Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just contacted thr Tesla Customer Servuce, they said the text is legit and sent form Tesla. Rep said Tesla had some extra vehicle that matches by exact confidant is want to check if I’m ready to pick up. He sad I did right thing by replying YES. He told me local DELIVERY Agent will contact me soon with more info

Reactions: webdbbt
Got the same email from last night at 10:58pm. Reply back with NO since my delivery is scheduled for this weekend. Also forwarded to my DA. They better not reschedule my appointment or give my VIN to another customer due to "parking" issue. Because my delivery is still within 3 days!!!
OK, I talked to a human. EVERYBODY got that text and it doesn't necessarily mean you will have a car by the 30th. It's a shotgun tactic by Tesla to see if they can grab some extra booked revenue for the quarter. Don't everybody get aroused over it.

I got a text yesterday night asking if I will take delivery between 09/26 and 09/30. I had to decide and reply yes or no asap.
I just did the configuration this saturday and don't have the financing done yet.
What do you all recommend

Model 3 AWD Black, FSD
Feb - place order
09/22 - configuration completed
It was a shotgun / flare to see if they have people ready to close the transaction.

Reactions: S5S5G6
Got the same email from last night at 10:58pm. Reply back with NO since my delivery is scheduled for this weekend. Also forwarded to my DA. They better not reschedule my appointment or give my VIN to another customer due to "parking" issue. Because my delivery is still within 3 days!!!

I replied back with some questions. We'll see if they actually respond.

If the car comes off of a truck and within a reasonable time window, I will accept. If it's like scheduling cable service and they are driving the car to me, I will pass.

Nothing has changed on my account page and nothing has come through email wise since then... obviously it's still early in the AM on the west coast.

OK, I talked to a human. EVERYBODY got that text and it doesn't necessarily mean you will have a car by the 30th. It's a shotgun tactic by Tesla to see if they can grab some extra booked revenue for the quarter. Don't everybody get aroused over it.

yeah this seems most likely. Probably these are cars that were matched to buyers that could not take delivery for whatever reason before the end of the quarter (not necessarily reject cars, just cars that weren't committed to a 9/30 or earlier delivery) -- with a single keystroke they find all the buyers that are willing to move heaven and earth (and have the financing/cash on hand) to make it happen by end of quarter.

No text here either. Ordered 7/7/18 and haven’t heard a thing :(

Scratch that–just got the text! Does seem like it is going to almost everyone, but the way it is worded is interesting; makes it seem like they actually have a car at the delivery center that matches, but that can't be true for everyone.

Like, you JUST got it? Or you got it last night? Interesting if they're still firing them off.

Yep, I just got one too, so it seems like they are still going.

All right, first post.

I also got the text message, from a 929 area code approximately 1130 Eastern time last night. I had a full back-and-forth conversation:

Hello! This is Dylan from Tesla. Our logistics team has confirmed that a Model 3 that matches your order will possibly be available this week. Would you be available to take delivery between 9/26 and 9/30?

Hello, I can possibly take delivery the 27th. Would this be in Orlando?

Thank you for your reply! A Tesla representative will be reaching out to you shortly to confirm next steps once we get a firm date from our logistics team. Just in case, would any other dates work for you?

I could do early AM on the 28th, before 10am. I am traveling out of town this weekend.

Ok great thanks!

I received the same text message again about 30 Minutes ago from a 510 area code. I provided the same initial response, but have not heard back on that text thread.

Jan 18 rsv
8/7 order
AWD LR
MSM
18’s
Black
EAP

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt and S5S5G6