Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked a similar question to Tesla. In my case the CU will pay Tesla directly, not via me. However, in the event I don't get a signed MVPA until delivery, all they (Tesla) needs is some indication from, even if indirectly, the CU they will pay. In my for-instance I had a congratulatory email from my CU they would pay $nnnn against the purchase. Tesla said that email would suffice. I don't, honestly, think that would work, but if you got any on letterhead acknowledgement of the agreement to fund from the CU, that should suffice. Point to note: I counted and have purchased 15 (maybe 16) (only brand new) cars. Except for first car (~$2,200 72 Chevy Vega) I've used banks, financial institutions. I've never handled their check. Generally whether it's Cap One or Toyota Financial it's all handled by the finance person at the dealership.

What my bank wanted was a signed MVPA (not the unsigned one that was sitting in my profile on the website for weeks prior to delivery). This can be generated before you actually purchase the car. It contains the VIN, the total cost of the car, and a electronic signature from a Tesla rep. I got one via email the Friday evening before delivery scheduled on Sunday Sept 30 (last day of quarter). This created a huge problem, because my bank (a major US bank) refuses to wire money to Tesla or wire money directly to me.

On Sunday, I actually look delivery of the car with a loan approval and an electronic copy of my loan agreement. I'm not sure if this is official policy that is allowed everywhere.

What you need to do is press Tesla for a signed MVPA prior to delivery. It is possible. However, I did spend hours of the phone over the prior week, only to get the document on Friday evening 2 days before a Sunday delivery. It was surprising to me how it was so difficult to generate that document.

I have to say though, the car was well worth the hassle. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and webdbbt
Does it make a difference? You're conflating, I think, a "totaled" car to one with some scratches or misaligned panels. 'Totaled' cars don't get sold, cars rejected by the anal retentive should. Tesla cars are shipped the same way Ford and Chevy ship theirs. Do you check their VINs? People should read more. Musk has said in the last week they produced far more cars in Sept than they could ship so a Sept VIN means absolutely nothing. People should think twice before rejecting cars, a woman on the Teslanomics live vid yesterday told me she rejected her car (over correctable stuff), Tesla said fine, scheduled to refund her money and she could re-order.

Dedham SC told me, months ago, if there is a paint defect they will fix it, perhaps while you wait, if not, you get a free loaner, if it's body damage, free loaner and they'll get it fixed, totaled, they reject the car and you get a new one. This is yet another reason why it's best to wait to hear from local SC so they can fix/replace any damage. If you effectively expect delivery off the truck, yeah, you get what you get. How about this: people wait for SC to say it's ready for pickup.
To me it does we all dont live in CT....Tesla delivers cars to your house where i live and the SC is backed up.... plus the car is prepped in a city 3hrs away.

20181009_161824.jpg
Tesla world, meet Patience.

Dan

I have an update on my order
Reservation 4/17
Dual Motor placed 7/9
Changed to performance p3d- 8/30

Was told vin is 5YJ3E1EB0JF094XXX and Delivery is set for 11/3 in Pennsylvania

Should I be concerned its a 94k vin and not something higher? I also asked if this was as performance model 3 since inception and I was assured it was.

I wish I got texts from my SC. Instead I get "We will call you back after talking to delivery".....that callback is forever lost in limbo.

Yeah, I'm somewhere in the middle. No texts, not super responsive to emails, but my DA has called me back once (they see the missed calls!). I couldn't reach him all day yesterday. Then found out he was off yesterday.. how dare he take off without notifying me!!

Understand, this is the first contact I have received from them and this is the day of delivery.

Dan

Wow, what a rollercoaster. :eek:

No MVPA or VIN on my account

My DA told me today that MVPA will likely not show for me until 48 - 72 hours to delivery.

View attachment 342301 Tesla world, meet Patience.

Dan

Congrats! A very appropriate name!

I have an update on my order
Reservation 4/17
Dual Motor placed 7/9
Changed to performance p3d- 8/30

Was told vin is 5YJ3E1EB0JF094XXX and Delivery is set for 11/3 in Pennsylvania

Should I be concerned its a 94k vin and not something higher? I also asked if this was as performance model 3 since inception and I was assured it was.
I have an AWD with that same vin range scheduled for Nov 1st delivery - don't think it means much at all - one way or the other.

Patiently waiting for my own version of this email for the Alpharetta location. Just like many of you I’ve been scheduled and cancelled on twice in September due to lack of VIN assigned. Ordered end of June, midnight obsidian black, awd, eap, etc., but moved since then to GA. Was expected to originally take deliver on 9/6/18 in VA but pushed out due to the move. Schedule for delivery in GA shortly after with eventual cancellations. 30-day pre-approval from my bank just expired so I’ll need to re-apply at a higher rate now. Any advice or action y’all recommend to take? Or just patiently wait for my delivery advisor to contact me? I’ve had emails, phone calls and texts from various Tesla employees telling me they found my exact car but never a VIN or an email like yours Dan.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
7 has always been my lucky number and 7 delivery attempts later, Tesla finally came through. I took delivery on 10/7 with an ODO reading of 7mi. No $hit. Going to ask the DMV if 'Lucky7s' is available.

My wrap guy met me at Tesla for a thorough delivery inspection (Kris @ Midnight Tint Bellevue, HIGHLY recommended for obvious reasons!). The car was damn near perfect minus some very minor paint correction items, a 1" gouge in the pillar panel behind the driver seat, and a drop of weird clear adhesive on the passenger front seat. I'm guessing it is the adhesive from the pano install. Not cool, but they're replacing the seat and otherwise it is flawless.

Tesla of Bellevue really made up for the delivery hell by giving that much time for the inspection, and then some. In fact, I'd say they bent over backwards to accommodate us. After the last failed delivery they put me in a 100D for 3 days for all the trouble. I have to give props to Sirena and team for making good of a bad situation.

Kris slapped some tacwrap (temp ppf) on the bumper/hood, we removed the Aero covers, and I followed him to his shop on Northrup where it's getting the full treatment now (wrap/tint/ceramic). Kris is a freakin good dude - If you're looking for a great, affordable PPF shop in Bellevue tell him Chris w/the blue 3 sent you. He also does 1pc. pano/back glass!

Anyway, this is Blueberry. Same name I gave my STI. One more week of the waiting game and he'll finally be coming home.

https://youtu.be/LRya4ZDplks

APP.png IMG_3439.JPG IMG_3444.JPG

Last edited: