivery folks never seemed to pick the phone up.

I'd be interested to hear about your delivery experience at Owings Mills when it happens. I have the choice of either there or Rockville.

Reactions: JFW1103

Yikes. Here’s hoping it all goes smoothly. Also sounds like calling the IDA constantly is the only way to verify that you can take delivery.

Did the executive escalation make any real difference though? I mean do you have a VIN now? I'm in the same boat you were and have been told twice that it doesn't really matter what the website shows and it doesn't affect your VIN assignment. I really hesitate to do an executive escalation for this purpose if nothing is really wrong.
Yes. Before, I was stuck on the screen for a month showing someone would contact me but nobody ever did. Also the Overview screen indicated I hadn't entered registration or payment information yet but I had already entered it two months ago. Now it shows everything correctly and the main screen indicates they are working on the contract.

Yes. Before, I was stuck on the screen for a month showing someone would contact me but nobody ever did. Also the Overview screen indicated I hadn't entered registration or payment information yet but I had already entered it two months ago. Now it shows everything correctly and the main screen indicates they are working on the contract.

Right, but I'm just curious if that will actually make you get a VIN any faster. Others have reported sitting on the contract screen for a long time. I'm not trying to fault the approach you took, I'm just trying to determine if it actually makes a difference or not. As in, did it solve a problem that really gets you stuck in some weird Bermuda triangle or did they just have someone go in and accept your change just to mollify you.

Reactions: KJD