Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9/22 delivery, cash.

No VIN. No MVPA. WTF.

Don't worry Tesla need the cash in your wallet more desperately than the M3 you want and they will come and grab it "just in time".. this is not normal time and they are working on war footing to go green.. not to make customers happy or meet the delivery commitments.. now the entire Tesla engine is focused on meeting wall street commitments and we are squarely in the middle with boat load of cash on hand. it is just matter of time.

Don't worry Tesla need the cash in your wallet more desperately than the M3 you want and they will come and grab it "just in time".. this is not normal time and they are working on war footing to go green.. not to make customers happy or meet the delivery commitments.. now the entire Tesla engine is focused on meeting wall street commitments and we are squarely in the middle with boat load of cash on hand. it is just matter of time.
Tesla never said they would be in the black Q3, their guidance is Q3 OR Q4. There is just over a week left in Q3. If the next week and a half becomes a complete *sugar* show, it will prove counterproductive. There will be plenty of people who do not get their cars until late Oct., Nov, or Dec.

Tesla never said they would be in the black Q3, their guidance is Q3 OR Q4. There is just over a week left in Q3. If the next week and a half becomes a complete *sugar* show, it will prove counterproductive. There will be plenty of people who do not get their cars until late Oct., Nov, or Dec.

Actually their Q2 update letter to investors says, "That said, we still expect to achieve GAAP profitability in Q3 and Q4."

I can't even imagine what the last week of Q4 will be like when there's up to $3750 in tax credits at stake for buyers.

Actually their Q2 update letter to investors says, "That said, we still expect to achieve GAAP profitability in Q3 and Q4."

I can't even imagine what the last week of Q4 will be like when there's up to $3750 in tax credits at stake for buyers.
OK, I stand corrected. I don't see Tesla or any company stretching their competency over something largely out of their control(people getting a federal tax credit). There is talk several constituencies, including power companies, are fighting to extend that credit. I suspect by end of Nov the backlog will have been depleted. I recall back in the 70's special ordering a Mustang and that took 6 weeks. One of the points Ben Sullins makes over his discussions on the tax credit is cautioning people that you have to have that tax liability to qualify for the credit. In other words, come next Feb or March there will be people angry they didn't have sufficient tax liability to qualify. How many people on here asked their accountant...how many people on here have an accountant?
People working get a check every two weeks or twice a month. If there is excess discretionary great, buy a house, buy a car. Retired people configure their income to meet their expenses. Their discretionary income isn't taxed as it isn't withdrawn from savings. I assumed, when I ordered the car the credit would be gone, it isn't why I ordered it. So I, actually, may be in the group that doesn't qualify. I'll find out.

Last edited:
I am right there with you i mean its only been 690 days right.......

❤️ 912 days when I pick my car up next weekend. Only thing I can say is when you get that communication to schedule your delivery all the waiting feels so worth it....till you realize that for the next 11 days it appears time is more like this:

Salvador-Dali-Melting-Clocks.jpg

Account updated with final MVPA. Assigned VIN on 9/18/2018. Taking delivery at Rocklin CA on this Saturday.

Model reservation holder (12.26.16 Reserved), 06.29.18 Configured, LR | AWD | DBM | Black | 19' | EAP - Delivery scheduled for 09.22.18 | VIN appeared on 9/18/2018 | MVPA updated with final amount on 9/19/2019
How soon after the notification your paperwork was sent to Contracts did you get your final MVPA?

You will get an updated MVPA by Friday 9/21. You are paying cash. Hang on tight.
Thanks, Sigma! I needed to hear this.

Just talked to the folks in Vegas. She's going to have my DA get back to me... we'll see if that happens.

I asked them "is VIN assignment so late because they're shipping cars to regions, _then_ matching those cars to existing orders?" she said "That is something they're doing, yes."

So basically: nobody but the train conductor/truck driver knows if my car will be here on Saturday... by design. Delivery hell.

❤️ 912 days when I pick my car up next weekend. Only thing I can say is when you get that communication to schedule your delivery all the waiting feels so worth it....till you realize that for the next 11 days it appears time is more like this:

Salvador-Dali-Melting-Clocks.jpg
Totally agree (912 for me too, if they confirm my date), except when they don’t confirm your delivery or even acknowledge your response as in my case. If I don’t hear back by noon today, I’m driving to the SC where I’m taking delivery. They can’t ignore me if I’m standing in front of them politely asking what they need from me.

My appointment still shows Sept 22 at Devon. Was offline today, will call Tesla Devon tomorrow (Thursday) to confirm schedule.
I called Tesla Devon and got Good news and Great news.

Good news: Our P3D LR is on-site and ready for delivery Saturday evening.

Great news: I asked if we could get earlier delivery. No openings Saturday, was offered Friday afternoon. Took a slot. Delivery person was happy - that opens a slot for someone who needs Saturday.

Also confirmed that referral code is on the order. We don’t mind getting the car one day earlier.

Now one full week of improvement in delivery. All through win-win cooperative approach. My preferred business & negotiation technique.

Great news: I asked if we could get earlier delivery. No openings Saturday, was offered Friday afternoon. Took a slot. Delivery person was happy - that opens a slot for someone who needs Saturday.

Also confirmed that referral code is on the order. We don’t mind getting the car one day earlier.

Now one full week of improvement in delivery. All through win-win cooperative approach. My preferred business & negotiation technique.

Congrats! Salty, but congrats.

What is the "win-win cooperation approach"? Just curious as I am taking delivery Monday and it has been crickets since I got the delivery email and no one responds to my emails with questions on financing or documentation issues. As of now I still don't have a vin. 72 hours will be tomorrow. I am waiting until then to make a call if my account still doesn't have a vin.