Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading through these recent posts there is certainly a lot of animosity and stress with the delivery process...and rightly so. There is certainly a breach in the communications from scheduling to DAs to customers. I too am a victim as my delivery date has been pushed back as well.

I am confident that Tesla is aware of these and are trying to rectify these problems as quickly as possible. It is never going to be fast enough for us the customers. For my part, I am trying to keep this in the perspective of the fact that I have been waiting for this moment for 29 months. I am now down to a matter of days or possibly weeks. The last is always the hardest. It doesn't completely ease the apprehension, but it does allow me to be a little more patient.

Just offered for consideration.

Dan

Last edited:
Reading through these recent posts there is certainly a lot of animosity and stress with the delivery process...and rightly so. There is certainly a breach in the communications from scheduling to DAs to customers. I too am a victim as my delivery date has been pushed back as well.

I am confident that Tesla is aware of these and are trying to rectify these problems as quickly as possible. It is never going to be fast enough for us the customers. For my part, I am trying to keep this in the perspective of the fact that I have been waiting for this moment for 29 months. I am now down to a matter of days or possibly weeks. The last is always the hardest. It doesn't completely ease the apprehension, but it does allow me to be a little more patient.

Just offered for consideration.

Dan
The final two weeks are absolutely the most stressful, particularly as my initial delivery appointment was cancelled a month ago and Tesla has not made any promises to honor their trade-in estimate from last month. That being said, I have heard nothing from them one way or the other and am hoping that, in the interest of not losing a sale at the end of the quarter (delivery appointment #3 is scheduled for 9/30), they will not pull any last-minute surprises.

Your brother should get on the phone with someone in the central office and make sure (a) a delivery location is assigned, (b) the system is set up to assign a delivery advisor / scheduling advisor / or some such.

Your brother's order has most likely gotten lost due to bugs in Tesla's crappy computer system. Some entry is missing which is causing his order to not be processed. We've now seen enough examples of this that I'm sure of it.

Anyone who configured in late June or very early July who hasn't been put on the scheduling date merry-go-round (you haven't even been assigned a date which is cancelled) yet has had something go wrong in the computer system.

Anyone in your brother's position needs to have someone check and verify that there is a delivery location and delivery advisor assigned, because probably one of these has gone missing.

Thanks for the info. I let my brother know to become more proactive and start calling Tesla. I also send him to the teslamotorsclub.com link. Lots of good info. I believe this weekend he is installing NEMA 14-50 in his garage.

If it helps anyone, the service center can sometimes give you specific information about the car's arrival once it is actually in transit. I was originally scheduled for 9/22, delayed to 9/28. I called today and was told the car is actually scheduled to arrive on the morning of 9/28. They also confirmed, as I've seen on here, that Minneapolis deliveries get shipped by rail to Chicago, then trucked in from there.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
If it helps anyone, the service center can sometimes give you specific information about the car's arrival once it is actually in transit. I was originally scheduled for 9/22, delayed to 9/28. I called today and was told the car is actually scheduled to arrive on the morning of 9/28. They also confirmed, as I've seen on here, that Minneapolis deliveries get shipped by rail to Chicago, then trucked in from there.

What option do you choose from the menu when you call them? If I call our local center and choose the option for delivery, it goes to voicemail and the mailbox is full.

All: tweet Elon Musk and succinctly explain the CF that is your delivery experience..
I will if the next delivery appointment doesn’t come off.

My second delivery appointment was for 9/25. I got a text yesterday that the car wouldn’t be there by then and that I would need to reschedule for 9/30.

That actually works out for me since I am flying out for a business trip on 9/25 and was in the stressful situation of having to basically take delivery on the way from work to the airport. So I won’t hold this one against them.

• Love
Picked up mine from Marina Del Rey last night. Arrived 7:40PM and some customers were still pulling in to take delivery. My delivery agent told me it was already a crazy day for weekday and they have to do 300 delivery on Saturday and Sunday. Talk about swamped
20180921_194441.jpg 20180921_194544.jpg 20180921_204729.jpg

I got cancelled today at 3:46 and delivery rescheduled from 9/24 to 10/13. I was told it was a logistics issue getting the car to the Marina Del Rey delivery center. I offered to fly up to Fremont and drive it back but was told that would make it take even longer, which is strange as that's a 1 hour flight, 7 hour drive back. The agent (Tammie) wasn't sure where my car was and seemed to think that Tesla had more than one factory. She's obviously not a TMC member.

Reserved 4/1/16
Ordered 6/23/18
Scheduled 9/7 (for 9/24)
Delayed 9/21 (for 10/13)
Therapy 9/22

I was told that the Fremont SC is incredibly impacted, and that it would be hardest to schedule. If you are willing to make the trip, ask your DA about other options.

Reactions: thimblepk
Picked up mine from Marina Del Rey last night. Arrived 7:40PM and some customers were still pulling in to take delivery. My delivery agent told me it was already a crazy day for weekday and they have to do 300 delivery on Saturday and Sunday. Talk about swamped
View attachment 337088 View attachment 337089 View attachment 337090

How does one properly inspect paint and body panels with no good light?
300/day (or weekend) is crazy volume. That's like 20 cars/hour.

All: tweet Elon Musk and succinctly explain the CF that is your delivery experience..
All: tweet Elon Musk and succinctly explain that, while it is evident that they are struggling with delivering the volume of sales they are experiencing, you realize and appreciate that this is because he has created a demand for a product that is unprecedented and you continue to support the efforts he and his company are making to work through these temporary setbacks. Attract more flys with honey than vinegar.

2 years waiting...I'll give them some leeway here.

Dan

All: tweet Elon Musk and succinctly explain that, while it is evident that they are struggling with delivering the volume of sales they are experiencing, you realize and appreciate that this is because he has created a demand for a product that is unprecedented and you continue to support the efforts he and his company are making to work through these temporary setbacks. Attract more flys with honey than vinegar.

2 years waiting...I'll give them some leeway here.

Dan
I had a car enroute to the east coast, it had a vin, it was assigned to me. I had a forced, low ball, trade-in offer, now on a drop dead timer. The car was pulled from me, removed from my account and now I have nothing not even a date for resolution. All I have is a trade-in offer that will expire most likely before I get a car assigned. For people waiting 2 1/2 years, yeah, I get it, but if you configured in end of June, the line is in who configured it first order. I am referring to corporate execution not people waiting their turn on the bench. Once a car is assigned it should be delivered to the correct place in a timely fashion as loan commitments and trade-in commitments are time critical.
The unprecedented part is erroneous. They knew how many "orders" they had by how many reservations they had. They incompetently allowed this situation to exist by not staffing and training appropriately. Much of this could have been avoided with proper software, which they clearly don't have. To a hammer, everything is a nail, to a software architect everything is a software opportunity.