Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat. However. It appears they have depleted the day 1 and 2 backlog...or all but.

While they may well have “depleted” us first day line standers, there are apparently quite a number of us who have still not taken delivery. Or even received a Vin or notification of any kind.

Never mind the fact of how many of us ordered well before the people who never reserved.

I placed my reservations initially back on April 1, 2016. I put in my first Model 3 order on June 28, 2018 and delivery was Sep-Nov. I changed the order to add the premium white interior on July 26 and my delivery window of Sep-Nov didn't change. However, after reading more about the custom AI chip Tesla was designing, I decided to go ahead and gamble another $3K and changed up my order to add the full autonomous driving package. I didn't think that could possibly make a difference in delivery timing since it is basically something they can enable by software and the new chip wouldn't be installed until 2019 or so anyway—but after I made that change, my delivery window slipped to Oct-Dec. Hmm. I didn't expect that.
First one might have slipped as well, just not outside of the Sept->Nov window. Now it has. I suspect ANY change will affect the date, as stated in the FAQ by Tesla.

Owner
Reserved 3/31/16
Ordered 6/26/18
Trading in
Silver Metallic/Black
18 Aero
Non-P, AWD, EAP, FSD

Today, we noticed our "Trading In" dots had changed to yellow and the website wanted confirmation we were indeed trading in. It stated someone would send us a link to upload our photos.
Well, we had changed our mind because we had changed our delivery to home delivery. At present, Tesla cannot take a trade the same time with home delivery. Our closest SC to drop off our trade is three hours away which would really complicate things. So, we plan on doing the CarMax thing instead (we would get the same trade in value from either).
I selected "No" and now I think I broke our order. The page now says, "Service Temporarily Unavailable"! Did I break our order?

oops, I broke it.jpeg

I selected "No" and now I think I broke our order. The page now says, "Service Temporarily Unavailable"! Did I break our order?

View attachment 327088
Mine says the same thing under the payment method. I was checking to see if I had a VIN yet, and I see the same thing you do. Interestingly, I don't see the link to edit the order, so maybe I have a VIN assigned, even if it isn't displayed.

Owner
Reserved 3/31/16
Ordered 6/26/18
Trading in
Silver Metallic/Black
18 Aero
Non-P, AWD, EAP, FSD

Today, we noticed our "Trading In" dots had changed to yellow and the website wanted confirmation we were indeed trading in. It stated someone would send us a link to upload our photos.
Well, we had changed our mind because we had changed our delivery to home delivery. At present, Tesla cannot take a trade the same time with home delivery. Our closest SC to drop off our trade is three hours away which would really complicate things. So, we plan on doing the CarMax thing instead (we would get the same trade in value from either).

View attachment 327088
Now that is weird. Mine changed to please confirm maybe a month ago. I went in and trade-in was still selected, I said save (sometimes, depending how it was coded, saving something that wasn't changed is a no-op. But it STILL says confirm. I've had two people from Tesla look at my order and told me everything was fine with it. Anytime you change you order, I believe your date becomes subject to change. Tesla, on the FAQ, says as much. I think they are so overwhelmed they don't have time to sit down and figure each last, potentially inconsequential, change out, it's just back of the line. I suspect the Std Battery folks will experience the same thing. Really, I think they are overwhelmed.
The difference between trade-in and cash is in state tax states...guessing not NV, taxes on a new car are minus trade-in so, in my case, it's $600+ difference trade over cash.

Mine says the same thing under the payment method. I was checking to see if I had a VIN yet, and I see the same thing you do. Interestingly, I don't see the link to edit the order, so maybe I have a VIN assigned, even if it isn't displayed.
Mine says the same thing under Payment method also. I checked that after reading your post.
check under circle i for Overview under Prepare for Delivery. I am still in Ordered state.

Thanks @ViperDoc ! Unlike you, there is nothing else on our order page, just the "Service Temporarily Unavailable".

Now, instead of checking once a day I'll be checking it more often (and driving myself crazy)!

The real question I have is, Has any body gone past there 3 month window before delivery? Because that would suck by exactly $3750.

I did post this else where but still wanted to share here.
I am 90 days and counting since I placed the order. No VIN, no contact from Tesla.
Owner
Reserved 3/31/16
Ordered 6/26/18
Trading in
Silver Metallic/Black
18 Aero
Non-P, AWD, EAP, FSD

View attachment 327088
The payment section isn't loading for me as well,

Owner
Reserved 3/31/16
Ordered 6/26/18
Trading in
Silver Metallic/Black
18 Aero
Non-P, AWD, EAP, FSD

View attachment 327088
FWIW Tesla offered me $1500 over what CarMax didfor trade-in. Plus taxable amount is reduced by trade-in credit amount in WA.

Reactions: JFW1103
The real question I have is, Has any body gone past there 3 month window before delivery? Because that would suck by exactly $3750.
Would you elaborate? The current window, for everyone ordering now, is Oct, Nov, Dec. Assuming no delays it's all good. This is a prime window for people to not screw with their orders. Once you do that, it's end of the line and no cuts are allowed, this is not middle school.