Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up this morning to the same text it seems everyone else recieved. Came in at 11:20pm ET and I was sound asleep. When I read the text I was so excited I squealed like a 12 year old girl at a New Kids on the Block concert!

Replied at 6:06am ET that “yes, yes, YES!” I can take delivery b/t 6/26 and 6/30. I haven’t recieved a reply yet and honestly don’t think I will until at least noon ET. Assuming this person (her name is Deepika) is in Cali or Nevada she was working late last night (sent me the text at 8:20pm PT) and probably won’t be in until 9am PT today. I realize this is far from a done deal but am excited to finally have some contact from Tesla and if they have my configuration in Atlanta, I can definitely make it work before 9//30, which is of course what they want.

I suspect they sent many more of these texts than they actually have cars available, knowing that not everyone would be able to make it work on such short notice. So unfortunately guys, we are all competing with each other right now for a limited supply of cars. The good news is, for those of us who don’t take delivery by this weekend, it seems very reasonable to assume we should get them by the 2nd or 3rd week of October.

So it begins....

maxresdefault.jpg

I was originally scheduled for 10/5 at Rocklin but on Monday 9/24 I got a text saying I could get it as early as this Friday 9/28. I agreed and so far everything has come through.. VIN, MVPA, payment screen... Now the weird part.. I just got an email at 11pm asking If I would like to do home delivery instead:

Your new Tesla is now ready for delivery! We can drive it to your home, office or any location you would like at any time, day or night. We really do mean any location at any time; for example, an airport, birthday party, sporting event, shopping mall, park or even the beach.​

Please let us know when and where you would like us to deliver your car. If you are unable to take delivery of your car in the next few days, that’s no problem. We would be happy to reallocate this VIN to a different customer and manufacture another car for you at a later date. Unfortunately, due to high production volume and limited parking, we cannot store cars for longer than three days.​

As a reminder, Tesla financing is so simple and fast that it can done during the car delivery process itself. It comes with a best rate guarantee that is valid for seven days after you receive your car. If you obtain a better interest rate from another institution within seven days, Tesla will credit you the difference.​

We are also happy to pick up and take your trade-in vehicle when we deliver your Tesla, or at another time.​

Thank you,​

I got the same email. Wasn’t thrilled with the “cannot store cars more than 3 days” part since I had just finalized my appt for this weekend. Not sure what to think, forwarded back to my DA. W

I got the text so I’ll repeat this in case it helps...I’m Dedham, Ma pickup.

7/28 Ordered MSM non-p AWD Aeros (didn’t let me use original res from 3/31/16)
8/10-13 Added FSD (I show 8/10 T shows 8/13)
9/14 edit button was gone
9/14 financing app opened and approved
9/14 I have an IDA assigned
9/17 confirmed finance stuff
9/23 noticed finance had “reset” as had my checkboxes on website. (Not the same “no vin” change everyone is talking about - my finance went from green to gray)
9/24 confirmed with IDA finance ok, no vin,
but heavy matching ops underway. I refused to ask for a ballpark date, but I discussed an Oct trip and we expected it to be on my return.
9/25 11:09p ET got text , replied, nothing since. Website looks same as if ever did. Mailed IDA to see if it was a mistake.

Now we wait.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I got a text yesterday night asking if I will take delivery between 09/26 and 09/30. I had to decide and reply yes or no asap.
I just did the configuration this saturday and don't have the financing done yet.
What do you all recommend

Model 3 AWD Black, FSD
Feb - place order
09/22 - configuration completed

More details on mine... I'll be calling the store shortly as it just opened and I'm waiting to finish a conference call at work.

At any rate... edit-design URL stopped working. Looks like it's the real deal at least for me.

Mine still works :(

LOL the hold time on Tesla's 88 number is already greater than 20 minutes. Normally I can get through immediately at this time of day. Looks like a lot of people got those texts.

no text for me.

i did get a call from someone from Fremont yesterday. freaked out a little bit but it turned out to be a wrong number, i guess, from a tesla recruiter trying to reach someone for a factory position.

I am still in wait mode. I did try to lock in financing before the end of the quarter and potential rate increase. well see if i can claim it before it runs out.

• Love
I woke up this morning to the same text it seems everyone else recieved. Came in at 11:20pm ET and I was sound asleep. When I read the text I was so excited I squealed like a 12 year old girl at a New Kids on the Block concert!

Replied at 6:06am ET that “yes, yes, YES!” I can take delivery b/t 6/26 and 6/30. I haven’t recieved a reply yet and honestly don’t think I will until at least noon ET. Assuming this person (her name is Deepika) is in Cali or Nevada she was working late last night (sent me the text at 8:20pm PT) and probably won’t be in until 9am PT today. I realize this is far from a done deal but am excited to finally have some contact from Tesla and if they have my configuration in Atlanta, I can definitely make it work before 9//30, which is of course what they want.

I suspect they sent many more of these texts than they actually have cars available, knowing that not everyone would be able to make it work on such short notice. So unfortunately guys, we are all competing with each other right now for a limited supply of cars. The good news is, for those of us who don’t take delivery by this weekend, it seems very reasonable to assume we should get them by the 2nd or 3rd week of October.
I tried calling that number, it's not a valid inbound phone number. I got the three tone "the number you called is not in service, please check the number and dial again".

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I got the same email. Wasn’t thrilled with the “cannot store cars more than 3 days” part since I had just finalized my appt for this weekend. Not sure what to think, forwarded back to my DA. W

Got the same email from last night at 10:58pm. Reply back with NO since my delivery is scheduled for this weekend. Also forwarded to my DA. They better not reschedule my appointment or give my VIN to another customer due to "parking" issue. Because my delivery is still within 3 days!!!

Got the same email from last night at 10:58pm. Reply back with NO since my delivery is scheduled for this weekend. Also forwarded to my DA. They better not reschedule my appointment or give my VIN to another customer due to "parking" issue. Because my delivery is still within 3 days!!!

so I got through to the main Tesla customer support # and they confirmed they sent the text and that I replied yes. Then I called the Mt. Kisco delivery center and they said they'd get back to me (and that this was real).... so wow I guess this might actually happen?!

(That said, my edit design backdoor still works. so who knows)
You're doing god's work!!!

Unbelievable. My DC literally said "What text?" when I called them. I guess the main Tesla folks know what the DCs don't?

so I got through to the main Tesla customer support # and they confirmed they sent the text and that I replied yes. Then I called the Mt. Kisco delivery center and they said they'd get back to me (and that this was real).... so wow I guess this might actually happen?!

(That said, my edit design backdoor still works. so who knows)
Nice!! I'm currently on hold with tesla customer support since Mt Kisco transferred me.

• Love
You're doing god's work!!!

Unbelievable. My DC literally said "What text?" when I called them. I guess the main Tesla folks know what the DCs don't?
I'll believe it when the delivery center actually calls me. The poor guy I talked to at Mt. Kisco was a sales guy who literally seemed frazzled 5 minutes into his work day. Said the delivery staff has been running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I couldn't just be chill after all. I called this morning to see what was going on. I also reiterated how easy this delivery should be (no trade-in, cash, I'm already familiar with the car, willing to pick it up or stick w/ home delivery). The person reached out to my deliver advisor and he told me I should get a new appointment soon and I was told it shouldn't be long. Seven hours later I get a text from a different person saying they were my delivery asking me to pick an appointment date and time. I now have an appointment for 9/26 (again) this time at noon. I see it is reflected on my account, now waiting for Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) or instructions on how to pay. I don't know if the call helped or not. Fingers crossed.

I just noticed on my account it said 9/28 noon versus the text exchange of noon on Wednesday. I was so excited yesterday that 9/28 didn't register as not Wed. Now I'm on hold to figure which one it is.

• Informative
I got the text.

Called the delivery center and they had no idea what I was talking about. She put me on hold and came back and said they are being told to tell anyone who got the text to stand by to be contacted in the next couple of days. She said there is no VIN assignment or anything else different.

I asked how much notice I will have because I need to get financing, and she said she doesn't know. Awesome.

So, I think I should change my financing to be through Tesla, since that would remove the problem of having to get the dollars from my bank to Tesla with a potential 24-36 hour turn around time, or less, on a weekend no less. But I don't want to change anything on the account for fear of screwing something up.

Tesla has seriously made me neurotic. I used to be pretty cool...

#teslafail