Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you do the trade in? I’m approaching 6 days and still pending results.
That's roughly the same here. I'm about two weeks out. Not concerned as I'm sure they are, rightfully, focused on deliveries this week. I have a date, I'm certain they will do everything possible to honor that date. For those with deliveries this week, yes they need to be laser focused on them right now.

Would you mind saying what car and how it compared to KBB? On a 2012 Prius plugin Advanced CarMax was $1500-$2000 below KBB. I even had the car detailed such you could shave in the reflection on the chassis. Not a single scratch or car wash swirl mark. Oh 6 yrs old.

Tesla is just kicking the cars to auction. They submit the photos to someone who does this for them regionally and that company probably gets a percentage of auction sales price.

The lowball offer on your Prius probably has more to do with the flood of Prius on the market and less with the condition of the car.

It is ALWAYS most advantageous to sell the car yourself as you will get the most $$ value.

Many people don’t have the job flexibility to do this though.

• Informative
Reactions: Yuri_G and neroden
Tesla is just kicking the cars to auction. They submit the photos to someone who does this for them regionally and that company probably gets a percentage of auction sales price.

The lowball offer on your Prius probably has more to do with the flood of Prius on the market and less with the condition of the car.

It is ALWAYS most advantageous to sell the car yourself as you will get the most $$ value.

Many people don’t have the job flexibility to do this though.
It was CarMax that lowballed me but your point is still valid. The Plugin Advanced is a different animal as it allows charging the battery, heated seats, 12 axis electric control on driver seat, radar dynamic cruise control. Very similar to TACC. Plus, not too many of them compared to STD Prius. The guy at CarMax even said "Tesla will give you a better offer". I'm just waiting to hear back from them. CT is a state tax state with 7.75% so taking $11k +/- off saves $850.If someone offered me $12k sure I'd sell there but then I'd have to secure 128mile transportation. Frankly I am expecting a $11,500 offer so private would need to be $12.500 offer.

Last edited:
Would you mind saying what car and how it compared to KBB? On a 2012 Prius plugin Advanced CarMax was $1500-$2000 below KBB. I even had the car detailed such you could shave in the reflection on the chassis. Not a single scratch or car wash swirl mark. Oh 6 yrs old.
I had a 2005 Escalade. They offered me 4500.00. I said no. Just sold it today for 7500.00. They don’t care what the inside looks like. They all go to auction. I asked for more, they said no.

Reactions: neroden
How long from the time they are writing your contract till you get a delivery date?

I had to call to change my delivery location to a different store in Chicago (long story) but was told that the call center representative could not make the chnage or see my DA. I told her who my DA had been and when shs contacted him to make the chnage he was also locked out. She said that usually means the contract is being written. So wondering how long it take to write the contract and get a delivery date.

• Love
Reactions: Tricia
Finally my M3 is home!
Long time stalker, first post

4/17/17 reservation
6/28/18 ordered MSM/AWD/black/areos/EAP
8/29 called to update registration address, they had my VIN 66xxx! Delivery scheduled for 9/29
9/10 delivery moved up to 9/15
9/15 took delivery!

I'm so excited, can't wait to drive anywhere for no other reason than to be in my 3!
Challenge: see how many super chargers you can hit in one day..stay at motel and do return trip next day. Just a thought. I went to college in Ohio, I've already got that trip (from CT) locked and loaded. Oh...for @the_danimal as we spent so much time in NoVa..got that one locked and loaded too...is Tortilla Factory still there?

Finally my M3 is home!
Long time stalker, first post

4/17/17 reservation
6/28/18 ordered MSM/AWD/black/areos/EAP
8/29 called to update registration address, they had my VIN 66xxx! Delivery scheduled for 9/29
9/10 delivery moved up to 9/15
9/15 took delivery!

I'm so excited, can't wait to drive anywhere for no other reason than to be in my 3!
Congrats! That’s my config also and my delivery date is sept 25. Cant wait!