Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah Dan, I just called the Alpharetta SC and spoke with Katie. Man does she sound tired, poor girl. Anyway she told me I was a “placeholder” just like you. Basically the central logistics team (or whatever they are called) at the Tesla mother ship is trying to locate a match for us and see if they can direct it to our SC. If they can do so within a few days we will get another text or call establishing a firm delivery and at that point we can get VIN and financing paperwork etc. If not, then basically tough buns and you wait some more. My words, not hers.

I still have not heard back from my Tesla Texter after replying this morning, so I just sent another text asking for an update. Not really expecting anything. At this point if I get my car this weekend then great and yay me. If not it seems I should reasonably get it within a few more weeks and I can live with that.
Did you answer with a simple Yes or No?

I got the text.

Called the delivery center and they had no idea what I was talking about. She put me on hold and came back and said they are being told to tell anyone who got the text to stand by to be contacted in the next couple of days. She said there is no VIN assignment or anything else different.

I asked how much notice I will have because I need to get financing, and she said she doesn't know. Awesome.

So, I think I should change my financing to be through Tesla, since that would remove the problem of having to get the dollars from my bank to Tesla with a potential 24-36 hour turn around time, or less, on a weekend no less. But I don't want to change anything on the account for fear of screwing something up.

Tesla has seriously made me neurotic. I used to be pretty cool...

#teslafail
I suspect, on the how much time question, it depends. By that I mean if you got called Fri afternoon and told they will have a car Monday would you be ready to do a delivery, and you needed financing, the answer would likely be they couldn't hold it whereas, if it were today, there is still a couple of days in the work week to acquire financing. Further, I suspect Monday the world will shift again as the Q3 quarter will have closed so the rush to book revenue no later than Sun would be removed. The salient thing that my DA told me is this new group is taking over delivery responsibilities and matching those waiting with cars. They, likely request a car through their inventory system. whether it is (re)routed to your SC or ordered in the manufacturing system will likely be opaque to the buyer. No company wants excessive inventory. They want JIT manufacturing. I suspect the backlog is drained or all but drained so they are transitioning fulfillment to JIT model.

I said just, “yes” but after I gave a long-winded response. Haven’t gotten confirmation yet. Did you only say, “yes” and nothing else at all?
I did the long-winded thing (isn't that the only way?) right after the text was received, heard nothing. Answered YES this morning and within hour received the canned "someone will contact you in the next year" message.

Not holding my breath... but I am hyperventilating.

giphy.gif
BEST attitude E V E R! Do you remember the movie The Judge with Robert Downey Jr? The daughter comes out to visit him and he wants her to tell his estranged soon-to-be ex-wife it was the best vacation ever, "BEST vacation E V E R!" Your post made me think of that line!

I said just, “yes” but after I gave a long-winded response. Haven’t gotten confirmation yet. Did you only say, “yes” and nothing else at all?
So when you're retired you have time to think about stuff. I have a question.
Do you have a "smart" phone?
Did you give Tesla that number?
OK, two questions. I was musing over the day 1 people who have "slipped" through the crack. Why? One possible reason occurred to me and, oddly, I was adversely affected by myself.
I have a house phone, 'land line'. Yes, I have a smart phone but that is largely for commuting, apps I've written for it, and Audible. I am not tethered to it as most young bunnies are. So in my profile on Tesla I gave them that phone and told them to use it as primary. They sent SMS (text) messages to my landline phone, which clearly doesn't work. It was quite by accident a couple weeks later I realized it by accident and switched my profile. The point being, they were trying to reach out to me but couldn't as they made false assumptions, "everybody is tethered to their smartphone".
So, perhaps, it's not so much their system is broken, (Well, it is but for other reasons) but they made an incredibly false assumption.

Reactions: SMAlset and S5S5G6
FWIW:

9/26 12:23p
- got the same ack message as the rest of y’all.
- I did reply “Yes” immediately to the first one last night.

Tempted to call my DC - but my fear is they’ll have a performance someone didn’t pick up and a free time slot tomorrow am haha.

I got my vin 2 days before delivery. I got my mvpa the night before. I’m leaving in 10 minutes for a 2 hour drive to Portland to get my car. Excited doesn’t describe how I feel. Hang in there, I believe there’s so many people involved in ones persons delivery. Hang in there
Tricia, I am so happy for you! I'll have a 2 1/2 hr drive to get mine. Which sucks....however, it'll be a 2 1/2 hr drive home to calibrate the sensors and play with different settings and road types. There will, more than likely, be some 1980's U2 in there somewhere! Let us know how it goes...went.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
I replied back with some questions. We'll see if they actually respond.

If the car comes off of a truck and within a reasonable time window, I will accept. If it's like scheduling cable service and they are driving the car to me, I will pass.

Nothing has changed on my account page and nothing has come through email wise since then... obviously it's still early in the AM on the west coast.

I hope they just give away my VIN to someone else! Their communication has been horrible.

So when you're retired you have time to think about stuff. I have a question.
Do you have a "smart" phone?
Did you give Tesla that number?
OK, two questions. I was musing over the day 1 people who have "slipped" through the crack. Why? One possible reason occurred to me and, oddly, I was adversely affected by myself.
I have a house phone, 'land line'. Yes, I have a smart phone but that is largely for commuting, apps I've written for it, and Audible. I am not tethered to it as most young bunnies are. So in my profile on Tesla I gave them that phone and told them to use it as primary. They sent SMS (text) messages to my landline phone, which clearly doesn't work. It was quite by accident a couple weeks later I realized it by accident and switched my profile. The point being, they were trying to reach out to me but couldn't as they made false assumptions, "everybody is tethered to their smartphone".
So, perhaps, it's not so much their system is broken, (Well, it is but for other reasons) but they made an incredibly false assumption.
You are absolutely right on that one. I had been waiting over a week for the home delivery team to contact me. Got a phone call yesterday and the Tesla employee I spoke to said he had been trying to text me for a few days. I now have VIN, delivery next week. Temporary license arrived in the mail today. If your still waiting, you might want to change the phone in your profile to one that gets text messages.