Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like some people have had luck at least getting a VIN/some sign of life by calling. What number are you calling?
Calling has nothing to do with it. It also has a VERY negative effect if the wrong button is pressed as one option also handles stranded Tesla motorists and the difference is outside of callers as these people handle overflow calls. "I haven't heard yet and don't feel loved anymore" "can you bump me to the front of the line nice lady/man?" You'll get called when you become critical path like who's paying or we want pictures of your trade-in.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Still waiting on the replacement roof for our Model 3 that is just sitting in Westmont IL waiting to be delivered.

So today get a call from the Service Department leaving a message that the roof has arrived and that I should call to schedule an appointment for me to bring the car in for the roof glass to be replaced.

Yes our car that hasnt been delivered. I know likely no big deal, but wish they would know they already have the car because they never delivered it to us.

• Funny
Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
Calling has nothing to do with it. It also has a VERY negative effect if the wrong button is pressed as one option also handles stranded Tesla motorists and the difference is outside of callers as these people handle overflow calls. "I haven't heard yet and don't feel loved anymore" "can you bump me to the front of the line nice lady/man?" You'll get called when you become critical path like who's paying or we want pictures of your trade-in.

Just asked a question, didn't think it was that big of a deal. I think any of us have the right to call after we have given them $3,500. I don't plan to but I'm just saying.

Has anyone on here actually taken delivery - I see so many having delivery dates but I too had a delivery date on Aug 28th - then got a call a few days earlier saying it wouldn’t happen but re-scheduled for 9/13 - I’m told my car is waiting to be trucked from Chicago to Dallas. They may finish the quarter strong but is it because they have my money even though I don’t have a car. I am hoping delivery will take place on 9/13 but I’ve been delayed once already - hate to put cold water on all the people with delivery dates but actually taking delivery stories would give everyone much more confidence.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Your VIN and contact timelines are close to ours (669xx) and our delivery is scheduled for 9/13/2018. All the 100xxx+ VINs I'm seeing now are being scheduled at the very end of September or early October.

Our delivery got pushed back again by another day. They started to get the car ready and found an issue with the backup camera and are running full firmware upgrades on it which was going to take a few hours. I am glad they found it but it makes me worry about what else might be found. Oh well, I guess I will find out tomorrow. It is hard to wait, get ready for delivery and then have to wait again. Twice

Has anyone on here actually taken delivery - I see so many having delivery dates but I too had a delivery date on Aug 28th - then got a call a few days earlier saying it wouldn’t happen but re-scheduled for 9/13 - I’m told my car is waiting to be trucked from Chicago to Dallas. They may finish the quarter strong but is it because they have my money even though I don’t have a car. I am hoping delivery will take place on 9/13 but I’ve been delayed once already - hate to put cold water on all the people with delivery dates but actually taking delivery stories would give everyone much more confidence.
Mine has been sitting 100 miles away at a "hub" for quite a bit of time and missed the delivery date. Very annoying.

Just asked a question, didn't think it was that big of a deal. I think any of us have the right to call after we have given them $3,500. I don't plan to but I'm just saying.

Call Tesla as often as you want. (Though I’m sure you’re not looking to waste your life on hold with them.) As you say, they have your $3500.

Ignore @wcorey, he harasses people on random issues and likes to tell people what to do. Happily he (claims to have) blocked me so won’t see this. It’s great if he does that because then he can’t troll your posts.

Call Tesla as often as you want. (Though I’m sure you’re not looking to waste your life on hold with them.) As you say, they have your $3500.

Ignore @wcorey, he harasses people on random issues and likes to tell people what to do. Happily he (claims to have) blocked me so won’t see this. It’s great if he does that because then he can’t troll your posts.

In my case, Tesla have my $56,000 and I still didn't get delivery on the assigned delivery day - hoping that the 9/13 delivery will work out otherwise I will be paying my loan before I get the car!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
In my case, Tesla have my $56,000 and I still didn't get delivery on the assigned delivery day - hoping that the 9/13 delivery will work out otherwise I will be paying my loan before I get the car!
I’ve already made a payment. And have been paying insurance because tesla told me they won’t schedule to deliver the car unless insurance is added ahead of time.

Thats strange, I also have to have insurance available but only from the date of delivery - I wonder why you have to have insurance before you actually take possession!
They insisted it show on my policy before they’d schedule delivery. Don’t ask me. They don’t answer emails. They don’t keep their delivery dates.

edit: I'm misremembering. They scheduled delivery, but told me I had to have it shown on my insurance before delivery. And to get it on my insurance card, I had to add it.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
Basically, Tesla is being inconsistent:

+ I have the exact same config (good taste, @ForeverEv!)
+ Also non-owner
+ Also no VIN or other indicator online yet
- I reserved almost 2 years later - 2018-01-16
- I live in Canada (?)
- I ordered one day later - 2018-06-28

I got a VIN today by email (prompted by me). I can't rationalize it, just stating facts, and I wish everyone the best.

Forgot to add, I'm in Atlanta