Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. But I can buy a generic USB-c with 90°. Would it fit? Basically I need aft least one of all three. Four counting my old iPod. I guess I can always plug into the back seat USB, right?
On the side of the cable that plus into the phone, the plug casing needs to be a certain size and shape to snap into the console if you want to use it like a dock. An ordinary cable can just be pulled through if you want a cord that stretches out into the car.

03/31/16 - Reserved Online pre-reveal, non-owner.
04/18/18 - Invite e-mail to configure first production. Deferred for AWD.
06/26/18 - Configured dual motor when forum noticed it was open.
— radio silence —
09/05/18 - Phone call and email to schedule delivery.
09/06/18 - Scheduled delivery for 09/08, VIN available.
09/07/18 - Option to pay via ACH became available online.
09/08/18 - Delivered in Cathedral City, CA.

DBM, black interior, AWD, Aeros, EAP — Manufactured 09/18

What happens to the cars that people preconfigured? Unless they are teasing going to a traditional car dealership model, where if it's on the lot you can buy it.
Perhaps people modified orders (e.g. RWD to AWD, change in paint color, white interior) so that these cars were now without a match. Easier to move them now instead of having them take up space while awaiting a new match.

Reactions: JFW1103
Thanks. But I can buy a generic USB-c with 90°. Would it fit? Basically I need aft least one of all three. Four counting my old iPod. I guess I can always plug into the back seat USB, right?
Sure, back seat plugs would work. I looked into what I mentioned, if you can tell from the following you can get a better idea if the one you have will work.
Model 3 Phone Charging Cable

• Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001
I believe my backdoor link to the design studio stopped working this morning. Can anyone confirm this isn't a change in the website's code? Can any of you still access it? I did not receive an email on Thursday despite being a 2017 reservation holder so it'd be interesting if this is true because even those who got the email can still edit.

Reserved March '17
Configured May 7 2018 RWD
Deferred for AWD late May
Reconfigured June 28
AWD non-P MSM Aero EAP
Tyson's Corner Delivery Center
Edit Design button long gone due to cash payment option
woah mine stopped working too. I guess we have cars assigned. I am scheduled to pick up on the 20th

03/31/16 - Reserved Online pre-reveal, non-owner.
04/18/18 - Invite e-mail to configure first production. Deferred for AWD.
06/26/18 - Configured dual motor when forum noticed it was open.
— radio silence —
09/05/18 - Phone call and email to schedule delivery.
09/06/18 - Scheduled delivery for 09/08, VIN available.
09/07/18 - Option to pay via ACH became available online.
09/08/18 - Delivered in Cathedral City, CA.

DBM, black interior, AWD, Aeros, EAP — Manufactured 09/18
That's crazy fast considered it is built in Sept

Reactions: TerrapinThief
That's crazy fast considered it is built in Sept

470 miles between the factory and the delivery city.. 7 hour drive . so could be produced in the first few days of the month and then transported on 6th once the schedule is confirmed. Or may be produced on 6th which trigged the phone call for delivery. hope the paint cured enough to take the assault on that beautiful nose :)

One my way to Fremont, email arrived saying no more AWD today:
Unfortunately, due to overwhelming demand, we no longer have Model 3 All-Wheel Drive or Performance configurations available at this weekend's delivery experience at 47400 Kato Road in Fremont, CA. A limited number of Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive configurations are still available.
We will reach out to Model 3 All-Wheel Drive and Performance customers who do not already have a delivery appointment to schedule one as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of the trade in photos they want? My trade in link is still grayed out but I would like to take the pictures this weekend so I can upload them whenever the option becomes active for me. I most likely won’t take their offer but I figured why not try.
Here's the trade-in photos list...
20180826_175431-2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jsrawa
For those of you that got “the call” a few days ago- I called Tesla and they said I don’t have a VIN assigned yet. That would explain the edit button still being there and the trade in button still grayed out. Sales rep found it odd they scheduled a delivery with no VIN assigned.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden