Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply. I probably will call.
I got the text last week and called and they scheduled me for delivery and obviously cancelled.
My delivery advisor,who the scheduler assigned me last week when I called, has been very responsive. Says end of the month but no vin; just “your car is in Fremont and 10/29 to east coast. But “they’ll know more later.”
I’m actually a little concerned that many of us will not get before jan 1. Really that’s what I care about but would prefer to use my secured financing that expires 10/22

Yeah, definitely call a couple of numbers to check on your progress:
  1. 888-771-2505 - the "delivery hotline"
  2. Devon SC
At least you have a delivery adviser who talks to you. I'm not even aware of one being assigned to me.
But hopefully our cars are in the same transit group. I was told yesterday my car is in Chicago, then off to Jersey, and then should arrive at Devon on 10/23. *fingers crossed*

Both my CU and Tesla has said do not apply for financing until the car is about to be delivered. Too many Lucy and the Football moves appear to be taking place at Tesla. I'd wait until the service center tells you "we have your car prepped and ready for delivery" to apply.

Unfortunately, I pulled the trigger on the application last week after the *false* delivery appointment was scheduled for this past weekend. :oops:

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
How many people given a Oct 22nd date have gotten it unsolicited. In other words, they reached out to you as opposed to you reaching out to them? I mentioned the other day calling the delivery hot line and spoke with "Jim" he was constantly interrupting me and talking over me, saying "I know what you're about to say". WHAT?? No, he actually didn't but it was clear under that forced politeness he was seething. This whole thing started with me early Sept with a text my car was enroute via train, a DA was assigned, and to call to set up an appointment for delivery.
What troubles me about the end of Sept, "opps, my bad" we don't have a car matching your order is that, it appears, either they never did so why the text, or it was given to someone else.. For me, that's unforgivable. It's just ****ing with customers. I suspect all these Oct 22nd dates are the same.

My late oct date was given when I enailed my ida.
He also basically said I have no idea why your first car was not delivered. Some note about mechanical issues.
That’s why I’m worried

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Here's hoping they learned their lesson and are taking a page from Apple. That is to under promise and over deliver. I'm told my car will arrive Oct 15th by my rep in Fremont. My SC said they want to schedule me for Oct 22nd. I'm hopeful it's closer to the former and my SC wants to provide a bit of wiggle room/cushion.

At least you're told something. They won't even communicate with me.

• Informative
I emailed my IDA(who had earlier scheduled me for 9/22) and he replied back immediately. He said that they have a VIN assigned to me and should expect delivery by end of Oct or beginning of Nov. He did not provide me a VIN number though.

I seriously don't know what to expect out of this.

My late oct date was given when I enailed my ida.
He also basically said I have no idea why your first car was not delivered. Some note about mechanical issues.
That’s why I’m worried
we have similar configuration and location (mine in NY). My original appointment mid-Sep was canceled ( VIN removed without any reason) after Tesla webpage prompted to apply for the loan. So I am in a similar situation with loan approval expiring Oct 14th. I have some delivery advisor assigned who would never contact ...so I just called delivery number, as of 30 min ago they didn't have any Blue AWD car in east cost or coming out of production or came out in last week or so.
Either your delivery advisor or the person I talked to on delivery hotline is LYING.

Unfortunately I secured the financing on aug 22 through my tesla account I didn’t know better
Oh yeah! Neither did I. Back then or earlier many people on here were saying, irrational exuberance, that while Tesla was saying 2-4 months they were getting 2-4 weeks. I thought I ought to secure, if not bona fide commitment at least a, sure, you're good stmt. It expired and when I mentioned it in my first convo with Tesla they said wait until you have an MVPA and VIN. Of course now you may not see an MVPA until you take delivery so that kinda won't work.
I am having a hard time getting past the texts to N people asking if they're prepared to take delivery then putting N/10 cars in the pipeline. I feel they're doing it again.

• Informative
Either your delivery advisor or the person I talked to on delivery hotline is LYING.
I have a problem with the use of the term lying. I think
1) They say anything to get you off the phone
2) they are saying what they believe or perceive to be truth, although if you don't have a car why give you a vin. But, if they don't assign VINs to within the last week it is a mistake to announce one prematurely.
3) I am really close to bagging the order, not because the car sucks but because it is becoming apparent the company does.

I emailed my IDA(who had earlier scheduled me for 9/22) and he replied back immediately. He said that they have a VIN assigned to me and should expect delivery by end of Oct or beginning of Nov. He did not provide me a VIN number though.

I seriously don't know what to expect out of this.
After speaking to her on the phone, my IDA sent me a detailed email regarding the delivery date and what I would need to bring. It also included a vin. It's kinda crazy how everyone's experience is all over the place. Some get vins without asking and some are refused outright.

One thing I will say to anyone who's order isn't moving, Tesla will probably not contact you. It's in your best interest to be proactive and reach out to them via the delivery hotline. The reps at the main customer service line don't seem to be able to help with anything but that's not the case with the delivery department.

so after being cancelled for delivery 9/29 I called today to see if there's any progress - and lo and behold they said I had been assigned a car that was just coming off the production line and that the VIN was assigned (of course they would not tell me). Somehow it will not get to New York until 10/27. Go figure. I am not holding my breath - not sure how/why it would take 24 days to get across the country. But as long as it gets here before 1/1/2019 I'm fine.
Well, maybe it IS actually happening this time.
For the first time, my backdoor edit link doesn't take me to the design page -- just kicks me back out to the main Tesla account page. Even when I had a scheduled delivery for 9/29 (that they subsequently cancelled) the backdoor edit link worked.

• Informative
isn't this intentionally providing inaccurate information to get off the phone and in one word "LYING"
Mia Culpa... I caught that as I was writing the second sentence.

Can a company this inept produce and service a quality car.
According to Teslanomics' Ben Sullins, the next embarrassing short-coming is parts, they have a parts delivery that makes their car delivery look good. <- my one sentence assessment of what Ben has said.

• Informative
Pearl White/black/AWD/18"/EAP
8/1 order

Looks like I'm getting a bit closer, too. After the canceled 9/30 delivery appointment (end of quarter madness text participant, here), my account opened up financing on Monday and my edit link disappeared. Called and said my car was built and ready to be transported from CA to NJ (October 21/22 estimated delivery date). I was hounded to update my 3rd party finance info, which I did this morning, and now have a VIN and MVPA. Contact only with the IDA, thus far, and no hard delivery appointment set. VIN is 93XXX, fwiw.

It will be interesting to see how it progresses...

Multi-Red/black/AWD/19"/EAP
8/11 order

Just Called the Delivery Hotline - 888-771-2505
No progress or updates but they did mention that I did not have an ISA assigned to my account and that it would take 3-5 days to get on assigned. They told me to call back on monday and see if one had been assigned. Hoping to take delivery in October but I don't think it will happen...

• Informative
Multi-Red/black/AWD/19"/EAP
8/11 order

Just Called the Delivery Hotline - 888-771-2505
No progress or updates but they did mention that I did not have an ISA assigned to my account and that it would take 3-5 days to get on assigned. They told me to call back on monday and see if one had been assigned. Hoping to take delivery in October but I don't think it will happen...
a switch to white interior will do wonders, it really does seem to make a diff. I'm not sure why, but as soon as I changed my interior option I got movement