Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up this morning to the same text it seems everyone else recieved. Came in at 11:20pm ET and I was sound asleep. When I read the text I was so excited I squealed like a 12 year old girl at a New Kids on the Block concert!
Ha Ha that was me. My text came in at 10:53PM. I was brushing my teeth and my activity tracker buzzed and said new text message from Tesla Delivery...
I ran across the bedroom and flung myself across my wife to get to my cell. She's a great lady so all she said was "You're crazy"

As is the case in Rocklin, Tesla has rent 2 dusty lots to warehouse inventory as a supplement to the SC during this end-of-quarter push. I suspect that is the driver for the scheduling of home deliveries so they can reduce the bottleneck that is now at the SCs
The other point is, for those Ford Chevy dealerships, what's the mean price of inventory? Whats the market for a $30,000 car vs a $60,000 car. The economy of scale just does not favor the $60,000 car.

View attachment 338211 So out manic curiosity and the fact that waiting for this car has made it so I can only sleep very little, I just logged into my account to find the following request to pay the final amount. Is this normal for Utah deliveries? No currently scheduled delivery since they canceled my Friday delivery. Also no final MVPA on my account.

Hahaha... I just realized I said “normal” related to Tesla deliveries
When I picked up my car, I just took a cashiers check for the final amount as estimated on the page you are looking at.

The guy before me paid with a personal check and they were fine with that. :eek:

• Helpful
Reactions: S5S5G6
Hahaha... I just realized I said “normal” related to Tesla deliveries

Yeah... not only is 'normal' no longer in the rearview mirror... we lost it over the horizon...

I have a feeling that most people that got the texts won't be receiving their cars in the 26-30 window.

'Hey, how many people are actually ready to take delivery?'

'I dunno... tell everyone their car is ready this week and see what happens'

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 9.23.03 AM.png

Last edited:
Got a response text from the same number this morning telling me that the delivery center would be contacting me within a day or two to hammer out details. I was going to arrange financing for about 35k on the car, not sure if there would be enough time to do that if this is for real.
I JUST got a similar response, it came from the same 510 number that sent the first text:

Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery​

But my reply last night said I could only take delivery today or tomorrow.:eek:

• Funny
Reactions: austinmichaeld
Me too. 5:30 Friday. Called service center and was told I was a "place holder". Waiting to see if my exact configuration happens to get delivered in the next 2 days. No car,no VIN, nothing from the schedulers in California.

Dan
Yes, If the AWD has the high sorted motor, then it is performance comparable. So AWD high motor and performance without +package are the same car except software. I expect they ship cars as AWD to us "place holders" and then if they get a performance order they change the car by activating the performance software in it and we are then out of a car till the next one is built.

I just noticed something odd. My MVPA is now updated, still looking good for getting the car tomorrow morning. I printed out the MVPA and noticed that it had my deposit listed correctly, but it had listed the entire remaining amount in "customer down payment" and showed "Amount due from Buyer" as $0.00. I am picking up a cashiers check from my bank to take with me, but I hope the fact that the MVPA actually shows a due amount of 0 will not hold up the process to get the car. I printed it out to give them a laugh, but I do know I have to pay the money before I get my car. Anyone else see this hickup on your MVPA?
An additional MVPA question. What was the odometer reading showing on your MVPA? Was it accurate? My paranoia is running rampant. I have 50 miles on the MVPA under odometer, my VIN is a little older (070xxx compared to others I have read with VIN numbers in the 090xxx range or higher) Is this a car that has been driven and rejected by someone? Do I need to inspect it with an ultra fine tooth comb? Am I just being silly?

Me too. 5:30 Friday. Called service center and was told I was a "place holder". Waiting to see if my exact configuration happens to get delivered in the next 2 days. No car,no VIN, nothing from the schedulers in California.
Dan

Yeah Dan, I just called the Alpharetta SC and spoke with Katie. Man does she sound tired, poor girl. Anyway she told me I was a “placeholder” just like you. Basically the central logistics team (or whatever they are called) at the Tesla mother ship is trying to locate a match for us and see if they can direct it to our SC. If they can do so within a few days we will get another text or call establishing a firm delivery and at that point we can get VIN and financing paperwork etc. If not, then basically tough buns and you wait some more. My words, not hers.

I still have not heard back from my Tesla Texter after replying this morning, so I just sent another text asking for an update. Not really expecting anything. At this point if I get my car this weekend then great and yay me. If not it seems I should reasonably get it within a few more weeks and I can live with that.

Tesla indeed has a communication intelligence of a squirrel.

Yesterday night, very late, (which i thought was the eve of the delivery) a third person has contacted me by email soliciting to schedule a delivery, all the while showing no knowledge that delivery has already been scheduled and confirmed multiple times with multple people in his organization (email, MVPA, and my account). I explained to him/her that there were already two most recent confirmed appointment date/times made. He replies, something like, uhm, we'll keep the previous one (which one? the one before that last one? so the most recent confirmed one is no-go now??), and ... crickets... crickets... today is one of the dates meanwhile...

ok i just will make us available at both dates and times. With squirrels do what squirrels can realistically be expected to do... Set the traps and hope at least one of them will stop by... :)

Note that i even don't ever try to contact them and get something promised from them ahead of their time or anything that might mess their act.They screw themselves up entirely on their own initiative.

what a mess

Last edited:
80 hour till delivery. No VIN No contact

Still waiting
I got my vin 2 days before delivery. I got my mvpa the night before. I’m leaving in 10 minutes for a 2 hour drive to Portland to get my car. Excited doesn’t describe how I feel. Hang in there, I believe there’s so many people involved in ones persons delivery. Hang in there

This is important as it reflects more in-depth background. This is the written response I received just now from my DA.

Yes, the text message you received is legitimate. The text message you receive is coming from a new team that will be matching you with a car of your configuration. As previously discussed I do not have visibility on what type of cars these are (rematches or fresh cars), just that there are now cars available for delivery. With that being said you will want to quickly respond to that text. Additionally the new team will be assisting with getting you a delivery date and time with getting you matched with your VIN.

As always if you do have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out, but most of your communication should take place through the new team.

This is important as it reflects more in-depth background. This is the written response I received just now from my DA.

Yes, the text message you received is legitimate. The text message you receive is coming from a new team that will be matching you with a car of your configuration. As previously discussed I do not have visibility on what type of cars these are (rematches or fresh cars), just that there are now cars available for delivery. With that being said you will want to quickly respond to that text. Additionally the new team will be assisting with getting you a delivery date and time with getting you matched with your VIN.

As always if you do have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out, but most of your communication should take place through the new team.

I see thanks for the update! so I guess its a waiting game to see when I get a reply text back from Tesla!

An additional MVPA question. What was the odometer reading showing on your MVPA? Was it accurate? My paranoia is running rampant. I have 50 miles on the MVPA under odometer, my VIN is a little older (070xxx compared to others I have read with VIN numbers in the 090xxx range or higher) Is this a car that has been driven and rejected by someone? Do I need to inspect it with an ultra fine tooth comb? Am I just being silly?

All MVPAs will show 50 miles. My car had 10 on the odo when I picked up.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I just noticed something odd. My MVPA is now updated, still looking good for getting the car tomorrow morning. I printed out the MVPA and noticed that it had my deposit listed correctly, but it had listed the entire remaining amount in "customer down payment" and showed "Amount due from Buyer" as $0.00. I am picking up a cashiers check from my bank to take with me, but I hope the fact that the MVPA actually shows a due amount of 0 will not hold up the process to get the car. I printed it out to give them a laugh, but I do know I have to pay the money before I get my car. Anyone else see this hickup on your MVPA?
No, they aren't selling seconds. Your car, when it is your car, is under warranty. When was the last time you bought anything that was perfect!