Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it might be a strategy for the end of quarter.. They overschedule for the quarter end, and make sure they are at full capacity till the end even if few deliveries fall thru due to various reasons (customers' finances not being ready, trade-in partners, government, etc. etc).

I expect some appointments will get kicked down the road for that reason, but they just will fill as many as they can without much lost opportunity

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Got the email (DSA was Victor) yesterday to schedule delivery Oct 1 to Oct 8. No confirmation so far and no changes on my account.

Just called and the agent indicated that there is no way you can have a delivery appointment scheduled until you have a VIN. Seems to contradict most folks who were emailed.

• Informative
Got the email (DSA was Victor) yesterday to schedule delivery Oct 1 to Oct 8. No confirmation so far and no changes on my account.

Just called and the agent indicated that there is no way you can have a delivery appointment scheduled until you have a VIN. Seems to contradict most folks who were emailed.
it doesn't contradict website that is now indicating you schedule delivery first and get vin second (in the overview). I think they are changing that but the news just has not propagated much outside the HQs

I would love to take a peak at their algorithm for prioritizing the orders, if there is any. It seems to be completely random to a certain extend.

Found it!

tysondart2.gif

Well I finally got a VIN and a Delivery date!

But it took some nagging.. I want to share my experience just so others can process it and see if maybe they are in the same boat.

So I ordered my car early July. I changed the color once in July. Towards the end of August I kept seeing everyone with white interior get VINs quickly so I changed mine to White.

4 days later on August 30th I lost my edit button. I called in and sure enough I had a VIN I was told. "Wait for IDA to call you"

8 days later still nothing. So I called them.. and they said they would email my DA and request them to call me.

Tonight on the way home from work I get the las vegas call... he confirms all my info and tells me everything is good to go and we can select a delivery date.. "Hmm.. wait a minute.. It's not populating a delivery date for you in the system for some reason.. Let me talk to my supervisor and call you right back.."

Surprisingly, he did call back. We selected Sept 28th in Cincinnati. He said my car is "in transit" and he emailed me my VIN. 97xxx.

But.. why did I have to nag to get contacted today when others got contacted automatically? Why did the system not "show a delivery date" and what did he have to do to make it show one? Did it not show one because I have yet to get an offer back on my trade in yet? Is that the hold up?

Maybe I didn't receive a call because their "system" didn't show a date for me? But why? I didn't ask.. I wish I did.. maybe I could have helped you all out more.

But I still find it strange that I had a VIN a week ago.. and a car on it's way.. and no one contacted me yet. *shrugs*

My online account shows Sept 28th... we'll see if they hold to that.

I received the following:

It’s time to get behind the wheel of the most incredible vehicle! Your Model 3 will soon be ready. Your pick-up location will be at our Westchester-Mt Kisco location.

Off-site lot lcoated at: 333 N. Bedford Road, Mt. Kisco, N.Y., 10549

Mt. Kisco, NY 10549

Your Model 3 will be available between Friday, September 21 through Friday, September 28.

Please reply with the day (or days) that will work best for you and if morning or afternoons are best for you. (All registrants must be present at delivery)

Once you are scheduled, you will be contacted to coordinate paperwork. In the meantime please complete the rest of your online profile, if you haven’t already.

Thank you,

Logan Beaton | Delivery Scheduling Advisor
6900 Dumbarton Cir. | Fremont, CA 94538
e [email protected]

When I called Mt Kisco they said this was an error. There is no VIN and no car, and it could be several months. He indicated that things a completely chaotic. I have also emailed Logan Beaton several times and no response. This really is pathetic. I should add that I'm a 3/31/16 line waiter.
I was really worried about this. Does your Tesla account show a confirmed date? Mine did after I heard back with a confirmed delivery date.

Just to put a few minds at rest - for some reason in their online system the VIN only appears 7 days before delivery date - I’ve had a VIN since I got my MVPA done but when my 8/28 Delivery was postponed the VIN disappeared on the order page - as soon as we went past 10:30 on Thursday this week the VIN magically appeared again as it was just under 7 days to my next scheduled delivery 9/13 - Dallas Delvery Center
Blue RWD, Black interior, EAP and Aeros

It’s time to get behind the wheel of the most incredible vehicle! Your Model 3 will soon be ready. Your pick-up location will be at our Westchester-Mt Kisco location.

Mt. Kisco, NY 10549

Your Model 3 will be available between Friday, September 21 through Friday, September 28.

Please reply with the day (or days) that will work best for you and if morning or afternoons are best for you. (All registrants must be present at delivery)

Once you are scheduled, you will be contacted to coordinate paperwork. In the meantime please complete the rest of your online profile, if you haven’t already.

Thank you,

e [email protected]

When I called Mt Kisco they said this was an error. There is no VIN and no car, and it could be several months. He indicated that things a completely chaotic. I have also emailed Logan Beaton several times and no response. This really is pathetic. I should add that I'm a 3/31/16 line waiter.

I got the same message yesterday (with my home delivery option and slightly later dates) from DSA Logan Beaton as well. Replied back about an hour later with my preferred dates and haven't heard anything since. My Tesla account has not changed (Edit design remains, only Order has been checked under next steps).

I ordered in Feb 2018 and confirmed 7/23/18 with Sept - Nov window so i was surprised to even get anything yesterday

DBM LR AWD 19" No EAP

Great News! and sucky news. Just on a lark, no phone call, no email. (phone # provided was house phone not cell phone) I went online to check my status.. No edit and they wanted finance data and trade-in data.

Reserved: 9/3/17
Ordered: 6/28/18
LR AWD PUP Black, EAP, FSD, 18" Aero.

More sucky news (catch-22) CU won't finalize application w/o MVPA and VIN. They might not assign VIN until all paperwork done... what's a boy to do? <-sarcasm!

• Informative
Reserve - 4/28/18
Ready to order - 5/7/18
Config - 6/29/18
Delivery - 9/26/18

AWD, OBM, Black int, EAP, 19” sport wheels

Congrats, and I’m not directing this at you but it’s some BS that I ordered the same car + FSD with reservation on 04/01/16 and I am getting it the same day as you. I understand demand may differ based on regions but this just seems like a free for all.

Great News! and sucky news. Just on a lark, no phone call, no email. (phone # provided was house phone not cell phone) I went online to check my status.. No edit and they wanted finance data and trade-in data.

Reserved: 9/3/17
Ordered: 6/28/18
LR AWD PUP Black, EAP, FSD, 18" Aero.

More sucky news (catch-22) CU won't finalize application w/o MVPA and VIN. They might not assign VIN until all paperwork done... what's a boy to do? <-sarcasm!
Confirmation, everything is based on $2500 receipt date!

Mt. Kisco, NY 10549

Thank you,

e [email protected]

I just got a reply from Logan Beaton (an hour ago) and confirmation of my appointment (was already showing up almost immediately yesterday online). The no response is likely because they are busy.

I just got an invite to come to the factory and pick up my car tomorrow or Sunday rather than a month from now... The RSVP stated "
  • For financing with a third party bank or credit union, bring a check for the amount you would like to finance
I was going to finance it through a credit union, but I was going to put a chunk down as well. Will Tesla take my check as well? I don't have the final amount to finance, just the estimate on my order page.

At home I noticed it didn't come with the phone cables. They would have been the wrong ones anyway
Your phone requires something other than lightning or mini-USB? I'm curious what connector your phone has that is different?

Be the optimist and run with the first date. No really, that is nuts. Makes me worry about how Tesla is going to execute all these deliveries that are now scheduled.
Oh! It gets even more exciting.... next post.

I went ahead and changed my order to white interior. Perhaps I will get someone else's failed/rejected delivery before I die of old age.
Wait, what? I'm confused about people who order white interiors when they live in an area that doesn't require it. :)
Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

maybe....Ive seen Vinn's with my config given to people who reserved in 2018. it will happen I know eventually.....
Yeah it will happen. I'm still mid-process (cheque on route to pay so they can ship it to me, with the hope it'll get here for Sept 22 appointment) and I was 01Apr16 reservation and the $2500 down about an hour and a half before you. Oh, and Obsidian Black which either cost me time or gained me time, hard to tell but probably cost me time.