Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could have sworn I said currently. I spoke to Delivery Central yesterday, as they seem to be the ones driving the cruise ship, she said there is nothing in the queue going east, it's all West Coast and Canada. She added she did not know the rhyme or reason for geographic shifts, speculating Elon wakes up and says, it's time to scratch the Canada itch or the CA itch or the NE itch,etc. I hope there is more rhyme than whim but...we're all here complaining about the same thing, so maybe it really is that simple. Ben Sullins (Teslanomics) stated Monday Tesla is building their own fleet of car carriers. Maybe the rhyme to reason is where they can subcontract several dozen car carriers. If you don't follow him, you should consider it. He and his wife have an S and a 3 and they've earned two roadsters. He'll likely have to sell the first just to pay the taxes on the second. In other words, he's got a huge following.
There is someone on here that spoke a day or two ago and was told West Coast. That's two people effectively told the same thing from Tesla Delivery. Obviously back in Q3 they had shipments, my car was shipped to the wrong place and I was one getting the Sept 26th fire drill text. I count them as 2 failed deliveries.

Hopefully this will stop the wrong info regarding east that started to pop up... my car was produced either Oct 1st or 2nd with a VIN 117,8XX which was registered with NTHSA on Sept 29th. It left the factory on Oct 3rd to the rail yard for 10/31 delivery at Westchester-Mt. Kisco, NY. I saw another CT person (Sivattm) with same confi (Blue AWD 19") scheduled for 10/31. So there are cars heading east as we speak.

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
Well that's what I disagreed with. Because there are definitely cars going east right now. I have a VIN and car is in transit (confirmed by multiple Tesla people in different departments).

Plus I saw quite a few posts about people taking deliveries this week.
My first VIN (which was paid for) was "in transit" according to multiple tesla employees in different departments, then eventually when my first delivery day failed. all the sudden. Sorry for the confusion sir, your car is in pre-production, umm what does that mean. Not built yet. literally never ever was a thing. was a lie. was a way to kick the can. I suspect few employees know what they're talking about. "In transit" means NOTHING!

For what it’s worth, my delivery seems to be plugging along. IDA, or whatever they are, contacted me and scheduled me. I even made sure to pick a couple days after they wanted to just to account for delays. I even have a MVPA on my account page that matches the vin I have been told by multiple people at telsa. Less than two weeks until delivery. We’ll see if they can screw this up.

My first VIN (which was paid for) was "in transit" according to multiple tesla employees in different departments, then eventually when my first delivery day failed. all the sudden. Sorry for the confusion sir, your car is in pre-production, umm what does that mean. Not built yet. literally never ever was a thing. was a lie. was a way to kick the can. I suspect few employees know what they're talking about. "In transit" means NOTHING!

Did this happen to you before or after end of Q3?

Well that's what I disagreed with. Because there are definitely cars going east right now. I have a VIN and car is in transit (confirmed by multiple Tesla people in different departments).

Plus I saw quite a few posts about people taking deliveries this week.

Hey @fallen888 , is there some way you know of to track your VIN while in transit, some tracking website perhaps? Or is calling Tesla delivery the only way to do so? Since getting my VIN Thursday afternoon, I haven’t called Tesla. That’s almost 48 hours, which is (I’m ashamed to say) the longest I have gone without calling them in two weeks.

Hey @fallen888 , is there some way you know of to track your VIN while in transit, some tracking website perhaps? Or is calling Tesla delivery the only way to do so? Since getting my VIN Thursday afternoon, I haven’t called Tesla. That’s almost 48 hours, which is (I’m ashamed to say) the longest I have gone without calling them in two weeks.

No, I don't have a tracking app I use or anything. But there's definitely been movement on my order in the past five days. Like I said, different lovely people in different departments have been very helpful in pushing things through and providing updates. And this morning my DS actually reached out to me to finalize trade-in stuff and confirm other delivery details.. which is different from some random sales person in Vegas doing it with no rhyme or reason. Last I heard, on my car was in Chicago, then onto Jersey and then my SC.. scheduled 10/23 - 10/27.

I really do think that with the crazy Q3 rush behind us, deliveries will be flowing more smoothly now. Call me an optimist.. :cool:

Just received first contact! (Reserved July 27, 2017; Ordered June 27, 2018; Metallic Silver AWD). Perhaps they're finally pushing through the remaining silvers!
Don't make the mistake of hyperventilating yet. If this follows true-to-form, you have several false alarms. As I learned from watching the delivery forum, I am going to wait until Mt Kisco tells me the car is in, has been prepped, detailed, washed, waxed, and is ready for me to drive it home. Just anecdotally, too many people have relayed they arrived only to be told the carrier hasn't arrived yet. I'm gonna guess they need 2 days after the car carrier arrives to process all the cars on it properly. THEN they can call me and I'll hyperventilate. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...um....won't be fooled again"

• Funny
Reactions: austinmichaeld
From what I've read here over the past month, much of the verbal correspondence people have with Tesla is not to be believed whether "we've got a vehicle real soon" or the "no shipments currently to the east" I'm skeptical, but may be true. Only way to disprove the statement for me is to see someone from the east get their car in short order.

Someone disprove this statement about no shipments to the east!

I am expecting mine mid November but they have until end of November to meet my expected delivery. No hard feelings for me until after 1DEC if I don't have it by then.

From what I've read here over the past month, much of the verbal correspondence people have with Tesla is not to be believed whether "we've got a vehicle real soon" or the "no shipments currently to the east" I'm skeptical, but may be true. Only way to disprove the statement for me is to see someone from the east get their car in short order.

Someone disprove this statement about no shipments to the east!

I am expecting mine mid November but they have until end of November to meet my expected delivery. No hard feelings for me until after 1DEC if I don't have it by then.

A coworker took delivery this week of a blue AWD non-p. Tyson’s Corner, VA.

wcorey said he talked to them yesterday, so I am using that for my cutoff for prove/disprove. I've never called them but at least I know they know I exist because I got the text at the end of last month along with everyone else so am satisfied for the time being. I have no basis in fact for any of my opinions, they are simply opinions based on gut feelings. If I had to bet my life on one side or another, I would expect my life to continue if I said I believe there are cars on their way to east coast. When someone says they got their car, i will be happy to have lack of east coast deliveries disproven.

I think there is a lack of careful reading going on here. The comments about shipments to the east are a consequence of what I was told by Tesla Delivery yesterday and what someone else several days ago was told by Tesla delivery. First of all, I am not routing for failure. I AM in the east and, as far as I am concerned my car is overdue.
Starting some days back it was reported on here, I think it was a woman, spoke with delivery and was told Tesla was now delivering solely to CA or west coast (can't be sure at this point). What I was told yesterday was Tesla was fulfilling West Coast (2 ppl told this) and Canada. That first person wasn't told Canada. This is an easy test, call delivery and straight up ask them, don't call locals, don't call sales, I was told days back by my IDA that there was this 'new group' managing order fulfillment now and feel free to ask him questions but he was out of the loop as far as when where etc. This morning I received an email where a guy in sales said
"I wish I could provide more information but everything is sort of in the hands of the delivery team now. They will be able to help out soon."
People have gotten very argumentative over this. When we (that other person and myself) were told Tesla is currently shipping to West Coast (and Canada) only. Currently means at the present time. It does not mean last week, last month. Transporting a car across country is not instantaneous. It's far easier to pick up a car in Fremont than ship it to CT or NoVa. Sacramento is a few hundred miles from Freemont, the east coast is 3,000 miles from Fremont.
From Reuters on 9/24
(Reuters) - Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) is building its own car carriers, as the electric carmaker faces vehicle distribution problems. The company is upgrading its logistics system but running into an “extreme” shortage of car carrier trailers, Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted on Monday in response to a customer, who placed order for a Model 3 All Wheel Drive (AWD) in June but has yet to receive the car.
In the absence of having your own fleet Tesla has to subcontract them. There MAY be regional supplies or scarcity which would lend credence to regional fulfillment. It is a critical component Tesla has zero control over. If one wanted to be really conspiratorial over it, ask yourself who has the most to gain if this "extreme" shortage is man-made. Not me, not the other person who mentioned it a few days ago. Yesterday 4:25pm @0mpg said "Very true. They told me I can have a car today if I wanted to fly to CA if not it’s weeks.". Yesterday at 3:42pm @VKM3 wrote ""All I hear from delivery people is "we don't have cars for your configuration in the east, we have plenty of cars in the west! Thank you for letting me know that you have cars in west......then why did you take my order to deliver a car to me, I guess we told you while ordering that our delivery location was not in CA". So seems multiple people have been told, effectively, the same thing.
Dan, this is not directed at you. Some people eager to deny the fact of that are marking these posts as "DISAGREE" we aren't making this up, we're messengers of what Tesla Delivery Team is telling us. I am highly confident in a week or two the fickle finger of fate will point to the East Coast or TX or TN. wait, they like oil in TN, so probably not there ;-) If someone takes delivery of something shipped 3 weeks ago, terrific, that was 3 weeks ago. There actually seems to be a storage hub in Chicago so maybe cars are stock piling there from weeks back. Interesting note: When I was first told I could pick up my car in Dedham, it wasn't at the SC, it was at the rail yard.
Personally I think people should chill and not assume someone is stating untruths on here. <wcorey out>