Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An hour after I was told I'd receive a call back, and just 20 minutes before my scheduled delivery time, the same Delivery Advisor I spoke with earlier today actually called me back to let me know that the car was in the process of being detailed and would be driven over right afterwards. She said that my delivery window was actually 4-6 PM, so the car should arrive during that time.

About 5 minutes after 6 I finally got a call from a Maryland phone number and was told that he was just leaving the Delivery Center and would be there in about 15 minutes. Nearly 45 minutes later he showed up but had no where to park since it's Chicago on a Saturday night and all the spots on my street were taken. He was holding up traffic on my one-way street so I hopped in the passenger side and we drove down the block and around to my alley. Turns out he is from DC and works for Tesla's solar division and was offered the opportunity to fly out to Chicago and help with deliveries for the week. He took the free trip to a city he's never visited, but that he's personally delivered upwards of 100 cars over the past week and is working 12 hour shifts. He didn't seem all that knowledgeable about the vehicle (couldn't figure out why it wouldn't show up in my mobile app, I discovered it was because mobile access was disabled in the settings). We went through paperwork as quickly as I could sign because I was eager to take it for a quick drive before my wife left me with the kids for the evening.

Unfortunately, the sun had already set by this time so I used a flashlight and exterior garage light to inspect fit/finish as best as I could. I will have to get a closer look in the morning, but everything seemed to be in order around panels and headlights. I drove around the neighborhood for about 5-10 minutes to test blinkers (don't appear to be affected by steering module issue floating around), then came home and setup garage Homelink, practiced backing into my tight garage spot, and got connected to my wifi network to download the latest software update. AutoPilot was only about 60% calibrated at this point, but I heading up north tomorrow with the family so I will get some highway driving before the Monday morning commute.

The littlest one finally passed out so I'm going to go plug in the mobile charger and mess around with in-car settings. I might do a little review / writeup in a few days and also include some pictures and feedback on what the car is like as a family car (setup with rear-facing toddler seat and newborn carseat) since there wasn't much available on that subject when I was first doing my research.

The DA helping me at Fremont Delivery Center allowed my family and I to sit in the VIN they found for us for 1+ hours while they drew up my 2016 Model X early lease return, Model 3 MVPA, etc. It was long enough to complete the entire online Model 3 delivery checklist. They just asked me to "please don't drive it off the lot" because the keycards were in it! :cool:

Showed up an hour early at MDR and they took care of right away. They wouldn't let me see the car until it's all signed, but since there was only 2 silvers on the lot, and the other was white seats. I knew the one with the black interior was mine. Went over to inspect it while the DA went to get more paper works. Turned out there were many minor paint defects but one major one under the clear coat that they couldn't fix. I will have to bring it into a service center and schedule an appointment for a body shop. I don't mind since it was in the door jam and SC will loan me a Model S or X.

The DA helping me at Fremont Delivery Center allowed my family and I to sit in the VIN they found for us for 1+ hours while they drew up my 2016 Model X early lease return, Model 3 MVPA, etc. It was long enough to complete the entire online Model 3 delivery checklist. They just asked me to "please don't drive it off the lot" because the keycards were in it! :cool:

I didn't mind signing and then look. Tesla is very fair and would probably not process the contract if I didn't like the car. Forgot to add build quality is excellent. Way better than my early build MSM. Just poor paint. Also, the paint defects on my MSM is also on newer MSMs on the lot.

I received a text message from Tesla delivery rep stating my 7 pm pick up in Fremont was cancelled.. at that time I had not gotten a VIN...ten minutes later I got a VIN in the 94k and a delivery date sometime between now and November.. very puzzled by why my car has been assigned but not delivered.. millions of possibilities I guess

They wouldn't let me see the car until it's all signed...Turned out there were many minor paint defects but one major one under the clear coat that they couldn't fix.

Gee - I wonder why they wouldn't let you see the paperwork or car beforehand? (heavy sarcasm)

I'm sorry, but this whole nonsense of not letting customers see the product before entering into a binding purchase contract is shady as HELL. Tesla is handling this whole quarter-end/delivery rush like complete and utter stinking $hit!

On my end, going on 4 failed delivery appointments and now no VIN. I got fed up with the empty promises and incompetence and drove down to the Bellevue SC this morning to do anything I could to move my delivery along. I sold my car 2 weeks ago in anticipation of a smooth purchase, so I had to call an Uber both ways ($75 round trip).

After sitting in the lobby for over 45 minutes, I was finally escalated to the Regional Delivery Manager of the Pacific NW and Western Canada. She was on-site in Bellevue, WA helping with the rush and was brought over to handle my issue.

She seemed super nice, genuinely concerned and apologized for everything. She said she too was 'extremely disappointed' and would personally hand-hold things from here to make it right. "Awesome", I thought. "Someone who can actually get things done".

At first, she came across as accountable and upfront; someone who had earned her position at Tesla. She said she couldn't guarantee the same car/VIN, but she could guarantee a re-match by the close of business today as they had a 2 blue/white P3Ds available and ready for transport in Fremont. She also promised me an update via e-mail by no later than 5pm.

Welllllp - 5pm rolls around and guess what? Big surprise; no phone call, no email, nothing. She gave me her word. And this is from what I'd consider to be a person in a leadership role with at least 'some' operational accountability and influence over deliveries. She's the #()@%ing Regional Delivery Manager for crying out loud!

Anyway, I tried calling the SC at ~5:30pm and asked for her by name and was put on hold. 20-25 minutes later the line disconnected (e.g. they hung up on me). When I tried to call again I was routed to the "currently closed/mailbox full" recording. Awesome!

Moral of the story: my $75k cashiers check, customer satisfaction and numerous hours trying to resolve this means little to anyone at Tesla, either locally or regionally. They simply dont seem to give a flying #uck about their customers.

/rant off

Last edited:
I am now a Model 3 owner. Showed up to Highland Park at 5:30 tonight for 6:00pm appointment and found....mass chaos. Showroom packed with people, some with 2pm appointments and no luck. A lot of unhappy campers. I found a rep who could not find me on list, so she disappeared to try and get info. 10 minutes later she brought me to another rep. We went out to inspect trade in and get odometer reading, then back inside to do paperwork. Other than asking how I would pay $8000 (I owed nothing), he fixed paperwork quickly and signing took 5-10 minutes. 10 minutes later car magically appeared outside showroom. We went out to inspect. Rep said car had just been detailed and was perfect. We stepped inside car and went over some basics and 10 minutes later I was driving away. Have calibrated auto pilot and the car is smooth and fast and fun and comfortable. The regen braking is the thing I’ll have to get used to most, but this car is fun!!!!! Can’t wait to wake up tomorrow and drive anywhere!!!
Congratulations! After a 12 hour day, we also have our M3 from Highland Park. We left home at 10:30 am, got down there at 1:30 pm for a 2:00 appointment. Checked in, were told they were running 1-2 hours late, so we went and had lunch. Got back at 2:45, checked in again, were told it would be about another hour. At about 4:45 an employee had us sign 2 sheets of paper. She did not request our drivers licenses or our proof of insurance. She said our car was being detailed and someone would be with us soon. At 5:30 my husband went to inquire and a volunteer took us to our car which was under a tent and showed us the features. He said he had an S and currently has an X, so he does not have personal experience with the M3, but he did a great job. Even helped us inspect it for paint flaws (of which we only found one very small one). Another Tesla employee came out, was surprised to learn we had the key, taped a temporary registration to the window, apologized for the wait and said they were giving us 1 year of free supercharging to make up for it. At 6 pm we headed home. Because it only had 44% charge, we couldn’t make it all the way home, so we stopped at a super charger, which was fine-gave us a chance to try supercharging for the first time, and to grab some dinner. My husband noticed auto pilot has been turned on, even though we didn’t order EAP. It does lane changes, summoning, TACC, etc. Not sure what’s up with that, but we’re not complaining. Guessing they’re giving us a 30 day trial? Pulled into our driveway at 10:30 pm. What a day! But we’d do it all over again! It’s an amazing car and we’re both in love with it.

Attachments

• 2D7D3BA8-3F97-4D5E-A1C5-FC84DD6BB853.jpeg
    2D7D3BA8-3F97-4D5E-A1C5-FC84DD6BB853.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 101
Glad you had a good experience after patiently waiting so long!

The AWD I picked up at Fremont Delivery Center late last night had EAP (Autopilot) enabled in the software, but the sticker didn't include it. I ended-up paying for it anyway since it was part of my configuration they did their best to match to a local inventory car. We had to settle for a black interior instead of white. Pro: black is more durable color-wise; Con: we think a Pearl White car with a white interior just looks better.

Congratulations! After a 12 hour day, we also have our M3 from Highland Park. We left home at 10:30 am, got down there at 1:30 pm for a 2:00 appointment. Checked in, were told they were running 1-2 hours late, so we went and had lunch. Got back at 2:45, checked in again, were told it would be about another hour. At about 4:45 an employee had us sign 2 sheets of paper. She did not request our drivers licenses or our proof of insurance. She said our car was being detailed and someone would be with us soon. At 5:30 my husband went to inquire and a volunteer took us to our car which was under a tent and showed us the features. He said he had an S and currently has an X, so he does not have personal experience with the M3, but he did a great job. Even helped us inspect it for paint flaws (of which we only found one very small one). Another Tesla employee came out, was surprised to learn we had the key, taped a temporary registration to the window, apologized for the wait and said they were giving us 1 year of free supercharging to make up for it. At 6 pm we headed home. Because it only had 44% charge, we couldn’t make it all the way home, so we stopped at a super charger, which was fine-gave us a chance to try supercharging for the first time, and to grab some dinner. My husband noticed auto pilot has been turned on, even though we didn’t order EAP. It does lane changes, summoning, TACC, etc. Not sure what’s up with that, but we’re not complaining. Guessing they’re giving us a 30 day trial? Pulled into our driveway at 10:30 pm. What a day! But we’d do it all over again! It’s an amazing car and we’re both in love with it.

Reactions: WiscoRed and cct3
I had a slightly mixed experience:

• Day 0 reservation holder (Bay Area but in Seattle now)
  • Placed order on 8/17/18 for MSM, AWD, 19", EAP
  • Offered to take delivery almost two weeks later but couldn't since I was out most of September
  • Finally offered (on 9/21) to take home delivery on 9/28 - VIN appeared soon after 9/21
  • 9/28 arrived and received final MVPA but never got the call for the scheduled delivery and day passed
  • Weird that they'd rush you to pay then go silent
  • WTF - called today 9/29 and was informed that the car was here (Seattle) and awaiting a courier to bring it to me (3rd party)
  • Was then advised by the call center that I could take a look see if they will allow me to pick up and circumvent the home delivery
  • They did!!! Very cordial and patient staff (although clearly overworked)
  • Picked it up after a brief 30min wait - one paint issue that they had already marked on the car and they will be fixing at a later date
  • So not too bad since I took delivery a day later - looking forward to doing more exploratory driving tomorrow
Good luck out there - be patient. It'll pay off

(first post - it has been equally fun and agonizing to read all the experiences here)

I'm sorry, but this whole nonsense of not letting customers see the product before entering into a binding purchase contract is shady as HELL. Tesla is handling this whole quarter-end/delivery rush like complete and utter stinking $hit!

I really believe they did that to speed things up. I also believe he would have tore up the contract and thrash it if I didn't accept the car. He doesn't care if I or you take the car or not. He gets $0 commissions either way. I think he would rather lean into consumer happiness then strike a shady deal for $0 extra money in his pocket.

It wasn't a big deal, but am upset that QA let this paint mark out of the factory. This is under the clearcoat.

Attachments

• 20180929_235348.jpg
    20180929_235348.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 55
After taking delivery a little over a week ago I feel like it is time to share.

First, the timeline

Bay Area reservation: 3/31/16 ~10:30am
Invited to config: 3/1/2018
Initial config: 4/25/2018
Deferred for AWD: 5/20/2018
Confirmed AWD config: 6/27/2018
Added white interior: 7/27/2018

Config:
AWD
MSM
White Interior
19" Sport
EAP

Attended Fremont delivery event 9/8/2018 and changed color to MCR and was also given a preliminary delivery date of 9/24/2018.

Received communication 9/14/2018 from Advisor to update and confirm information. No VIN yet.

VIN showed up on account 9/17/2018 and confirmed with ISA that I was all set for delivery 9/24/2018

Received SMS from Delivery Advisor on 9/18/2018 ~7:00pm to let me know that my car would be at the delivery center in Fremont a few days early and I could pick up as early as 9/20/2018.

Rescheduled for delivery date on 9/20/2018 at 4:45pm.

We arrived at the delivery center at about 4:25pm
Upon entering the parking lot I noticed a red m3 with white interior and sport wheels. Shortly after parking and walking over toward the front of the building I checked the VIN on the way and it was a match!

We were a bit early and I figured it would not hurt to spend some time looking at the vehicle before finding our host.
Panel gaps all looked good.
Headlights are even with the fender and hood.
No major paint issues. Just a few minor swirls on the hood and bumper, but very minor.
Very little dust or debris on the exterior so I don't think it was sitting there for long.
Checked my app and the car did not show up yet, but car was unlocked so we decided to check-in at the front podium and were greeted by a few different people along the way. Everyone was friendly and drinking the kool-aid.
At this point it was close to our appointment time and they said our host would come to greet us shortly.
We went back to the car and started checking out the interior.
Everything on the inside was very clean. No dirt, blemishes, just pristine.
Screen came on, A/C started working
Found USB cables, with instructions in center console.
Checked all the windows and doors, lighting, wipers, etc. All checked out good.
Checked that VIN on the display matched.
Noted 15 Miles on the odometer.
Noted 248 Miles charge on battery.

At this point our host came over to greet us and introduce himself.
He asked if we had any questions before we went inside and signed paperwork.
After finding no major issues we went in and sat down for a few minutes.

Signed the MVPA, DMV paperwork, and then did ACH transfer. The whole process was very quick and probably took about 10 minutes.
Once the payment went through they confirmed and asked me to open the app on my phone.
Car showed up immediately and we went back out to the car to go over features of the vehicle and get answers to any questions we had.

They helped pair my phone to bluetooth and set up mobile key.
I asked if I could spend more time doing a thorough inspection. They said no problem and offered to note anything that came up.

After checking everything I could top to bottom I found a few very minor issues.
The right side speaker wire in the trunk had electrical tape securing it to the inside of the fender. The tape had come loose. I could just tuck it back in myself but they noted it and took a picture.
The only other thing I could find was that the rubber seal on the bottom of the driver side door was very slightly bunched up in one spot. Not likely to cause any issues, but minor cosmetic defect. They took a photo and noted it.
Other than those very minor things I could not find any other issues.
At that point we said goodbye and went on our way.
The entire experience took just a little over 1 hour.

Post delivery experience
I wanted to give it a week after delivery before posting because I was waiting for the excitement to wear off, but to be honest that has not happened yet. I still get a smile every time I open the door and sit in the drivers seat. With some experience driving other electric cars I thought I knew what the experience was all about. The smooth and instant acceleration. The quiet ride, etc. To be honest though, nothing could prepare me for how much fun it is to drive the model 3. The acceleration is amazing, and the handling unlike anything I have experienced before. I was originally unsure about the value of getting EAP. Now that I have used it commuting to work all week I have to say it is amazing how much it takes the edge off my commute. It's not perfect yet, but surprisingly competent and really met and exceeded my expectations.

I know not everyone has had a good delivery experience, but I feel like it was an overall good experience and the car is well worth the wait.

One word of advice to those taking delivery soon and looking into paint correction and/or PPF....Schedule soon. It looks most of the decent shops in the Bay Area are scheduling well into 2019.

Might be my last post for a while as I should decompress for some time.

Took delivery yesterday and could not be more happy with the car. It is the most incredible car I’ve ever driven and there is no other vehicle on the planet I would rather own. Even money no object (well maybe a P3+ ;) )

All the stress for the weeks and months of reading horror stories about the final delivery had me paranoid, and in the end it was simple, not rushed, and very positive. I came a bit early, told them there was no rush, to remove stress from the employees who do look very tired but still smiling. I walked the lot, found my car not detailed, but not bad either. Just understandable due to transport. They had a separate group detailing cars and got on it once they had an opening and knew I was actually there. While I waited I chatted with a Tesla CS manager who was also picking up his car he was going to be part of the FSD test group. I laughed and said I didn't even get EAP. I was there about 2 hours and it was done quickly when I signed my papers, took off aero caps, and spent 10 minutes in the car getting acquainted before driving off for a romp up a local canyon.

I get the feeling the orders left can be delivered in 3-4 weeks and then they either need to increase their market by adding SR or shipping out of N.A. I bet they start the latter first, but we’ll see. Be patient and don’t think negative thoughts like I did leading up to it. The finish line really is close for those with orders in.

Might be my last post for a while as I should decompress for some time.

Took delivery yesterday and could not be more happy with the car. It is the most incredible car I’ve ever driven and there is no other vehicle on the planet I would rather own. Even money no object (well maybe a P3+ ;) )

All the stress for the weeks and months of reading horror stories about the final delivery had me paranoid, and in the end it was simple, not rushed, and very positive. I came a bit early, told them there was no rush, to remove stress from the employees who do look very tired but still smiling. I walked the lot, found my car not detailed, but not bad either. Just understandable due to transport. They had a separate group detailing cars and got on it once they had an opening and knew I was actually there. While I waited I chatted with a Tesla CS manager who was also picking up his car he was going to be part of the FSD test group. I laughed and said I didn't even get EAP. I was there about 2 hours and it was done quickly when I signed my papers, took off aero caps, and spent 10 minutes in the car getting acquainted before driving off for a romp up a local canyon.

I get the feeling the orders left can be delivered in 3-4 weeks and then they either need to increase their market by adding SR or shipping out of N.A. I bet they start the latter first, but we’ll see. Be patient and don’t think negative thoughts like I did leading up to it. The finish line really is close for those with orders in.

Congrats and Good Update, thanks for sharing and enjoy the new car. I have mentioned multiple times that all the existing backlog will be cleared by end of Oct even if Tesla deliver 70-75% of what they did in Sept. I think it's matter of transportation from factory to delivery center at this point as there may be at least 10,000+ M3 produced but not yet delivered from Q3. Hope Tesla schedule the deliveries sensibly based on realistic timeline to avoid the mess we had in the past few weeks. Inspite of all the issues, I think Tesla did great to deliver 3 times of M3 from Q2 using the same apparatus for the most part. Time to thank those tireless employees who supported the company in the crisis time.

Happy to be reading so many positive delivery stories this weekend. I wonder if this thread will slow down a lot now since so many on it have take delivery. At any rate, I woke up this morning to something new on my Tesla account. Still no VIN but I have finally advanced to the "we are drafting your contract and will contact you soon with final details" stage. After being part of the "delivery scheduled, delivery cancelled" group this weekend, I'm still pretty confident I will get my car in the next few weeks. All is well.

Congrats! Sorry I missed you. Was looking for someone dressed all in red......your car looks gorgeous! Great shot. Sorry you had to wait so long. Not sure why I got pushed through so fast, although my original time yesterday went from 1:30 to 6. Did they give you copy of paperwork? Trying to decide where to drive today (does it really matter?). Enjoy!

Reactions: S5S5G6
Gee - I wonder why they wouldn't let you see the paperwork or car beforehand? (heavy sarcasm)

On my end, going on 4 failed delivery appointments and now no VIN. I got fed up with the empty promises and incompetence and drove down to the Bellevue SC this morning to do anything I could to move my delivery along. I sold my car 2 weeks ago in anticipation of a smooth purchase, so I had to call an Uber both ways ($75 round trip).

After sitting in the lobby for over 45 minutes, I was finally escalated to the Regional Delivery Manager of the Pacific NW and Western Canada. She was on-site in Bellevue, WA helping with the rush and was brought over to handle my issue.

She seemed super nice, genuinely concerned and apologized for everything. She said she too was 'extremely disappointed' and would personally hand-hold things from here to make it right. "Awesome", I thought. "Someone who can actually get things done".

At first, she came across as accountable and upfront; someone who had earned her position at Tesla. She said she couldn't guarantee the same car/VIN, but she could guarantee a re-match by the close of business today as they had a 2 blue/white P3Ds available and ready for transport in Fremont. She also promised me an update via e-mail by no later than 5pm.

Welllllp - 5pm rolls around and guess what? Big surprise; no phone call, no email, nothing. She gave me her word. And this is from what I'd consider to be a person in a leadership role with at least 'some' operational accountability and influence over deliveries. She's the #()@%ing Regional Delivery Manager for crying out loud!

Anyway, I tried calling the SC at ~5:30pm and asked for her by name and was put on hold. 20-25 minutes later the line disconnected (e.g. they hung up on me). When I tried to call again I was routed to the "currently closed/mailbox full" recording. Awesome!

Moral of the story: my $75k cashiers check, customer satisfaction and numerous hours trying to resolve this means little to anyone at Tesla, either locally or regionally. They simply dont seem to give a flying #uck about their customers.

/rant off
There is a simple solution, walk away. Too many of the people on or were on this particular forum feel entitled! A smudge on tthe glass, a scratch on the side or bottom, a crack in the moon roof, refuse the car. That amounts to wasting their time. They are trying to close out the fiscal quarter. When you sign the paperwork it's your car and they will fix it. or wait until they sell three or four cars a day and then they can have the time to placate your whims. from the way some have spoken on here I believe they actually brought micrometers to delivery.

There is a simple solution, walk away. Too many of the people on or were on this particular forum feel entitled! A smudge on tthe glass, a scratch on the side or bottom, a crack in the moon roof, refuse the car. That amounts to wasting their time. They are trying to close out the fiscal quarter. When you sign the paperwork it's your car and they will fix it. or wait until they sell three or four cars a day and then they can have the time to placate your whims. from the way some have spoken on here I believe they actually brought micrometers to delivery.

I am not talking about post-delivery, I'm talking about pre-delivery. I did everything on my end to honor the MVPA and prepare. Tesla didn't, and I am getting strung along...simple as that.

How am I supposed to 'walk away' when it clearly states the $3500 is not a deposit. From MVPA:

"If you cancel or default in this Agreement, you will not be refunded your Order Payment as it has already been earned
by us in taking and processing your order. You acknowledge that the Order Payment amount is a fair and reasonable estimate of the
actual damages that we have incurred or may incur as a result of your breach of this Agreement, damages that are otherwise
impracticable or extremely difficult to determine."

Tesla has definitely NOT earned my $3500 yet. Damages 'they' have incurred? Really? I call B.S.!

Reactions: 0mpg
I once was forced to take delivery of a 140k rv that had been side swiped by the dealership delivery driver .. in California a vehicle is still considered new even if it needs bodywork . It's a percentage of the final price versus cost for repairs. Bondo on cars from overseas shipping is common.

Rv needed 12k worth of new walls . Delamination and rubber roof seals all ruined .. the judge still made me take delivery and make payments.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
in California a vehicle is still considered new even if it needs bodywork
That is probably true in every state as new means never having been titled. So, yes, it's new if nobody every 'owned' it before. A demo vehicle, a 'loaner' vehicle is considered 'new'. I would have a hard time taking delivery of a vehicle that was physically deformed, not scratched not smeared but damaged. In that case yes, you'd have an argument to reject said vehicle unless it was in the contract an addendum that vehicle was damaged and seller will assume all costs associated with fixing it. Again, and I've said this before, it is a mistake for one to think the Chevy, Ford, Kia, Hyundai, GMC, etc are always pristine when they arrive at the dealership. The difference is, and this IS on Tesla, that the customer is allowed to see the vehicle before it is detailed. I had this conversation with, what will be, my service center (they cannot legally sell into CT) that if a vehicle is 'totaled' they will reject it before a customer sees it, if it is damage they can fix while the customer waits, they will free of charge, if it involves body work, they will provide a loaner. Very little is every black or white but if a car is deformed, that's different than the hood not being precisely centered, ala sub mm off. How many people go into GM, GMC, Ford, Kia etc with a micrometer?
This is just anecdotal, I wasn't there at the time, but if there is cause, Tesla does not enforce the non-refundable clause. If no vin has been assigned yet, they refund the money. However, if it is just "not perfect" then yes they have a right to.

I think the real issue is shoe-horning deliveries into 30 min/customer. That IS insane, but so is one taking a magnifying glass to every mm of the car.
For instance, when you buy a home, generally they aren't perfect. On walk-thru you and your agent make a punch list of things the builder will fix. As long as defects are documented, the builder is on the hook to fix them. Generally, so long as you don't alienate the builder, defects found after you move in, they will generally agree to fix. One could refuse to take delivery given only 30 mins..just say I can't make that window, I want it during the day, not at night. Or, I want delivery after Sept 30th. For myself, I want the SC to have had the car a couple of days giving them time to properly inspect the vehicle. But that's me.
I say this, not to challenge you, but to give others reading this something to consider. Given today IS the 30th, I am confident, starting tomorrow, for LR (P)AWD deliveries things will be different. For all those that did not get a car delivered in time, consider yourselves lucky. ;)

Does it mean anything when your next steps page changes to this:

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.
Who must be present at delivery?

All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, the registered owner must also be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

Your driver's license (for all registrants)
Copy of your current auto insurance (or proof of Tesla policy, if required)
Final payment (if you are picking up your vehicle in a Tesla sales licensed state)