Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The circus is back in town.

Called to have them ping the car to see if it was still in Tennessee. Lo and behold it is at the delivery center. Called there and the car is going through final inspection now and I am back on for delivery at 4 today. Lord, let there NOT be and glaring problems.

Dan
That's what I was alluding to yesterday. "3 hours out" means an emanate delivery. They still had to offload it and prep/detail it. Too many people on here are getting way too manic depressive over this, causing wider spread mania.

That's what I was alluding to yesterday. "3 hours out" means an emanate delivery. They still had to offload it and prep/detail it. Too many people on here are getting way too manic depressive over this, causing wider spread mania.
I would agree with you after the first cancellation...maybe even the second. But after 4? You start to question if the car is actually "3 hours out" or not.

Dan

I would agree with you after the first cancellation...maybe even the second. But after 4? You start to question if the car is actually "3 hours out" or not.

Dan
I get it Dan. This is why I've repeated, in various forms, the down-side of whats happening here. Consider:
1) hour plus hold to talk to someone at Delivery Group
2) everyone calling 3-4 times/day
3) expectation someone on west coast knows what is actually happening to you ordered car
4) mixed messages point to only one thing, complete anarchy at Tesla
5) waiting to hear from your local SC or delivery point when your car is prepped and actually ready for pickup
6) people showing up as car is unloaded and seeing there was in transit damage and reporting lack of quality control
All of these things have a force multiplying effect on those still waiting to here. This raises FIA, goto point 1.

I've reached out to Musk and Sullins to get some public transparency and explanation on the assignment process and delivery process. Ben has visibility to inside the company.
For myself, I may have one 'my order fulfillment' post, that being after I've taken delivery. And that will be my last post here.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Understand, this is the first contact I have received from them and this is the day of delivery.

Dan
Really? First contact...you mean first unsolicited contact? That's actually a good thing. My point, moments ago, was suggesting everybody chill and simply wait for that call from the delivery center or, if the call came from the mother ship, explain you expect a call when the local sc has prepped and detailed the car then schedule a delivery slot.
Here's what I anticipate. When I get that call, I'll either repeat what I just said or politely say I can't make it in for a few days. Then call local delivery team asking them to call you once they've prepped and detailed the car.

There is way too much FIA and it is feeding on itself at this point.

Reactions: Fiver
Is there any magic to knowing when the vin was registered? I think it was Aug they registered over 10,000 in a single batch. That would be two weeks of production.
Something interesting on the Teslanomic videocast of last week. He said Bloomberg reported for two consecutive weeks production dropped to into the 2000 range down from 5500. Shortly after they talked about car carriers and extreme distribution issues.
I have a better idea if its fresh off the line or if its a Q3 reject that had issues.

I have a better idea if its fresh off the line or if its a Q3 reject that had issues.
Does it make a difference? You're conflating, I think, a "totaled" car to one with some scratches or misaligned panels. 'Totaled' cars don't get sold, cars rejected by the anal retentive should. Tesla cars are shipped the same way Ford and Chevy ship theirs. Do you check their VINs? People should read more. Musk has said in the last week they produced far more cars in Sept than they could ship so a Sept VIN means absolutely nothing. People should think twice before rejecting cars, a woman on the Teslanomics live vid yesterday told me she rejected her car (over correctable stuff), Tesla said fine, scheduled to refund her money and she could re-order.

Dedham SC told me, months ago, if there is a paint defect they will fix it, perhaps while you wait, if not, you get a free loaner, if it's body damage, free loaner and they'll get it fixed, totaled, they reject the car and you get a new one. This is yet another reason why it's best to wait to hear from local SC so they can fix/replace any damage. If you effectively expect delivery off the truck, yeah, you get what you get. How about this: people wait for SC to say it's ready for pickup.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Followed up today after hearing last Thursday that I had a car assigned and in transit.

Received further update that it's in transit with an ETA of 10/17 and this time they hgav me the VIN. 117xxx.

Sounds promising, but I've been here before. Nice to see a late VIN#
No MVPA or VIN on my account

So, this morning I got a text from my DA that the delivery scheduled for Oct 12 wasn't going to happen, no VIN. I called and was able to reach Justin at the 2505 number. Explained very nicely the situation about moving the delivery dates out weekly with no VIN and why even schedule anything with no VIN. Then asked what could be done. He agreed that scheduling anything without a VIN wasn't helpful. I also explained that I would be open to a couple other ext colors as along as the configuration was the same. He was friendly and volunteered to check the list of the few east coast cars available. I thanked him, we hung up, and I basically didn't expect to hear anything back.

Lo and behold, about an hour or so later, I receive a call from a Nevada number and it's Justin. He says they have a car that matches my config in blue sitting in NY and he could send it my way. The VIN is relatively recent 1008xx series and Justin says that the car is not a reject (hoping that's correct). Blue wasn't my first choice, but it's not on the never list either, so I tell him I'll take it.

Long story longer, now I have a VIN and the delivery is back on for Oct 12. Crossing fingers and toes that it goes smoothly and there are no issues with the car. Trying not to get my hopes up, but it's starting to feel like Christmas a little early...

upload_2018-10-9_14-0-50.png

Called the Tesla Delivery Number and Got my VIN 117xxx.
The guy said that the car is in transit and expected to arrive at the Tysons Corner Location on or around 10/27

Boom – nice to see more Tysons folks getting some love.

Oh @desiGeek, I was driving around the mall yesterday and stumbled upon their overflow lot. If you want to take a peek it's behind Crate and Barrel on the side road that connects International with Rt 7. Shockingly, there's not many cars in there but def saw some of our configs as well as plenty of trade-ins.

So I called the delivery hotline today after getting nothing back from my IDA since Saturday, when the car was supposed to make it to Atlanta. Delivery scheduled for Tampa this Sat (13)
Got a guy on the phone(Vincent) who shows car still sitting in Atlanta! He will check with logistics and call me back. And my stupid Tesla account was asking again me to submit my information which was already uploaded for the past 2 months!@*&&*^%%
These people really have some messed up systems. Seriously.

Update: Vincent called me back within 5 minutes (nice guy). Car has indeed been sitting in Atlanta since Saturday, but get this....Tesla logistics said they plan to load it on a truck tomorrow for the trip down to Tampa, because it's only 6 hours. I guess these logistics geniuses are not aware of the big A$$ hurricane getting ready to hit north Florida/south Georgia tomorrow.:mad::confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:

Oh well, hopes dashed again.....

• Funny
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
So I called the delivery hotline today after getting nothing back from my IDA since Saturday, when the car was supposed to make it to Atlanta. Delivery scheduled for Tampa this Sat (13)
Got a guy on the phone(Vincent) who shows car still sitting in Atlanta! He will check with logistics and call me back. And my stupid Tesla account was asking again me to submit my information which was already uploaded for the past 2 months!@*&&*^%%

Update: Vincent called me back within 5 minutes (nice guy). Car has indeed been sitting in Atlanta since Saturday, but get this....Tesla logistics said they plan to load it on a truck tomorrow for the trip down to Tampa, because it's only 6 hours. I guess these logistics geniuses are not aware of the big A$$ hurricane getting ready to hit north Florida/south Georgia tomorrow.:mad::confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:

Wow, that is an impressive lack of awareness. It may get on the truck but it ain't moving yet , unfortunately.

That actually happened to me, all the trade-in info was gone, as if there was no trade-in, final owed amount reflected no trade in. One email to IDA fixed that. I do check frequently now.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Have a real question for my fellow FIA sufferers regarding the process using a third party (bank or CU) to finance part of one’s Tesla. I am planning to finance half of the purchase price through my local CU, and communication with my loan agent has been poor and lacking in detail. Part of this is probably me because it has been so long since I have financed a vehicle it’s unfamiliar territory for me. Anyway I emailed her a copy of my MVPA and asked when I can pickup my check next week since my delivery is scheduled for Sunday 10/21 and the CU obviously isn’t open on a Sunday. She replied that I can’t pickup my check until after I get the signed contract from Tesla. She further explained that what she means is the contract I sign when I pickup the car. After I pickup the car I need to take that contract to their local branch and give them a copy, then sign some documents for the CU. Only then will the CU give me the check which I can then take back over the Tesla.

So my question for you folks - is this the way it is done? I was under the impression I would need to have my CU check in hand (along with my down payment) at delivery, and that Tesla would not let me drive off until they received payment in full. Have I been misinformed? Because my CU loan agent is making it sound like there are no circumstances under which they will issue a check before I take delivery. Is this standard procedure?

I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Oh, and good luck @Dan Detweiler , hope you’ll be driving off in your 3 in the next hour or so!

Have a real question for my fellow FIA sufferers regarding the process using a third party (bank or CU) to finance part of one’s Tesla. I am planning to finance half of the purchase price through my local CU, and communication with my loan agent has been poor and lacking in detail. Part of this is probably me because it has been so long since I have financed a vehicle it’s unfamiliar territory for me. Anyway I emailed her a copy of my MVPA and asked when I can pickup my check next week since my delivery is scheduled for Sunday 10/21 and the CU obviously isn’t open on a Sunday. She replied that I can’t pickup my check until after I get the signed contract from Tesla. She further explained that what she means is the contract I sign when I pickup the car. After I pickup the car I need to take that contract to their local branch and give them a copy, then sign some documents for the CU. Only then will the CU give me the check which I can then take back over the Tesla.

So my question for you folks - is this the way it is done? I was under the impression I would need to have my CU check in hand (along with my down payment) at delivery, and that Tesla would not let me drive off until they received payment in full. Have I been misinformed? Because my CU loan agent is making it sound like there are no circumstances under which they will issue a check before I take delivery. Is this standard procedure?

Oh, and good luck @Dan Detweiler , hope you’ll be driving off in your 3 in the next hour or so!
I have a reply for you but I'm sitting in the waiting room! If nobody answers your question I will share my thoughts later.

Dan

Again, my case, a screen shot of their web site showing they will fund. Just something from CU they are funding it. But ask them (tesla persons directly involved) prior to showing up.

I asked a similar question to Tesla. In my case the CU will pay Tesla directly, not via me. However, in the event I don't get a signed MVPA until delivery, all they (Tesla) needs is some indication from, even if indirectly, the CU they will pay. In my for-instance I had a congratulatory email from my CU they would pay $nnnn against the purchase. Tesla said that email would suffice. I don't, honestly, think that would work, but if you got any on letterhead acknowledgement of the agreement to fund from the CU, that should suffice. Point to note: I counted and have purchased 15 (maybe 16) (only brand new) cars. Except for first car (~$2,200 72 Chevy Vega) I've used banks, financial institutions. I've never handled their check. Generally whether it's Cap One or Toyota Financial it's all handled by the finance person at the dealership.

Reactions: webdbbt